• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cake 20

eeyore45 said:
I'll give it a go from *my* experience...

We did CRT in Oct - it was my mom's birthday - then DD bday 3 days later... I loved the streamers and Mickey Confetti on that table - gorgeous, I'm pretty sure they got a special placemat that the Princesses signed, as well as signing DD autograph book - which my Mom just loved getting their autographs btw!!

Since it was breakfast I didnt order a cake, but they did bring the cupcake, and like you mentioned, wasnt sure if they'd eat it, so I had brought 2 ziplock bags!! I think they shared one and I brought one back to the resort - anyway it was a cute dome shaped chocolate cupcake with confetti candy on it - and was moist and delicious!!

I posted about ordering the $12 -$15 Cake - NEVER again. Unless they make it on site, I think they do deliver them frozen... but again I could be wrong.

The castle cake I believe is very small and cost $25 (again dont quote me!) When I called the Grand Floridian to arrange this special cake the CM there talked me out of it and promised we'd love the Chocolate cake best - she was right - melt in your mouth!! It is made at the Grand FLoridian so I believe you have to have a plan to pick it up there, or like us just go ahead and reserve a 1900 Park Fair Dinner - its Buffet and Delicious...

Also note, the kids eat a lot, and a lot of sweets, and a lot different than home, they are extremely excited, so for me, I belive they'd love sharing a cake - it was big enough for our party of 4 adults and one child we ate less than 1/2 small pieces I'll admit - but we took it back to the resort!!

HTH
DSCN1150.jpg

Cake 20 B
tinknme said:
I had a cake delivered to Boma from the GF. I called Boma about 2 weeks before I left. They did not have the type of cake I was wanting, so the lady I spoke with called GF while I was on the phone & ordered it for me. I was never told there was going to be a delivery charge. The only price she told me was the $25. I asked if I could pay while on the phone, but was told to pay for it the night I received it.

When I arrived for our seatings they knew I had ordered a cake & it had been delivered. After dinner I had our waitress bring out the cake. She took my cc info & said all would be taken care of. This was in the 6th & I still have not seen the charge yet, I hope I don't get a surprise with a $75 delivery charge :rolleyes:

Anyway here is a picture of the cake. I ordered this for a Dis friend that was celebrating her birthday. This is a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting & it was the best carrot cake I have ever eaten. The frosting was the best! The DDA stands for "Disney Design Addicts".

100_0714.jpg

20C
I didn't order this so unfortunately I have no details. I saw it in the glass counter of the Boardwalk Bakery so I just took a photo of it. I know.....I shoulda got details....... sorry! :guilty:

carscakewi7.jpg

We are heading back in 2 weeks so if no-one else has more info by then, I will find out.

Cake 20 D & E

We went on a short 2 night 3 day trip which included 4 character meals and 4 cakes.

Here are the pictures.

47b7da22b3127cce8306e71a961300000016108Aat2TRy0ctg

This was an Ariel cake from GF which was by far the best tasting!! Delicious, so moist and yummy!!

47b7da22b3127cce8306fad6d64900000016108Aat2TRy0ctg

Lastly, this was a JoJo & Goliath one at Hollywood & Vine- came in second in taste.

47b7da22b3127cce8306fe9b573600000016108Aat2TRy0ctg

Cake 21
dizneykid said:
Birthday Cake from Citricos. I ordered this for my DH's birthday from the GF Bakery. It was devil's food cake with vanilla custard and fresh strawberry filling with whipped cream icing.

49425Birthday_Cake.jpg

49425Slice.jpg

Cake 21 B
aes74 said:
My daughter's cake from her birthday at 1900 Park Fare:

IMG_1681.jpg

(everything was edible!)

21C
Here is the cake I had made on 12-14 for CRT at lunch:I called the MK Bakery number off page one of this thread for the x-mas Mickey cake. It was vanilla with vanilla buttercream icing... $25 for the cake and $8 for the image which I used my DDE card for at Lunch (it was very yummy). CRT kept the cake at the restaurant until we were ready to leave the park.

PICT0010.jpg

21D
We ordered a cake for dd's 15th birthday for our dinner at WCC on April 7th. It was a 10 inch cake ~ marble cake, chocolate buttercream inside and chocolate ganache frosting. Here's a picture:

DSCI0498.jpg

And here's the inside:

DSCI0517.jpg

It was $40 and I ordered it by calling WL private dining. I ordered it about 2 months before our dinner and called to confirm a week prior. They had remembered, but no one got word to our server (we also had a gift basket, which I'll post later). That was a bummer because we had to ask dd10 to "fake" a potty break and ask dd15 to take her so we could talk to our server in private. We saw that she had brought out the "complimentary" dessert for dd15 and wanted to stop her and tell her about the cake and gift basket before she gave the smaller one.

The whole thing was a surprise for dd. She was surprised and it all went great once we informed the server.

We had told the host & hostess and called to confirm like 3 times about the adr, the cake and the gift basket. We really couldn't have mentioned it to the server while eating as dd was there and we didn't want her to know.

The cake was good, but I discovered chocolate ganache is not my favorite (this was the first time I'd had it). I thought it had a strange after-taste. Everyone else loved it though! After our big dinner, we were not that hungry and only ate a small portion of the cake, but did bring it back to our room at Pop (where we used the fridge swap, which was great because the cake fit!). We had the rest of it for breakfast one morning, so we did manage to eat it all, but it was HUGE for 4 people!

Cake 22

TinkerBelle_325 said:
My parents and I just got back from WDW (Mar 23rd to 28th) and we were there to celebrate my 21st birthday. My favorite character is tinkerbell and my mom was able to get the Boardwalk Bakery to make a Tink Cake!!

efa01687.jpg

efa01660.jpg

Cake 22 B
Snoopygirl said:
WDW2006114.jpg

I odered this cake from the GF Bakery. We ate at 1900 PF lon Sept. 17th for dinner and we were celebrating my Brother and SIL's 10th anniv. This cake was soooo good. It was all chocolate and that ganash is the best!! Cost was $25 plus tax. Well worth it!

22C
Here is the cake we ordered from GF bakery for DD's 2nd Birthday. The Concierge at Poly picked it up and delivered it to our rom (I paid by credit card over the phone 2 weeks in advance).

It was a 6" cake but easily fed the 6 of us. It was $30 total and was pretty good.

waltdisneyworld2006249.jpg

Cake 23

letterdavidman said:
Here's a pic of the chocolate cake w/ chocolate icing that I got for DW's birthday Wishes! cruise. Pretty good cake.

Staceysbirthdaycake.jpg

Cake 23 B
robinb said:
We ordered raspberries and whipped cream and with a buttercream frosting and it was *great*:

Birthday7-3.jpg

23C
I was told that the CP couldn't hold my cake for me after lunch. Well, they did no problem. Here is a pic of our very delicious cake with a Mickey and Pluto image asked for-

smallcake.jpg

Cake 24
Reported to be a cake form the GF and total with the cake and the topper is $70.

LCTsMom said:
We ordered DDs cake a week before our dinner reservations. We were there last week. The cake and the whole dinner were amazing.
IMG_0559.jpg

f4ee91ec.jpg

cake 24 B
meowser said:
I ordered this cake from the Contemporary Private Dining. I ordered it a few days in advance to be delivered after I checked in. They called my room to make sure it was a good time to bring the cake and then they brought it to the room! :banana:

It's the basic 6" chocolate with chocolate filling cake. I forgot to take a picture before we ate some, :blush: so you'll have to make do with the 'after' photo! :lmao: There was a nice large chocolate icing flower, but we ate that first!

The cake was pretty good! DBF loved it and was very surprised!

Cake.jpg

24C

This is from my sons bday trip Oct 2006.

We ordered this at beach club (DVC) side. Cost $60.00 includes tax & tip. It is white chocolated hand painted.

DSC04545.jpg

DSC04546.jpg

DSC04539.jpg

Cake 25

beattyfamily said:
If you want to order a cake at Epcot, just call disney dining and they will give you the phone number.

If you want to see what you can order at your resort, just call their main number and ask for in-room dining and they can tell you what they have to offer. Most deluxes have their own bakery that do all sorts of nice things!

I called Boardwalk to arrange a delivery of the white chocolate Mickey and strawberries and it was great! I'm sure AKL can do something great for your anniversary!

choc%20Mickey.JPG

25B

This is from my sons bday trip Oct 2006.

We ordered this at beach club (DVC) side. Cost $60.00 includes tax & tip. It is white chocolated hand painted.

DSC04545.jpg

DSC04546.jpg

DSC04539.jpg

25 C

Cake 26

beattyfamily said:
I had my 40th birthday celebration at the Castle for dinner. When we called to order a cake they said they could just about any character except a few like Pooh/Pixar I believe.

Anyway, below is my cake. It was yummy. I think it was $25.

b-day%20cake.JPG

cAKE 26 b
Praise2Him said:
Here's the cake I ordered from the MK bakery for DD's birthday Sept. 8 at CRT. It's the 8 inch cake with vanilla cake, filling and icing. It was $25 and the Tinkerbell was $8 for a total of $33. I did get the 20% discount for the DDE card. It was delicious and I thought the Mickey head confetti was a cute touch. There were only the 2 of us, so they boxed it up and kept it at the restaurant until we got ready to leave the park.

100_4841.jpg

100_4843.jpg

26C
Here is a picture of my sister's birthday cake from 1-14-07. We had dinner at the Crystal Palace and I had ordered it from the Crystal Palace bakery. Its the one that is suppose to feed 8 people and cost $33 plus tax.

BDayCake.jpg

Our waitress had it timed so that Eeyore, who is my sister's favorite character was at our table when the cake was brought out. It was very special and memorable. :) My sister had no idea what was on her cake since I wouldn't tell her and she loved it. Crystal Palace did a great job with the cake!

26D
This thread is great!! We are going in February, and I am racking my brain for which dinner to plan a cake for!!! LOL!!!

Here's a cake we got for my DD's birthday. It was at the Cape May Clam Bake. It was fabulous.

9.jpg

I've seen lots of birthday cakes here, but no birthday cakes. And we're staying at a resort that doesn't have in-room dining, OKW. So where would our best bet be for ordering an anniversary cake? And do they deliver or do we pick it up?

Wow zurgswife - Thanks for all your work to gather the info. I'm ready to order a cake............unfortunately, I don't know when we'll be in Disney again. Oh well, it's fun to dream!! ;)

I would like to get a cake at the California Grille ? a 6 inch one would be fine has anyone done this ? Also what about Spoodles ? :cool1:

Wow, you sure were busy last night! Thank you for putting all the info into one thread. Its great!

All the info looks good and it's nice to have it all condensed into one thread.

I just wanted to add that the Cinderella Slipper at CRT is NOT covered under the DDP. I also think, for some reason, its only $12.50 at CRT even though its $14 at GF.

Also the Choc Mickey and Strawberries can also be ordered at the GF (as well as the Boardwalk, where I got it).

When in doubt about who to call for a particular restaurant, call Disney Dining. They have a long list of phone numbers on who to call to order a cake for each restaurant.

And lastly, if you want to try and order something special at your resort, call in-room dining if you have it because they are the ones who can tell you what's available. If you have Concierge, they can arrange for desserts that usually aren't available at your resort so its worth it to ask them.

Thanks again!! :thumbsup2

Oh I just wanted to add that the birthday cakes at some restaurants are just a frozen ones they take out and thaw when you order it like at Princess Storybook at Epcot; and they cannot put names on them. Not all restaurants can get a special order cake.

CRT told me they could put almost any character on the cake except Pooh and friends and pixar.

Simba's Mom said:
I've seen lots of birthday cakes here, but no birthday cakes. And we're staying at a resort that doesn't have in-room dining, OKW. So where would our best bet be for ordering an anniversary cake? And do they deliver or do we pick it up?

Cake 14, 15, and 16 specifically were ordered as Anniversary Cakes. Though any cake could have happy anniversary written on it rather than Happy birthday. I would suggest to figure out where you are dining on your Anniversary then call that restaurant. They will then have the cake there for you is my understanding.

Wow! These look great! I was wondering if I should get a cake delivered to our Wishes cruise leaving from the Poly to celebrate my DH's 40th B-day (was on the 3rd). I guess I'd have to call the Poly bakery, correct?

dtuleya said:
Wow! These look great! I was wondering if I should get a cake delivered to our Wishes cruise leaving from the Poly to celebrate my DH's 40th B-day (was on the 3rd). I guess I'd have to call the Poly bakery, correct?

I'd start there. I'm sure if for the cruise you need to contact someone else they will let you know.

Just got off the phone with O'hanas and I'm sooo excited! Ordered 10 inch chocolate cake, dark chocolate filling and chocolate buttercream icing. My mouth is watering as I type!

Incredible job!!! THanks for condensing all that info. Now, to decide what it is exactly, that I want for dd's birthday in Oct!!!

Wow, Zurgswife, you did an amazing job putting this thread together. Thank you so much for taking the time to organize this info in a way that will be so helpful to posters planning to order cakes. :)

Now I need to figure out what I want to order for my trip in 3 weeks and where to eat it....I'm surprising my DH for his BD. Which is technically 4 days after we return home...but I can't resist celebrating at WDW when I can.

zurgswife said:
Cake 14, 15, and 16 specifically were ordered as Anniversary Cakes. Though any cake could have happy anniversary written on it rather than Happy birthday. I would suggest to figure out where you are dining on your Anniversary then call that restaurant. They will then have the cake there for you is my understanding.
Thanks so much! I don't know where my eyes (and my mind) were last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter