Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are not using the dining plan, can adults share a meal at CG?

Yes! We've shared meals at just about every signature restaurant and never had anything but excellent service. We've also just ordered appetizers and desserts - another great way to enjoy excellent food without feeling the need to be rolled out of there!

For those that have been, would you prefer watching from the balcony or a window seat in the restaurant?

baring not-great weather, we always go out and love it - just a great atmosphere!

Be interesting to see how the multiple observation decks work with the new set-up

baring not-great weather, we always go out and love it - just a great atmosphere!

Be interesting to see how the multiple observation decks work with the set-up

OK, I will admit I have not read all the pages on this thread...but quite obviously I missed something here...what are you referring to..."Multiple observation decks work with the new set-up"?

What are they changing there?

I really thought they were just redecorating & making a new menu!

Now I need to decide if I want to drop my BOG reservation and eat there for lunch so we can eat at California Grill for dinner that night instead like I originally planned.

This makes my planning tougher.

I am having this same contemplation...:rolleyes1

To eat at Cali Grill this trip we'd have to cancel our BOG ressies at 5:20 on the night of MNSSHP and see if I can get a 5:00 adr for Cali Grill. :eek:

Decisions Decisions.....

So Cl people...are you trusting IPO to get your date and time or are you going to get one yourself just incase?

So Cl people...are you trusting IPO to get your date and time or are you going to get one yourself just incase?

Probably both. I trust them and they mentioned they get a bit of a head start, but I also know they are extra busy with requests Monday and even brought on a couple extra people to handle the increased volume :)

I'll be trusting IPO to get a reservation at CG. I'm pretty happy with my dining choices already, but really want to eat at CG again. We'll be at WDW the week CG opens so I'm not counting on getting a ressie there, hoping but not counting on. I also figure the phones and online will be chaotic on Monday morning.

OK, I will admit I have not read all the pages on this thread...but quite obviously I missed something here...what are you referring to..."Multiple observation decks work with the new set-up"?

What are they changing there?

I really thought they were just redecorating & making a new menu!

It might just be that the back observation deck is getting a more formal acknowledgment but there now being two locations to view the fireworks was specifically cited in the latest disney parks blog:

"For outdoor fireworks viewing there are now two areas – one on the northwest side, another new deck on the southwest side. "

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...t-disneys-contemporary-resort-open-august-26/

It might just be that the back observation deck is getting a more formal acknowledgment but there now being two locations to view the fireworks was specifically cited in the latest disney parks blog:

"For outdoor fireworks viewing there are now two areas – one on the northwest side, another new deck on the southwest side. "

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...t-disneys-contemporary-resort-open-august-26/

The main observation deck is on the northwest side of the Contemporary, whose western face overlooks the Seven Seas Lagoon. So the secondary one (which has been accessible before barring a special event) would be on the northeast. Any deck on the southwest side would thus be on the corner closest to the TTC. I hadn't heard about them building this, but then I'm not up on things nearly as much as others. Hopefully it is true and not just a misunderstanding, as this will thin the crowds on the main deck and possibly even give a better angle for the fireworks, not to mention good views of Illuminations in the distance to the south.

The main observation deck is on the northwest side of the Contemporary, whose western face overlooks the Seven Seas Lagoon. So the secondary one (which has been accessible before barring a special event) would be on the northeast. Any deck on the southwest side would thus be on the corner closest to the TTC. I hadn't heard about them building this, but then I'm not up on things nearly as much as others. Hopefully it is true and not just a misunderstanding, as this will thin the crowds on the main deck and possibly even give a better angle for the fireworks, not to mention good views of Illuminations in the distance to the south.

interesting thoughts - the quote specifically says "fireworks" not "Wishes" so it could mean views beyond just MK

Last October we had our first visit at Cali Grill and we accidentally stumbled upon this "2nd deck".. lol. There was a special event going on so the doors were open but no one was out there. Then I saw the "front" deck and we went back in and got out onto that one to watch Wishes. I would say it's about the same size as the other but just a tad further back. I didn't notice anyone out on it once the fireworks began but the front deck was loaded full.

What time do the phone lines open (eastern time) on 8/26? Would the online booking open at 12am?

I have been trying to get a ressie at cali grill for years and have not been able to snag one close to the start of wishes.

This is also the first time I am going to Disney not on DDxP so if I am going to pay a lot OOP ..i want to see the fireworks!!!

the quote specifically says "fireworks" not "Wishes" so it could mean views beyond just MK

They may not say "Wishes" because the show at the MK isn't always "Wishes." Sometimes it is Holiday Wishes, or the 4th of July show which has a different name.

And they've always had decks on both ends. You couldn't really see MK from the other deck but you could see Epcot (from a distance). It was hardly ever used because Magic Kingdom was the big draw. There were also always two decks on the side closest to MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter