Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooops...I knew that about the GF bakery...so if I picked up it would have to be Boardwalk Bakery. The only reason I was thinking I might have to get it from GF/Boardwalk was due to it being a custom cake. I thought I read somewhere in this thread that CRT was limited in the type of cakes you could order...Anyone know if I am remembering correctly? Who knew a cake for a 4 yo would be so confusing :upsidedow

Some deluxe resorts have their own (amazing) bakeries like GF and YC for example. So if you eat at a restaurant in a location with a good bakery, you'll have more cake choices.

The park restaurants have limited choices.

The Boardwalk Bakery is the only bakery on Disney property where you can pick up a cake.

Thanks ever so much, I hadn't wanted to search the whole thread if there wasn't anything!!:lmao: Anyway, after your message I did look through the original thread and found a beautiful christmas cake from 2006 - so hopefully we can get one like that!!:thumbsup2

ANyway, thanks again!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I'm glad you found a cake you like. :)

We will be celebrating my daughter's birthday at lunch at CRT. I want a custom cake from the GF which I believe I will need to pick-up. My question is....We plan on spending the whole day at MK. Can I bring the cake to CRT in the morning and have them hold it till lunch? Will they also "hold" the leftovers so I can pick it up later in the day when we leave MK?

TIA

:cake:

I think - or 2 years ago.... we ordered the cake from the GF hotline and it was delivered to CRT - I think I called there because of the Slipper Desserts were only from GF! :confused3 And 2 years ago CRT offered to hold our leftover cake in the box in their refrigerator until we were ready to leave the park...

I got a chocolate Chocolate mousse cake - I remember the server being excited for this cake telling the other CM who was serving a podium cake - making a point saying you'll want to see the GF Bakery's creation for my table - lots of "oos and ahhhs"

again, things change around Disney!

we also had a Lunch Reservation for CRT - it was an awesome reservation, great lunch - perfect cake!!

I am going with my oldest daughter in a few weeks for her 12th birthday. We did a cake for my Mom's 60th at Le Cellier in 2008 and it was great (presentation got majorly screwed up but cake was delicious!). Anyway I remember how huge that cake was and since this trip is just she and I it seems nuts to waste so much cake.

We are eating at 1900 PF one night. I've seen a little mini cake with a castle, think that might be a good option? Or could I get the chocolate covered strawberries? That might be nice too, she likes those.

I want to do something but I don't want it to be a huge cake that goes to waste and we are staying at Pop so we won't have a fridge.

Thanks!

Allyson

Hi All,

Anyone know the number to call for CRT special events? Like if you wanted to order the Cinderella Slipper Dessert for a special Occasion?

Thanks!

PS, if anyone knows the price of the slipper off-hand, that would be great!

Thanks so much!

Allyson -

my dd is 12 - and since you are at 1900 - you can order a slipper dessert - dd loves those! I was also considering the castle cake for her 13th bday - I havent seen too many posts this year with the chocolate covered strawberries - I know they used to be listed on page one of the cake threads? :confused3

so much change!!

I am going with my oldest daughter in a few weeks for her 12th birthday. We did a cake for my Mom's 60th at Le Cellier in 2008 and it was great (presentation got majorly screwed up but cake was delicious!). Anyway I remember how huge that cake was and since this trip is just she and I it seems nuts to waste so much cake.

We are eating at 1900 PF one night. I've seen a little mini cake with a castle, think that might be a good option? Or could I get the chocolate covered strawberries? That might be nice too, she likes those.

I want to do something but I don't want it to be a huge cake that goes to waste and we are staying at Pop so we won't have a fridge.

Thanks!

Allyson

Just an FYI... you don't have to put it in the fridge. 1900 PF boxed it up for us and it did fine for us and I just ate on it out of the box. Unless you get it as a cheesecake you should be fine if you want to take it with you.

Just an FYI... you don't have to put it in the fridge. 1900 PF boxed it up for us and it did fine for us and I just ate on it out of the box. Unless you get it as a cheesecake you should be fine if you want to take it with you.

If you have a mousse, you might not want to risk it if you're not heading straight back to your room. That can go bad as well.

Does anyone know if the Poly has its own bakery? I'd really like to order a birthday cake for my son while we're staying there. :confused3

Hi everyone! We just got back from a wonderful trip and the GF bakery TOTALLY outdid themselves with my son's pirate cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Price: $130
Date Received: July 17,2009
Cake info - Key Lime pie filling, fondant cake... I wanted a pirate themed cake that was age appropriate for a 12 year old boy

Here is a copy and paste of my trip report on the cake. I have to add tons of photos due to the sheer amount of detail in this cake!

A few months before our trip I started planning his birthday cake. I wanted something that would knock his socks off ~ a real pirate cake! I didn't want anything babyish or capt hook like as he is 12 now. I spoke with Pat (the GF cake lady) several times and we came up with a plan for a great cake...little did I know just HOW great it was ...man o man I was speechless. The filling was key lime pie as that is Ryan's favorite flavor in the entire world!

Here is the first photo of it being brought to our table
3770766929_f8e0bca565_b.jpg

The head chef of the GF bakery personally came to our table to introduce himself. His name was Richard and he was so proud of his creation and explained to us how much fun he had decorating it! It was really cool to meet him.

All of the characters had to come over and sneak a peek at this cake ..as well as all the guest!
3771568962_a6e815a971_b.jpg

Here is the top photo for me ... my too cool 12 year old totally lost his cool and turned into a little boy again :lovestruc
3770767569_8f776373bc_b.jpg

I swear I almost cried ...actually I think a tear or 2 slipped when nobody was looking LOL

3771569658_3f1d59aba5_b.jpg

3771569890_be65b71b4f_b.jpg

I have tons of photos of this cake simply because I couldn't do justice to the amount of detail if I didn't ...OMG this cake was soooo full of details~ every tiny little part of it!
3770775005_6ffe56be85_b.jpg

3771576252_8c845c3a60_b.jpg

3771575952_52e044ac75_b.jpg

This photo came out blurry but you can even see the painted gold teeth of the skull this cake had that much detail!
3770774211_272f99708c_b.jpg

3771575486_11054ba5fd_b.jpg

Also ....everything was edible!

another shot of my very surprised and happy boy!
3770773663_4d35b29544_b.jpg

There was even a glo cube in the skull to give it a spooky effect
3770773399_b7eb4891ef_b.jpg

3770772951_7c9a69f339_b.jpg

Hi everyone! We just got back from a wonderful trip and the GF bakery TOTALLY outdid themselves with my son's pirate cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Info: GF bakery
filling: key lime pie (my son's favorite flavor)
cost: $130

Here is a copy and paste of my trip report on the cake. I have to add tons of photos due to the sheer amount of detail in this cake!

A few months before our trip I started planning his birthday cake. I wanted something that would knock his socks off ~ a real pirate cake! I didn't want anything babyish or capt hook like as he is 12 now. I spoke with Pat (the GF cake lady) several times and we came up with a plan for a great cake...little did I know just HOW great it was ...man o man I was speechless. The filling was key lime pie as that is Ryan's favorite flavor in the entire world!

The head chef of the GF bakery personally came to our table to introduce himself. His name was Richard and he was so proud of his creation and explained to us how much fun he had decorating it! It was really cool to meet him.

All of the characters had to come over and sneak a peek at this cake ..as well as all the guest!
3771568962_a6e815a971_b.jpg

Here is the top photo for me ... my too cool 12 year old totally lost his cool and turned into a little boy again :lovestruc
3770767569_8f776373bc_b.jpg

I swear I almost cried ...actually I think a tear or 2 slipped when nobody was looking LOL

WOW that cake is amazing!

WOW that cake is amazing!
They knocked our socks off with it that's for sure!

The chef explained he wanted to decorated it like a treasure trove ... a pirates booty so to speak. It was SOOOO cool!

Info: GF bakery
filling: key lime pie (my son's favorite flavor)
cost: $130

Wow!!! That cake is amazing!!! Did it taste as good as it looks?

Wow!!! That cake is amazing!!! Did it taste as good as it looks?

He loved the taste but I am NOT a fan of key lime pie LOL

I wanted the cake to be extra special FOR HIM so made sure it had his favorite filling. DH and the kids said it was WONDERFUL so I just had a very small slice without filling on it and took their word for it :lmao:

I am a sweet rasberry/strawberyy kind of gal and the rest of the family is a sour tasting family ..lemon/ lime type flavors.

I have read some mention of a monorail cake or topper. Are there any pictures of this? My son LOVES the monorail.

Can some of you please give me an idea of which restaurant I should get our cake at or if I should pick it up at the Boardwalk Bakery. Here's where we're eating:

CRT
Chef Mickey
Le Cellier
Sci Fi
Akershus
Teppan Edo
Crystal Palace

If I cannot decide what to do I may just go w/ the mickey head for Chef Mickey's. Thanks!

I really need to order one soon. Thanks!

That pirate cake was absolutely amazing!

Man, it would have broken my heart to 'disassemble' and eat that work of art! An absolutely stellar job by Chef Richard! :thumbsup2

Man, it would have broken my heart to 'disassemble' and eat that work of art! An absolutely stellar job by Chef Richard! :thumbsup2

It was hard to do! We had them deliver it to our room as we were staying at the GF. We had to disassemble it in private in case we messed it all up ...we didn't want witnesses :rotfl2:
The kids ate on it all week long and I put many of the chocolate pieces in a zip lock bag in the fridge. We still have a few :rotfl2:

WOW. That's all I have to say. I am reconsidering my tiny little cake.... if I win the lottery, that is.... But that's outstanding. And his reaction makes it totally worth it.

What did his shirt say? I was trying to read it.

WOW. That's all I have to say. I am reconsidering my tiny little cake.... if I win the lottery, that is.... But that's outstanding. And his reaction makes it totally worth it.

What did his shirt say? I was trying to read it.

His shirt says "Step aside Cinderella" there was an applique of the prince with Anastasia :rotfl2:

We all dressed up for our 1900 parkfare in favor of the steps. If you read my trip report you will see how much of a blast we had doing so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter