Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH wants to do a vow renewal while at WDW. We would probably just write our own vows and say to each other quietly in a nice location, then have a nice dinner. I'd like to order a small traditional looking wedding cake(just two of us plus my son on this trip). Any pictures?? We had our honeymoon at Disney, and a traditional cake at our reception

In the FAQ it gives a number for a cake ordering hotline but then there are numbers for the individual resorts. Which one do I call? :confused3

And what are the opening/closing times to call?

Thanks!!

My DH wants to do a vow renewal while at WDW. We would probably just write our own vows and say to each other quietly in a nice location, then have a nice dinner. I'd like to order a small traditional looking wedding cake(just two of us plus my son on this trip). Any pictures?? We had our honeymoon at Disney, and a traditional cake at our reception

This mini cake is pretty traditional... you could send in that pic! Or you can just tell them you want something traditionally wedding-y and I'm sure they'll come up with a really nice one.

MiniWeddingCake.jpg

In the FAQ it gives a number for a cake ordering hotline but then there are numbers for the individual resorts. Which one do I call? :confused3

And what are the opening/closing times to call?

Thanks!!

You can use the direct phone numbers to skip all the button-pushing required by the Cake Hotline and get directly to the person you need to talk to. Most of the numbers go to Private Dining at the various resorts; hours vary by resort. Anytime between 6am and midnight ET should be OK, though.

I am in need of some opinions. My mom and I are headed to the world in August and I want to surprise her with a cake. She love Minnie Mouse and the theme of our vacation is "Minnie Vacation 2015." I even have T shirts made and ready to go. I have 2 cakes I can't choose from for my inspirational photos to send when the time comes. One is more simple, but I think elegantly stated, and the other is all the bells and whistles. Dis friends, help me choose a cake. Photo A is the simple elegance, and Photo B is the more elaborate. Budget isn't a complete concerned, but I'd like to stay somewhere around $100-175.

Photo A
View attachment 83798
Photo B
View attachment 83799
I vote B, but without the bottom tier and yellow ribbon. I love the red with the white dots, it's SO Minnie :)

I am wanting to get a cake in September for my husbands birthday, and I think we are going to have it delivered while at dinner at Sanaa. My question is, when you look at page 1, it gives you the options of cakes offered at the resort, and I am wanting a 6" cake. It says you can get a.....
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream , but I have seen a lot of 6" custom cakes on these threads, with all different kinds of fillings. I am wanting to do a chocolate cake with peanut butter creme cheese filling, and the cake have a Halloween theme. ( I have already designed what I wanted). So my question is, how willing are they to deviate from the just plain chocolate and vanilla 6" cakes. An 8" cake would just be too much for us and I don't want to waste it!!! Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
You have to ask them and see what they're willing to do. I got AKL to make me a red velvet 6-inch cake.

I sent an email off regarding a birthday cake for my dd's 15th birthday, hope to hear back from Brian or Donald, though not a big rush (not till 5/22). I think it will be a fairly simple one, requested 8" chocolate cake with bavarian cream & strawberries (or just the bavarian if the strawberries aren't available), whipped cream frosting tinted icy blue (Elsa blue), with the small white chocolate castle on top. I told him we don't want to be super themed to Frozen, just a hint of the "frozen" color, or possibly "frosted" with the castle. She won't eat fondant, so I went with the whipped cream. We did something similiar 4 years ago for her birthday, at that point through Pat, tinted lime green, and with the castle, and it was wonderful!

So we decided not to order a custom cake this trip, but our youngest is really into cake right now and I loved the fondant on his birthday cake. I'd love to find a dessert to share - cake for him, fondant for me! I saw the Cheshire Cafe cake cups have a single piece of fondant on top. Any other ideas from parks or resorts?

I finally got round to calling the grand Floridian and got Pats email to send my inspiration pics and details of what I'd like and I could not be more disappointed.

I was quoted $70 for a two tier mini cake and told it can only be vanilla or chocolate whereas I really wanted red velvet!

I also gave details of a design I wanted on the plate but she didn't even mention it.

I am so upset I've been planning it in my head for months and don't know what to do now?

Any advice welcome

Andrea

I finally got round to calling the grand Floridian and got Pats email to send my inspiration pics and details of what I'd like and I could not be more disappointed.

I was quoted $70 for a two tier mini cake and told it can only be vanilla or chocolate whereas I really wanted red velvet!

I also gave details of a design I wanted on the plate but she didn't even mention it.

I am so upset I've been planning it in my head for months and don't know what to do now?

Any advice welcome

Andrea

You could try another bakery depending on if it matters where you have it. I've read a lot of mixed reviews about dealing with GF and what they will do or not.

Any advice welcome

Andrea
Almost the exact same thing happened to me with Pat. Sent an elaborate idea of what I want and got a generic "here's our cakes" email. I pushed back a bit and asked to get it more customized. I think everything is ok now, but we shall see once I see the cake! Small World themed cake for my first-time-expecting wife!

I know this info is here somewhere, but could someone remind me which bakery I should work with for a custom cake to be delivered to CBR?

Stumbled upon this thread because we're going to WDW in November ON my son's 7th birthday. This past December we had a huge party for my 4 year old son and this was the cake we had done. We actually live about 12 miles from Disneyland so if anyone is in THIS area I can refer you to the lady who did this particular cake. I thought I'd post in case anyone needed any Pixar inspiration :)

10858538_363815297123623_7608106393498120643_n.jpg

Any advice welcome

Andrea

Are you eating anywhere else that you could get the cake instead? The Contemporary and BoardWalk pastry teams have both made me red velvet mini cakes, and they service a large number of resorts/parks. You could even have them make you a cake to pick up.

I just do not understand why the GF is so stingy with the flavors it offers when the same team makes MYRIAD flavor combos for wedding cakes. Very frustrating...

I know this info is here somewhere, but could someone remind me which bakery I should work with for a custom cake to be delivered to CBR?

All the info is on the very first page of this thread. :thumbsup2

You could try another bakery depending on if it matters where you have it. I've read a lot of mixed reviews about dealing with GF and what they will do or not.

Are you eating anywhere else that you could get the cake instead? The Contemporary and BoardWalk pastry teams have both made me red velvet mini cakes, and they service a large number of resorts/parks. You could even have them make you a cake to pick up.

I just do not understand why the GF is so stingy with the flavors it offers when the same team makes MYRIAD flavor combos for wedding cakes. Very frustrating...

Thank you both for your replies, unfortunately I've planned our ADR for the grand floridian cafe for our anniversary dinner as I thought it seemed like a good fit for our family. I don't really want to have to change our ADR but this cake is important to me.

I have emailed Pat back so will see what she says but I might have to research other restaurants in the meantime.

I am so sad to read about all these issues with Pat as I've had my heart set on a Mad Hatter unbirthday cake to be delivered at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast since I first stumbled upon this thread!! Luckily, my trip is not until December, so I guess I can start working on my backup plan now.... :(

We have talked with Pat on two separate trips for private dinners and special things associated with them and never had a problem. We did do a lot of communication through email though. If you do get in touch with her ask her for her email address.

I know they can do writing/design on the plate because they did it for us at two separate private dinners.

7.jpg hbt.jpg hee.jpg

Last edited:
So happy to find this thread( albeit overwhelmed!).
My daughter is turning 10 on our arrival day, and we are staying at the BC. I want to get her a mini cake- or even better a bit bigger mini cake. My options are:
1) have a mini cake delivered to the room
2) pick up cake at bwb and bring to T. rex with us
3) switch to eating at 1900 park fare that night and have cake there

I am hoping to get white cake with strawberry filling and vanilla buttercream. What is my best bet? I love the mini cakes with a princess Mickey hat on them, but also love a bit more intricate design. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter