Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just called the cake hotline. As Teppan Edo is an outside establishment (or some sort of wording like that), the attandant said she'd take down my information and they'd call me back. So, we'll see.

Teppan Edo called back today. A lovely, polite woman spoke to me for awhile and we talked about different options. She was willing to do whatever I wanted. But, I wound up not ordering anything. She said she'd gladly provide a complimentary slice of cake for each of us to celebrate our anniversary. She suggested it when she found out we're just a party of two, so we wouldn't have to carry around leftover cake while we finish touring the park that day.

I was kind of looking forward to a big custom cake, but she's so right ... whatever happiness and surprise a gorgeous cake would generate for my hubby ... would quickly dissipate after dinner when he had to lug around a box of leftovers. ;)

Thanks for all the great tips and ideas all through this thread!

Here are some pictures of the Halloween themed cake that I ordered through the Beach Club last year. I specifically asked for the orange/black marble fondant and edible decorations on the top. The cake was AWESOME!!!!! I think that the cost was around $85.

That's super cute! I love it. The little spiders would creep me out a bit though.. :rotfl:

Here are some pictures of the Halloween themed cake that I ordered through the Beach Club last year. I specifically asked for the orange/black marble fondant and edible decorations on the top. The cake was AWESOME!!!!! I think that the cost was around $85.

WDWOctoberTrip20081064.jpg

Thanks for sharing! I love it!!!

The table was decorated with mickey head confetti and they put a table centerpiece, which is folder like thing that opens up and it pops up. It has a 3d castle and in front is goofy and mickey and friends all jumping and celebrating. It was like a pop up centerpiece at a childrens bday party but it was really cute and we could bring it home so we can use it again at other parties.

The goody bags you have two choices the regular and deluxe. We got the deluxe bags that comes with a canvase tote that says celebrate. The bag is small like maybe four or five inches, not like a big tote bag lol Inside there was mickey mouse magnets, a mickey straw, a little coloring book and crayons and paper mickey ears. There was also a signed mickey mouse card.

It was really cute and the good thing was the restaurant took care of the whole thing, so I didnt have to remember to bring table decorations or added things. It was well worth the money.

Would LOVE to do this for our niece in August... who did you call to arrange this? Wonder if they do it at other TS restaurants??

Teppan Edo called back today. A lovely, polite woman spoke to me for awhile and we talked about different options. She was willing to do whatever I wanted. But, I wound up not ordering anything. She said she'd gladly provide a complimentary slice of cake for each of us to celebrate our anniversary. She suggested it when she found out we're just a party of two, so we wouldn't have to carry around leftover cake while we finish touring the park that day.

I was kind of looking forward to a big custom cake, but she's so right ... whatever happiness and surprise a gorgeous cake would generate for my hubby ... would quickly dissipate after dinner when he had to lug around a box of leftovers. ;)

Thanks for all the great tips and ideas all through this thread!

They can't hold it for you til closing, or have it sent to your resort?
Don't know about any of this, but maybe it's worth a try?
We did carry ours back from Yachtsman Steakhouse to BWV after dinner, but I was thinking about it ahead of time, so we planned to go back to our room after dinner to change before park touring for the night.
Good luck and enjoy!

Does anyone know the BoardWalk Bakery hours? We are going in Oct and thought I might inquire about my B'day cake then. M B'day cake would not bee needed until Jan. I am not sure where we want to eat. Ohana, Chef Mickey, Turf Club
Lexi

Has anyone ever had a pirate mickey cake made? We are celebrating my ds' birthday (and mine, but I'd really just like to forget it) in Sept. We are eating at Narcoosee's, so I would like to order a cake from the GF, but am having trouble with ideas for a 7 year old boy's b-day. Ds loves pirates and he will be doing lots of pirate things on this trip. I've seen the little treasure cake chests, but would like to do something a little bigger.

Thanks!

Has anyone ever had a pirate mickey cake made? We are celebrating my ds' birthday (and mine, but I'd really just like to forget it) in Sept. We are eating at Narcoosee's, so I would like to order a cake from the GF, but am having trouble with ideas for a 7 year old boy's b-day. Ds loves pirates and he will be doing lots of pirate things on this trip. I've seen the little treasure cake chests, but would like to do something a little bigger.

Thanks!

The GF will do just about anything you want. BUT.. have you considered taking him to the Pirates league? It is kind of like the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique where they will dress him like a pirate! Check it out!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/pirates-league/

The GF bakery does not deliver birthday cakes to restaurants outside of the GF.

You would need to order thru the Palace.

A belated thanks for the clarification.

Another question- is GF the only one who makes the Strawberries with Bavarian Custard, or do other places in The World make it?

I'm a little fixated on my cake for the time being- can you tell? It's keeping me busy until I can make my ADRs on 8/24. I'm at a loss of what I want on the outside of my cake- that's my latest obsession. I know I want something that I (and everyone else) can ooh & ahh over. I know that I want something that is 'me', yet is still Disney... I guess I'm just going to have to keep going thru the photo threads *tiring, but awesome!!*

The GF will do just about anything you want. BUT.. have you considered taking him to the Pirates league? It is kind of like the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique where they will dress him like a pirate! Check it out!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/pirates-league/

Yes, we have ressies for him (and my youngest dd) to do the Pirates League. They are also doing the Pirates Treasure Hunt (through GF) and our entire family is going on the Pirates and Pals cruise.

The last time we went to Disney World, we went to several princess themed activities, and I am excited that there are finally pirate themed things to do with ds. This is a suprise trip for our kids, so I can't wait to tell them!

Another question- is GF the only one who makes the Strawberries with Bavarian Custard, or do other places in The World make it?

I've had strawberries and custard filling in cakes at the BC and at the Poly. I do think that the in park restaurants typically have less variety, but it is certainly worth a shot. Good luck!

I am thinking about ordering the mickey head cake for my daughters birthday at chef mickeys. Does anyone know if you can get a minnie head? I have read about it on here but was wondering if anyone has a photo?:confused3

I am thinking about ordering the mickey head cake for my daughters birthday at chef mickeys. Does anyone know if you can get a minnie head? I have read about it on here but was wondering if anyone has a photo?:confused3

Yes, someone asked this just a few posts back. They will make the mickey head cake into a minnie head.

I want to see about ordering a Nemo cake for my DS for his 2nd birthday and we are eating at Coral Reef one night. Has anyone gotten a cake from them? Should I call the cake hotline or just call Coral Reef? This is his first trip to WDW the last time I went I was 9. :yay:

I was wondering if I can get a Mickey shaped cake delivered to my room at POR? Do they charge alot for delivery? I was going to do it at Chef Mickeys for my daughters birthday but that would only give us two days to eat the whole cake.

We'll be at CRT on DD actual Birthday.
What are my choices of cakes I can pre-order there ?
It's just the 2 of us so no need for a big cake but I want something special that says Happy Birthday (her name) on it !:wizard:

Slipper is not considered because she already got a box with a white chocolate slipper in it last year here at home.
So the wow factor would not be there...

I was thinking about the mini-castle cake, but I think they don't offer it there.
Or maybe the mini-wedding cake, would they agree to put some pink touches on it ?

What else would you suggest, you cake lovers out there:surfweb:

I have called 2 numbers and neither of them are the right ones to place an order. The first one, is no longer in service..Will someone post the correct one so I can place my order? Please and thank you with extra frosting on top:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter