• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official "Castle" thread! Spoilers welcomed!

OK-am I the only one.

I didn't loike the season opener. The filming was dark, characters seemed to have 'changed' (i.e. Alexis was mean) the writing was pretty broad (it is usually sharper) and all in all it looked like someone else was running the show.

Hope it gets back to the 'regular' formula next week.

OK-am I the only one.

I didn't loike the season opener. The filming was dark, characters seemed to have 'changed' (i.e. Alexis was mean) the writing was pretty broad (it is usually sharper) and all in all it looked like someone else was running the show.

Have to agree with you. I also found the new captain to be very broad strokes -- a caricature -- and I thought the show was better than that. They might as well have captioned her scenes with: Warning to the audience -- you're supposed to hate her.

I also think that making Beckett's mother's death this huge conspiracy was a mistake -- the show is going down a rabbit hole and it's not one I find intriguing. Plus, I watch this show for harmless fun and as a way to wind-down after the first day of the work week, so I don't want to have to keep a spread sheet to track all the players and theories. Blech.

They do risk making the plot too complex. The whole appeal of the show is the character interaction, chemistry, and comedy. I hope they keep the whole consipracy plot to at least a reasonable level and don't let it interfere with what made the show what it is.

I think the Alexis thing may be a reaction to her father having just been around three large gunfights where many people died and he's just a writer, etc. Then Beckett blew him off and he was away from it and suddenly he's back in again and she's upset.

OK-am I the only one.

I agree..it was much darker than a typical Castle episode but I figure they were laying some groundwork and storylines out there. From the preview of next week it seemed more like the "regular" Castle type episodes.

I think that Alexis getting mad about her father still hanging out with Beckett is just a precurser for her leaving the show. It was rumored last year that she was not coming back and the show was going to send her to college in California. I think the whole thing around Kate's mother is sort of this underlying plot thread that will wind in and out of the show all season. It is really what keeps Castle and Beckett from hooking up. She said to him she can never commit to a relationship the way she should as long as that is hanging out there. Castle won't let it die because he wants to move the relationship forward. As a result that issue will stay around for the rest of the show.

As far as the new guy that has the information to protect Kate I thought all that was in the package was a picture of Kate. I don't remember seeing anything on her shooting. I need to go back and look at that.

The therapist at the very end of the show, I swore he was the one who called Castle to tell him to tell Becket to stay away from the case.

Wasn't Alexis a high school senior last year looking at colleges?

The therapist at the very end of the show, I swore he was the one who called Castle to tell him to tell Becket to stay away from the case.

Wasn't Alexis a high school senior last year looking at colleges?

The therapist scene seemed odd to me also. It provided Beckett the chance to say that she was lying, but it also seemed ominous in tone. Like there was something more to it than what was being discussed. (I didn't recognize his voice....other than beign Worf!)

DH and I didn't enjoy the episode as much as we usually do. We don't like the storyline about her mom's death. It is too complex and therefore not realistic (I know most of the show isn't). Once they added someone in congress and burning down a warehouse due to old records it got too much for us.

Alexis was a junior last year. She was considering graduating early and going to college with her boyfriend.

The point I found annoying with the new captain was that she wanted to be called sir. I know no woman who wants to be called sir.

We are looking forward to episodes that get back into their normal interactions with the characters.

I thought it was a great start to a new season, they did tie up loose ends and the whole thing with her mother's case is a big deal.

Next week I think will be back on track. I enjoy the funny jokes and crazy things that go on between them all. Do not like the new "Montgomery" but who knows, she is supposed to be a strong woman in power like Beckett so we'll see if she really plays a role here. She probably won't.

I liked that she did hear everything that Castle said to her, but she has MAJOR issues with it.

We finally got to watch this last night. As a family, we enjoyed the show. The sneaking around the new captain was very humorish. They looked like kids trying to pull a fast one, hiding behind the wall and Castle stuffing the file in his pants.

Alexis's hostility for us seemed quite fitting for what they has a group had gone thru the last 3 months. Having her have a carefree attitude would have down played how emotional a time it had been for them.

DH is not a squemish guy, but after having had a quad bypass this summer, as soon as they showed the rib splitters being cranked open, he started rubbing his scar saying I didn't need to see that, that hurts!!

I actually really dislike the "Sir" business.

1. I dislike the idea that the only authoritative norm must and can only be masculine. Pick the gender-neutral, "Captain" as your honorific instead.

2. If you want to beat your subordinates over the head with the fact that they shouldn't see you as a woman, why wear long flowing hair, tons of makeup and brightly colored skirt suits? Mixed messages.

Ready for episode #2? Looks like they are going back to what they do best: a full of banter episode.

I love this show. :lovestruc

I think I like Kate's new hairdo too!

Wow, I forgot about this thread. Feeling a bit different than I did last year! :rotfl: The scene between Rick and Kate at the end...great stuff.

Now as to next year, do you guys think her resignation is permanent? And what about the mysterious Mr. Smith--do you think he could be Rick's dad?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter