Official Dancing With the Stars: Spring 2018 Athlete edition

Oh, I don't even know how Tonya made it into the top three. She seems like she definitely has natural talent to be able to learn after all these years (and still skate), but her over Murai? What?!

His freestyle was good but overall he wasn't the best dancer, so I voted on how well Adam danced the entire very short season. I think if it had been a regular season than Josh would have really improved. I was surprised we didn't get a 2nd & third place, wonder if they might annouce that on GMA?
I really liked Adam. I just think that he came into the show with a LOT of talent. Skating has a LOT of artistic components and he's used to using the them. Football ... not so much. For Josh to beat him in the freestyle ... that's pretty amazing. Jenna was given the Golden Ticket and she really dropped the ball in the freestyle. Judges do NOT give 9's in the freestyle. Sharna worked magic on Josh and made a non-artist a darn good dancer. I'm sad that she didn't get the win.

Yes, but skating movement and components and artistry are very different than a ballroom floor.
I disagree. Skaters know how to move their bodies artistically: how and where to put their feet, legs, arms, hands, heads, etc. They have musicality in their bones. They know how to showcase their personality. Pairs dancers know how to do all that with a partner. You cannot say that about football players.

Yay! Now I can watch the show when I get home. I wasn't going to watch if Tonya won. :badpc:

We're at an event, standing in line now to get a free swag bag. :goodvibes

Last edited:
There were no 2nd or 3rd...the remaining two were named runner ups by DWTS according to the press release

I disagree. Skaters know how to move their bodies artistically: how and where to put their feet, legs, arms, hands, heads, etc. They have musicality in their bones. They know how to showcase their personality. Pairs dancers know how to do all that with a partner. You cannot say that about football players.
I was an elite skater. I know what the heck I'm talking about.
Football players get dance at some point in their careers as well. So, I'm not falling for the "football player had the disadvantage here" platform. YMMV

I watched the last half of the show at the gym on mute. Maybe it's because of the lack of music, but Adam's freestyle didn't wow me. Of the three, I wanted Josh to win. But I'm just glad it wasn't Tonya.

I think being a skater does help, but it isn’t a given. Wasnt Nancy Kerrigan fairly terrible when she was on the show?
Yes she was. I thought it was ironic the Nancy’s gracefulness was one of her hallmarks but on the dance floor Tonya was more more graceful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter