Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a mini two tier cake for my parents for next week (ack I can say next week finally!!) for their Le Cellier reservation, but it is being charged to my CC. What happens to the tip in that case, because its already paid for when it arrives for their reservation, anyone know?

I don't mind sending more cash with them, but it is a surprise so it would kinda ruin it.

Well if you've paid for it already, then it won't be on the bill so you don't have to pay a tip on it. And since the bill will arrive after the cake, either way, the surprise won't be ruined.

Just returned from WDW and got my 2 cakes. The Tinkerbell one was for my daughter, and the small mini cake was for my parents from my daughter. Both were made at the GF. The Tink was delivered to 1900 Park Fare and the mini was delivered to the Poly Luau. Both turned out great. The tinkerbell exceeded my expectations even though I had seen it before. In person it was stunning!

Thanks for posting these! :goodvibes

Has anyone ever had a Chocolate Treasure chest. I have a whole day planned for My families birthday celebration. I would like a treasure chest at Lunch to start the day.

We will be eating at Coral Reef.

I am planning on meeting everyone at Coral reef then make teams and surprise them with the scavenger hunt and pixie dust.
Then we are meeting up in a few hours to see who did the best. Then I will give them the invite for Dinner.

The dinner is a private dinner at the Rose and Crown pub. It is outside by the water so we can also watch illuminations and have the cake.

Any Ideas on How to do this. There is a lady that makes them on Etsy but I dont want to have to bring it in.

I think I have finally figured out how to post my cake pics! :woohoo: Its been a while but here is the cake I ordered at Halloween. We got it from the Contemporary, for around $75 and picked it up at The Wave. Its a chocolate mini tier cake with white chocolate mouse filling, covered in fondant and decorated with the "Haunted Mansion Treatment".......

love the cakes!! and the bolded is fantastic to know since Chef Brian is my baker of choice :thumbsup2

We are staying at Ft. Wilderness campgrounds for the first time in 11 days. My son will be turning 21 while we are there. If I order a cake using the number for Ft. Wilderness, will I be able to pick it up and take it back to the camper?

Has anyone ever had a Chocolate Treasure chest. I have a whole day planned for My families birthday celebration. I would like a treasure chest at Lunch to start the day.

We will be eating at Coral Reef.

Disney no longer offers the plastic pirate chests with cakes in them, but some of the Deluxe bakeries can make white chocolate or sugar chests. However, Epcot's bakery may not offer this—you'd need to call the number in Post #2 and see what they can do for you.

We are staying at Ft. Wilderness campgrounds for the first time in 11 days. My son will be turning 21 while we are there. If I order a cake using the number for Ft. Wilderness, will I be able to pick it up and take it back to the camper?

Yes, they should be able to send it to Trail's End for you to pick up.

Anyone know if I can order a cake to have delivered to TRex? My dd turns 11 while we are there!

Someone checked a few months ago and was told that T-Rex still doesn't offer celebration cakes, but it doesn't hurt to check again. Alternatively, you could use a local bakery like It's Tasty Too or Bake Me a Cake and have them meet you outside the restaurant.

Here's another mini cake from BoardWalk Bakery posted by a Disney bride. The cost was $25 and this is what the pastry chef came up with when she asked for a Snow White dress theme (she brought her own bow and apples to add to the cake):

10371706_10152431760921119_6380124014176718385_n.jpg

10313522_10152431761026119_7391290621398277517_n.jpg

Lurkyloo how long should I wait before following up leaving a message to order a cake? I am waiting on a call back from Epcot and an email for MK cake people. Thanks!

If I don't hear back within a week I usually bug 'em! But it also depends on how far out you are. If it's, like, 6 months til you need the cake, they may have prioritized you behind orders that need to be fulfilled sooner.

If I don't hear back within a week I usually bug 'em! But it also depends on how far out you are. If it's, like, 6 months til you need the cake, they may have prioritized you behind orders that need to be fulfilled sooner.

I have about 3 weeks we will be there June 13-20th. I'll give them a few more days lol I'm just super excited! Lol

Here's another mini cake from BoardWalk Bakery posted by a Disney bride. The cost was $25 and this is what the pastry chef came up with when she asked for a Snow White dress theme (she brought her own bow and apples to add to the cake):

That's one adorable cake for $25, adorable

Someone checked a few months ago and was told that T-Rex still doesn't offer celebration cakes, but it doesn't hurt to check again. Alternatively, you could use a local bakery like It's Tasty Too or Bake Me a Cake and have them meet you outside the restaurant.

Thanks! Will check! I did call TRex and it's still the case... They can put a candle in their desserts.... Lol

OK I went with a Chocolate Tink to start the scavenger hunt portion of the day.
The "treasure" being the Epcot Illuminations private Dinner party.
I am so excited about all of this!

Is there a reason why the figurines are only available in white... can you get them in milk chocolate? We don't particularly like the white chocolate. I know there are the small dark chocolate mickey/minnie but I would love for example a large milk chocolate figurine ...like a Disney easter bunny LOL.

We got our cake.. sorry I am late posting.

Ended up with an 8" cake, vanilla cake, white chocolate mousse filling, cream cheese buttercream icing, wrapped in white fondant, with periwinkle dusted mickey heads (they specifically made the color for us after telling us no a hundred times! woo hoo) It had periwinkle flowers and whole strawberries on top as well as the bridal painted white chocolate Mickey and Minnie,

Cost $110

Was delivered to BOG May 20th.

If someone can pm me easy instructions on how to upload a pic to this, I will!

ok so the mini cake has to be ordered through boardwalk. Will the cake be delivered to our room or will I have to pick it up at the pop food court?? I do not want the cake at dinner. Thanks for any answers,

We got our cake.. sorry I am late posting.

Ended up with an 8" cake, vanilla cake, white chocolate mousse filling, cream cheese buttercream icing, wrapped in white fondant, with periwinkle dusted mickey heads (they specifically made the color for us after telling us no a hundred times! woo hoo) It had periwinkle flowers and whole strawberries on top as well as the bridal painted white chocolate Mickey and Minnie,

Cost $110
Was delivered to BOG May 20th.

If someone can pm me easy instructions on how to upload a pic to this, I will!

1. Upload the photo to a photo-hosting site like Photobucket or the DIS member photo gallery: http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/
  2. Copy the IMG text generated for the image
  3. Paste it into your post. If the code doesn't have them already, put it between these tags

ok so the mini cake has to be ordered through boardwalk. Will the cake be delivered to our room or will I have to pick it up at the pop food court?? I do not want the cake at dinner. Thanks for any answers,

Actually, for delivery to Pop you have to order through Pop even though it's made by the BoardWalk. If you call BWB directly they will tell you they don't deliver to Pop. You should be able to have it delivered straight to your room, since you're making the arrangement with Pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter