Official Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2019

A little FYI for everyone: A WM reads this thread & watches the show and posts along with us. She "liked" the first post a while back. (As she did previous seasons.) Everyone, please refrain from doing stuff to get points :( or making her have to work when she shows up, instead of just being able to read along for fun.

As someone already mentioned, there is voicing your displeasure about a particular person, or about the situation, vs. making a political comment or response back to someone. Don't get points!

Last edited:
You were doing fine, Tink, until your last comment MADE IT POLITICAL! 🤦🏼‍♂️
I don’t think her comment was political at all. It’s clear that Spicer reminds her of the real world and she watches DWTS as an escape. She’d rather not be reminded of the real world so she’ll ignore him until he is gone. That’s her prerogative. There are plenty of dancers who are on the show that someone takes a dislike to and they try to ignore them. People like Chad Ochocinco, Robert Kardashian, Snooki, Wendy Williams, Bristol Palin, Jerry Springer, Hope Solo, Nancy Grace. and last but not least, Tonya Harding. There was a tidal wave of dislike for her way before the season started. I would say 3/4 of the thread wanted her gone the first week. This is really no different.

There has been controversy in the past. Especially when those other political “celebrities” were kept around because of their political cachet. I’m looking at you, Bristol.

The difference, I think, is that Tom said something about it.

Tom should keep his mouth shut about casting decisions. He's a host, not a producer. Those decisions are above his pay grade. He should remain impartial toward all the contestants.

It would be wise to end the political comments as this thread is not immune from closure.

For those who have participated in DWTS threads in the past (and want to in the future), ignoring comments you deem political would be best.

For those drawn to this thread to try to engage others in political 'discussion', seeking another website would also be best - and there are plenty of websites to choose from for political comments and discussion.

This season it sounds like live voting will be implemented along with Disney theme night returning. Oct 14th will be disney night.

Also they should be meeting their partners in the next few days so i'll try to stay on top of it as rumors come out.

This season it sounds like live voting will be implemented along with Disney theme night returning.

I think that never works well. Only the eastern half of the country gets to vote. And the western half watch the replay & don't get to vote. :(

Stars like Lamar Odom, who was an L.A. Laker, & previously a L.A. Clipper and Dallas Maverick, probably has most of his fan base on the west coast. Yes, he has the whole Kardashian fan base vote, but if he didn't have them, he'd always do poorly in the voting.

I hope they institute a dance off or something similar to avoid another Bobby Bones debacle.

Tom should keep his mouth shut about casting decisions. He's a host, not a producer. Those decisions are above his pay grade. He should remain impartial toward all the contestants.

I so agree with this, why does it matter? Do your job, I don't want to know your political leanings.

Disney theme night returning. Oct 14th will be disney night.

Previous Disney Nite. From DWTS Season 18 (2014.)
James Maslow & Peta.

Who is James Maslow? How is it I don't remember him being on the show??? :confused: :lovestruc :faint:

Hmm, is Disney Nite always Week 5? This one was also Week 5.

Singer is Jordan Fisher.

Previous Disney Nite. From DWTS Season 18 (2014.)
James Maslow & Peta.

Who is James Maslow? How is it I don't remember him being on the show??? :confused: :lovestruc :faint:

He's the one that had the big teeny bopper following. He was from a Nickelodeon show. They danced well together.

Here's another good one. Rashad and Emma’s Foxtrot to "Evermore" by Josh Groban, from BEAUTY & THE BEAST.

Also from Beauty & the Beast. I wonder if it's possible to find a movie where DWTS has done most of the songs? :scratchin Though, I suppose no one wanted to be a dancing teapot. :p

Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy dancing to "Be Our Guest."

I so agree with this, why does it matter? Do your job, I don't want to know your political leanings.
Because he's still a human being and can express his opinions regardless if you want him to or not He's pretty much the face of the show at this point and he wanted viewers to know he wasn't on board with this, good for him. I'm guessing this goes beyond 'political leanings' for him. There have been plenty of republican politicians and media members on the show and I don't believe he made any statements about them.

I miss Derek. :(

This is Derek with Amy Purdy.

Any guesses as to what Disney movie they are dancing to and who their characters are? :teeth: :rolleyes1

Last edited:
CONFIRMED:

Cheryl Burke and Ray Lewis

Why do they always put Cheryl with the tallest guys? As great of a choreographer & dancer she is, sometimes the height disparity between her and her tall partners make for some really awkward looking dances. :headache: And because they have a such long gait, she looks like she's being whipped around onstage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter