****Official December 2011 Thread****

This is our first trip that we are going without a dining plan and I am lost. I keep thinking maybe we will do a DDP but then I look at the cost of it and know that its too much. I thought I would just do the DxDDP on our last 2 nights since those are blackout dates for the TIW card but just 2 nights will be $675. I just can't justify paying adult price for my 10yo ds who eats like a bird. He would also probably want to eat off the child's menu most places.

I told DH this year we will probably use the kitchen a lot more, being that we never have in teh past even once is a lot more LOL. We will also probably do a lot of late lunches.

As far as trying all the restaurants there are a few I am going to have a hard time with and honestly so will the kids so I am sure there will be a few we will skip.

There are also grocery stores nearby that will deliver to your resort. I have had friends that did this and they save a ton of money. They just went to the park and went back "home" for their lunch and dinner. If I was staying longer I would probably do this but I'm on vacation and I don't feel like "working" when I'm there. lol.:laughing:

There are also grocery stores nearby that will deliver to your resort. I have had friends that did this and they save a ton of money. They just went to the park and went back "home" for their lunch and dinner. If I was staying longer I would probably do this but I'm on vacation and I don't feel like "working" when I'm there. lol.:laughing:

I've already looked into grocery delivery but we drive down so who knows. I really hate the thought of cooking on vacation. Its bad enough I do laundry everyday down there LOL. Watch by the time Dec comes I will have a million ADRs and will never utter another word about cooking. Oh you know what though I totally forgot that the THV have a grill hmmmm maybe I will just make DH grill. Now that sounds good!

Yay! I just booked the first half of our Dec 10-23 trip. I am going to be there for my BIRTHDAY!!! I am so darn excited! I never thought we'd be able to do it for my birthday since it's so close to Christmas, but DH decided that we should go then-just because! Some days I really like him...hmm...:worship:
I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who is already obsessing over ADRs. Now, only 11 months to go! :rotfl: This is going to kill me, you know. I haven't been there since September and I'm beginning to feel very unmagical! Grr...
Oh, well, it's only until December...then, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me! Tehehehehe!

YAY, put us on this bandwagon too! Just booked for 12-16 thru 12-23!! so excited as we have never been for Christmas time, though we have been around the other times of the year. And i get to spendmy Birthday there!! YAY!!!

Dec 21-Dec 27!!! :woohoo:Choce btwn Pop, POFq or Coronado Springs. Just got our code, waiting for hubby toget home so we can do some comparisons.

We will be doing the DDP because DH LOVES to try new food, my DD is getting a bit more adventurous and my DS, well as long as its not chicken or a green veggie he is good, :rotfl2:

Thiswill be our second year there. I took them two years ago, as I was the only one who had been, and cried when my DD saw the castle for the first time. Truly a magical experience.:lovestruc

Us to. December 2-10. We are renting DVC, staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge 2bedroom villa and a studio. 8-11 adults (dont know the exact number yet). First December visit for all of us!!!!!!!

I booked our trip today. It will be a Christmas surprise for our son! We leave December 26th- January 2nd. Our second time over the holidays and I'm thrilled. It's such a great time of year there!

We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort for the first time. Gotta love the 2 queen beds! Can't wait! Time to start planning ADR's. I'm afraid based on our dates, they might be a bit hard to get.

We'll be there in December!! Our 4th or 5th time as a family, but we are bringing our 6 yr. old niece for her first WDW trip! I have boys, so this will be a whole new experience! I guess I need to start looking for the Disney things little girls would enjoy!

tentativley booking a trip. were leaving in 26 days for blt but had to shorten the trip since hubby capt wouldn't approve his leave 29 days out....so to make up for it, hubby wants to go for christmas! i totally think he is insane. were dvc members so now we have extra pts to use, we've invited friends to go with and are considering a 2 bedroom value at akl. but it will depend on them of course. either way im excited to be planning another trip!

Just booked yesterday for DH and I and my son and his family. We are on the Dream for a 4 days cruise, November 27th, and then on to the park for 4 days. Call WDW and asked if I had a pin number, and I DID. So we booked right away. Got the hotel I wanted too, Corando Springs. Now all we have to do is decide where we want to eat. I know I want to eat at LeCellier for sure. Will call at 7:00 am on May 4th for reservations.

I just booked yesterday for DH, DS and myself. First WDW trip for all 3 of us. We'll be there Dec 11-18. I'm checking out all the restaurants, it's going to be tough to decide, we only have dinning plan for 5 nights (split stay - 5 nights at POP and 2 night at AKL), and don't want to spend too much on food when we have to pay out of pocket.

Dec 17-23 is what we have decidied on.:santa: We were at WDW this past Dec (now 5 weeks ago) although we froze our buns off during the night we had the most wonderful time. I left the decision up to my DH and DD(6) when we would go back and I was hoping they would say same time of year and they did :cool1:
We probaly will be staying at BLT but will finalize that this week so I can call and make reservation this weekend. :cheer2: WDW really is the most magical place during the Xmas season, there is nothing like it, even if it is 20 degrees. I am absolutely in love with WDW during this time. We have been many times in the summer and felt it was way too hot and decided after this past trip that it will be very hard for us to now go any other time. Where us can you go that the whole family has a smile on their face the whole time?

Well we are now official booked from 12/17-12/24 in a THV!!! We will be adding 2 more nights in the next 2 days. I am just so darn happy that we got a THV. Now I can tell DH that the add on to SSR was not for nothing!!

Booked our trip 2 days ago! Wife, 2-yr-old daughter and I will be at the Contemporary (MK View!) from 12/21-12/28! I cannot wait!!!

We will be there, too! Arriving the evening of Dec. 16th and staying through the 23rd! First Christmas trip and I'm relieved to see others already planning as well! Any advice from the veterans would be great!!

:banana::banana:WOOHOOO:banana: officially booked our trip. We will be at SSR in a THV from 12/17-12/26!!! I am sure excited. Now to start planning all the fun stuff we will be doing.

I am having a hard time thinking of what to get the kids for Christmas. Since we started going to WDW for Christmas its become a tradition that the kids get a Disney experiance for Christmas. The first year they did BBB on Christmas, then they did one of the Pirate adventure cruises and last year we did Pirate and Pals fireworks cruise on Christmas. I have no idea what to do this year. They would LOVE one of the tours but most of the ones they would like they are too young for. What to do what to do???

DH and I will be at BWV Dec 5-9. We are hopefully adding an extra night on. It's my birthday trip -- something I've ALWAYS wanted to do!!! Can't wait. ;)

So glad to see more of you are joining us in December! Let's all hope that this December is warmer than last December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter