• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Wow I just heard there is a winter warning for the first 2 weeks in August and that there might be snow.......just kidding...preparing for the devils armpit from Aug 6 to 14..we can dream of such things.
Every time I stand outside and melt at home right now, I think about how it’s not even close to what we are about to feel.
And we are Aug 5 to 13! I’m getting nervous about the lines, but I figure that if it’s bad enough, the hotel has a pool!

Question for my august peoples. This will be the first time we watch HEA with a child. What do people do with their strollers? Do people bring them into the viewing area or is there stroller parking somewhere nearby (even if we CAN bring our stroller in we may still opt to park it somewhere if possible)?

Question for my august peoples. This will be the first time we watch HEA with a child. What do people do with their strollers? Do people bring them into the viewing area or is there stroller parking somewhere nearby (even if we CAN bring our stroller in we may still opt to park it somewhere if possible)?
You will need/want to keep your stroller with you as leaving after HEA is challenging enough without trying to locate your stroller. It's also a great option for your child as you wait for HEA to start as many people are staking out their spot 90 mins before it starts so that's a long time to try holding your child, especially in the heat.

I'm honestly not too concerned about long lines for popular attractions-we have our must-do's and I wanted to try some of the more boring/less popular ones. I'm mostly interested in snacking, shopping, and wandering so hopefully my trip turns alright for us.

I'm honestly not too concerned about long lines for popular attractions-we have our must-do's and I wanted to try some of the more boring/less popular ones. I'm mostly interested in snacking, shopping, and wandering so hopefully my trip turns alright for us.

Same. DW is pregnant, and DS is almost 3, so we will be doing a lot of the non headliners. Ones I am anticipating a wait on will be MMRR, Barnstormer (he is tall enough now, I'm so excited haha), and Frozen, but other than that going to eat a lot at Epcot, swim a bunch at SAB, and just enjoy our last vacation as a family of 3 :)

Not sure where I have been but we are also going in August of this year, rebooked from our canceled trip from last year. We are going to celebrate our daughter's birthday, bringing a friend. I would also cancel or postpone with all of these reports of crazy crowds and no fastpasses. The dining plan is really killing me. We can't cancel again so we are forging straight ahead. Going to make the best of it. But I love nights in the parks and I see that most of the added hours are in the morning. Yuck...I like the nights when the sun goes down.

Pineapple! Small piece three times a day. It minimizes viral replication and reduces the odds you’ll get really sick. But, it’s pineapple three times a day.
So you are telling me I need three dole whips a day. Or at least that is how I choose to interpret this. Challenge accepted!

Have you tried calling Disney? I had to push back our August 2021 trip to late Jan 2022 2 days ago. I couldn't find availability online for the dates that interested me but a call to Disney and they were able to find availability at the resort we wanted and for our exact dates. Seems they have access to things we can't see online.
Sigh...I can't take the bad reports any more. I'm looking into rescheduling for next year and just increasing my Universal Vacation for this year. It's not that I expect Universal to be any better, it's the combination of lower expectations and EXPRESS PASS, that make it easier to deal with. If I can get the dates to line up, I'll keep my BOO Bash tickets for Aug 10 and Aug 17.
Sorry to hear you both had to postpone. If I didn’t have expiring DVC points I’d join you. Parks seem to be a bit of a nightmare right now. Hope when you are able to go, it will be perfect.

Anyone else anxiously awaiting updated mask guidance? I am fine either way…as long as no masks outside I am happy.

I ordered a bunch more disposable ones. My kids are15-21. I don’t think they’ll lose them, but don’t they get gross in your pocket? I’m figuring we need 3? Per day. 11 days times 5 people. That’s so many masks!

and then more for 4 days at universal

I ordered a bunch more disposable ones. My kids are15-21. I don’t think they’ll lose them, but don’t they get gross in your pocket? I’m figuring we need 3? Per day. 11 days times 5 people. That’s so many masks!
Yep! I just ordered 2 boxes of 50 for the trip. I was thinking 3 a day for 4 people for 7 days! That's a lot of masks, but I want to be prepared.

Anyone else anxiously awaiting updated mask guidance? I am fine either way…as long as no masks outside I am happy.
Me! We have all been sick with covid before and do NOT want a repeat. With the reports of fully vaccinated people getting more breakthrough infections with Delta, and having kids under 12, I really really want indoor masks back. We booked with DVC points before the mask mandate was lifted and its been stressing me out ever since.

and then more for 4 days at universal
We bought cords on Amazon that you attach to mask straps so you can wear it like a necklace when walking outdoors or eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter