Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to get a Fancy Fondant cake (probably 3D Mickey) for my Son's Birthday in February. We are eating at the Garden Grill for dinner, and staying at the Beach Club. What are your opinions, will I have better luck with the Epcot pastry team for Garden Grill or with the Beach Club private dining?

Epcot has the ability to do great-looking cakes now, and someone recently posted they were having communication trouble with Yacht & Beach Club private dining, so I'd go with Garden Grill. Actually, no, I'm lazy—I'd go with Yacht & Beach Club so the cake could be delivered straight to my room!

Can a fancy cake like this be delivered to the hoop dee doo review?

Attachments

• $5.jpg
    $5.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 64
Can a Mini cake have a stand up Stitch on it? Or would it have. To be a 6. inch?

You mean the white chocolate 3D Stitch? No, he's too big. He could sit on the plate next to it. He would fit on a 6-inch. They might be able to do a 2D Stitch screen print on a standing piece of white chocolate for a mini cake.

Can a fancy cake like this be delivered to the hoop dee doo review?

Yes. You would need to order it through Private Dining at the Contemporary. See Post #2.

Hi. I'm new on this thread and am hoping someone can tell me what types of light up cake toppers/decorations you can get and are they suitable for a 2 tier mini cake? Coming in 31 days and looking to get a cake for my daughter's birthday, themed around Rapunzel (I think) and having it delivered to 1900 PF for dinner. Looking for something to make it really special and think this would cover it. Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping to hear back from Dorothy today on the Hatter cake. If all else fails, I think I'm just going to ask for the style of the Cheshire Cat cake with a Mad Hatter theme.

I've been trying to contact All Star Movies about a cake, but, just get an answering machine with no way to know it's the cake department. Has the number changed?

Edited to add: Hotel forwards me to the same number, so must still be the correct number. Maybe no one there on Mondays? o_O

Last edited:
I'm starting to get ideas to order a cake for my son's 7th birthday. On his actual birthday (our last day) we are having breakfast at Tusker House and wanted to have his cake then. I haven't really seen anything on cakes ordered for Animal Kingdom. We will have 4 adults and 1 child so I was thinking a 6" or 8" with some sort of mickey design. Has anyone had any luck with cakes at Animal Kingdom?

I've been trying to contact All Star Movies about a cake, but, just get an answering machine with no way to know it's the cake department. Has the number changed?

Edited to add: Hotel forwards me to the same number, so must still be the correct number. Maybe no one there on Mondays? o_O

There's no cake department at any of the Value Resorts. The Cake Hotline and the direct numbers provided in Post #2 send you to someone in the food and beverage department who takes your order and sends it to the pastry team at whatever Deluxe resort services that Value Resort for cakes.

Hi. I'm new on this thread and am hoping someone can tell me what types of light up cake toppers/decorations you can get and are they suitable for a 2 tier mini cake? Coming in 31 days and looking to get a cake for my daughter's birthday, themed around Rapunzel (I think) and having it delivered to 1900 PF for dinner. Looking for something to make it really special and think this would cover it. Thanks in advance.

There aren't really any standard light-up decorations. They do often put a light under the tiny white chocolate castle that you can get on mini cakes, but really you'd just have to ask for a custom design and specify that you want them to include lights.

I see all the mini cakes they do..What is the Next size up 2 tier cake they will do? thanks

Generally it must be a full-size two-tier cake like they make for weddings (feeds 35-45 people) that costs around $250. I once had the Contemporary make me a "maxi mini cake" that was a 3-inch on a 5- or 6-inch cake, but it doesn't seem to be a standard offering. If anyplace can make it for you, though, it's the Contemporary!

There aren't really any standard light-up decorations. They do often put a light under the tiny white chocolate castle that you can get on mini cakes, but really you'd just have to ask for a custom design and specify that you want them to include lights.

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know how much the white chocolate castle would be? Also, have you ever seen Stitch and Angel on a mini cake? I assumed daughter would want Princesses of some sort but she is telling me now how much she loves Stitch and Angel. I can only find them on larger cakes. Thanks again for your help.

There's no cake department at any of the Value Resorts. The Cake Hotline and the direct numbers provided in Post #2 send you to someone in the food and beverage department who takes your order and sends it to the pastry team at whatever Deluxe resort services that Value Resort for cakes.

I believe Boardwalk services them, since I was given the same number from two different sources I'll assume that was the right one and just no one is working today.
I'm really hoping to do three 2 tier mini cakes, one for each night. First one I'm thinking in "tinkerbell green" with pink flowers and vines with note that says "Welcome back! Love, Tink". I'm hoping to do a purple cake with black accents and 2d Zero dog on white chocolate and third one 'frozen blue' with white chocolate snowflakes.

Obviously, they will have to be simple as they are the mini cakes. But, the last cake we ordered was a 6" cake and was way too much cake for us.

Can't wait for someone to get back to me! I'd say cake planning is my new favorite Disney thing.. lol This time I'm going to be careful to be specific about frosting colors. Last cake I ordered was supposed to be beach themed with coral, but, somehow instead of having the white frosting pictured it ended up with chocolate frosting and looked weird.. lol I did want chocolate cake, but, it looked like an odd color choice for the frosting. Hoping for better luck this time around!

how well do the cakes travel if your not heading straight back to the hotel? we'll be spending the evening in a park so not sure what to do with the left overs would it be ok in locker for a few hrs. Hoping to get a 6 inch as that will be loads but keeping being told I'll need an 8 inch thanks

I've been lookng for pics of mini cakes for ideas...I was going to do the basic white with castle, but that's pretty generic, this is a surprise for my husband and our 10th anniversary, Cali grill.

Any ideas? Do they charge more for colors or different designs?

Do you happen to know how much the white chocolate castle would be? Also, have you ever seen Stitch and Angel on a mini cake? I assumed daughter would want Princesses of some sort but she is telling me now how much she loves Stitch and Angel. I can only find them on larger cakes. Thanks again for your help.

The white chocolate castle is pretty cheap - I wanna say $10, but you'll have to talk to private dining for the exact price. I have not seen a Stitch and Angel pic—that's something else you'd need to ask about, since they will only use certain approved images for screen prints.

how well do the cakes travel if your not heading straight back to the hotel? we'll be spending the evening in a park so not sure what to do with the left overs would it be ok in locker for a few hrs. Hoping to get a 6 inch as that will be loads but keeping being told I'll need an 8 inch thanks

It really depends on the weather. If it's a buttercream cake with no fondant over the buttercream, it will probably get a bit droopy unless it's cold outside. If there's fondant over the buttercream, it may sweat a bit if it's really hot out but should hold up a little better.

I've been lookng for pics of mini cakes for ideas...I was going to do the basic white with castle, but that's pretty generic, this is a surprise for my husband and our 10th anniversary, Cali grill.

Any ideas? Do they charge more for colors or different designs?

If you have a photo of your original wedding cake, you could send that to the Contemporary pastry team to do a design inspired by that. Pricing depends on whether you have fondant and how intricate the decor is (molded shapes, accessories like lights and white chocolate pieces), not colors.

We had a croquembouche! No cake at the wedding :) I will ask if they can do a small one but I think it will be too expensive

I'm hoping to hear back from Dorothy today on the Hatter cake. If all else fails, I think I'm just going to ask for the style of the Cheshire Cat cake with a Mad Hatter theme.
Could you send me the email address for her? You are ordering through BW Bakery right? I work nights and sleep in the day so it's impossible for me to call them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter