• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****Official December 2011 Thread****

We're booked from Dec 11-18 at Grand Floridian. Our first time for Christmas, and GF! :santa:
I can't wait to make ADRs. We've narrowed down our 1st choices are Yachtmans Steakhouse, Fantasmic DP Mama Melrose, Chef Mickey's, Yak & Yeti, Coral Reef, Ohana's, 50s Prime Time, 1900 Park Fare. The only one of these we've actually had is Chef Mickey's the rest we've picked based on Disboard dining reviews. popcorn::
Also can't wait to ride the updated Star Tours! :3dglasses

We're SO excited, we just booked at the weekend to spend CHRISTMAS at WDW :banana::santa::banana:

We got married at the yacht club on 10/10/10. We stayed at WL - so now, we don't want to stay anywhere else! :)

I already have a planned itinerary for ADRs! (I am sad like that)- so that we can ring on the 180+10 and HOPEFULLY get the ones we REALLY want.

We're also hoping to do the Christmas Paty as well!

Our wedding trip was going to be a once in a life time - but we loved it SO much we're going back already! (plus our little boy has ASD and hates Christmas becasue everything is different and out side his routine - but he LOVES WDW and talks about it every day, so we're hoping that it will help him)

:cool1::cool1::cool1:How exciting to see all the December Diser's:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: This is going to be an AWESOME December!!!!

Also very excited *** we have never been away for actual Christmas before- gonna be at WDW 12/23 - 1/2!!!

Also very excited *** we have never been away for actual Christmas before- gonna be at WDW 12/23 - 1/2!!!

Congrats to you:banana::banana::banana: This will be our first Christmas- where we actually spend Christmas away from home and at WDW too!!!!:cool1: How exciting:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

WOOHOO you will love it! This is our 4th Christmas in WDW and we can't think of anyplace else we would rather be now. The kids are even cool with not getting gifts. Well they get a Disney special experiance, BBB, pirate cruise, or somehting like that, and a stocking filled with little things so they do get something. We are already talking about Christmas 2012!

Is there anyone who goes regularly in early or mid December? I'm wondering if the crowds levels are really that low like all the guide books suggest because our last trip in mid August was miserable due to long lines and heat. Our baby will be 22 months old so we wanted to avoid long lines and heat this time around. We even agreed it was worth it to take our son out of school for a week. Also, is it typically warm enough for swimming during this time? I know these are all questions with variables, and I don't expect anyone to have the "exact answers". Thankful for any help or suggestions.

Thanks for the FB heads up - will head on over...

We have also booked Cirque Du Soliel Tickets and are hoping to get Very Merry Christmas Party Tickets to make it extra, extra special, but we're just looking forward to be back there!

I have heard that the weather is usually aound the 70s if that helps?

wow, wait, the last Christmas PArty night was 19th Dec last year?! I kind of hoped we could go actually on Christmas? I guess that's a no then?!

WOOHOO you will love it! This is our 4th Christmas in WDW and we can't think of anyplace else we would rather be now. The kids are even cool with not getting gifts. Well they get a Disney special experiance, BBB, pirate cruise, or somehting like that, and a stocking filled with little things so they do get something. We are already talking about Christmas 2012!

Hi, Vicki

We think we'll be moving our February 2012 trip up to December (10th through 16th) 2011 - and taking all the kids and grandkids. I've never been to WDW in the Chirstmas season, but have always wanted to go.
Hoping everything falls into place!

Exactly 8 months away today!

I'm SO excited to see the parks decorated for Christmas!!

Is there anyone who goes regularly in early or mid December? I'm wondering if the crowds levels are really that low like all the guide books suggest because our last trip in mid August was miserable due to long lines and heat. Our baby will be 22 months old so we wanted to avoid long lines and heat this time around. We even agreed it was worth it to take our son out of school for a week. Also, is it typically warm enough for swimming during this time? I know these are all questions with variables, and I don't expect anyone to have the "exact answers". Thankful for any help or suggestions.

Typically December is tolerable as far as temps, although this past trip it was freezing (at least to me but I'm a wuss when it comes to anything below 50 so take that with a grain of salt) but temps did hit the freezing mark a couple of nights (farmers were misting their crops to create a barrier between the cold and the crops). The pools are heated so you could swim, but if it's cold the walk when you get out could be a bit uncomfortable.

wow, wait, the last Christmas PArty night was 19th Dec last year?! I kind of hoped we could go actually on Christmas? I guess that's a no then?!

Starting the week of Christmas the party fireworks and parade are part of regular park entertainment (during regular park hours) so no party tickets are needed thus no party. I guess Disney considers it a present to those who travel at Christmas time. :santa: Personally I'll pay to attend MVMCP and go earlier in the month when crowds (and hotel prices) are somewhat lower.

Starting the week of Christmas the party fireworks and parade are part of regular park entertainment (during regular park hours) so no party tickets are needed thus no party. I guess Disney considers it a present to those who travel at Christmas time. Personally I'll pay to attend MVMCP and go earlier in the month when crowds (and hotel prices) are somewhat lower.

Oh well, we can see the parade and fireworks anyway then.
We especially wanted to be away for Christmas itself. We're just excited to be heading back to WDW so soon! DS is already packing and unpacking his case!

Thanks for the FB page info- I like it!
Dec.17th can't get here fast enough. I haven't stayed at the GF for over 15 years so I am so excited to go back and bring my kids with me.
Krisina :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter