Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going 2 weeks after my brother's birthday so I want to order him a cake.. just a little mini two tier cake..... Would you order cake for breakfast at CP?

Here is my DD15 Birthday cake. I called the cake order phone number and selected Epcot dinning. We had supper at Garden Grill. I only asked for it to be a mini 2 tear cake with a Frozen theme. It was $35 and was white cake and chocolate filling. Very yummy and the perfect size for 4 after a full dinner.

Ahh I didn't realise you could order the mini cakes to Garden Grill, this is very helpful future information, thank you :)

Not a Disney made cake but wanted to share because it is so amazing. It was made by a bakery in Singapore and served 150 people.

So I've been a bit obsessed with this thread and the idea of ordering a cake for a while now.

But it just seemed too daunting and the portions are too big and I try to avoid food dyes and DS was allergic to peanuts and so I just lusted from afar.

But this trip was our 10th anniversary, DS is no longer allergic to peanuts and it just seemed right.

So ordered two slippers for our first morning breakfast at CRT. The anniversary one--dark chocolate slipper with milk chocolate mousse and a white chocolate crown with white chocolate mousse for DS (who hates regular chocolate.)

But wait you say, they don't do white chocolate mousse.

See, I asked. They said they could, in writing. Confirmed the order in writing.

And of course, they don't have a white chocolate mousse. So they set it down in front of us with a regular chocolate mousse inside. Cue the tears. from DS. And my head exploding. And a remarkable lack of problem solving from the staff.

Ultimately they took it away, filled a new crown with fruit and DS wanted to know why I waved him off the pastry all breakfast for fruit.

And we missed rope drop.

All in all, not what we had hoped for as a magical surprise to start the trip.

But let this be a cautionary tale--just because your order is confirmed in writing (and I pulled up the email to show the staff) doesn't mean you will be getting what you ordered.

The Haunted Mansion cake was $95, which I thought was a good deal. The cake was delicious and my nephew was very surprised and impressed with all of the detail!

The Haunted Mansion cake was $95, which I thought was a good deal. The cake was delicious and my nephew was very surprised and impressed with all of the detail!

That is a good deal! I mean, it is alot of money for a cake but considering it's from Disney and the details are incredible, it's really a bargain! And fondant is always a much higher price as well.

So I've been a bit obsessed with this thread and the idea of ordering a cake for a while now.

But it just seemed too daunting and the portions are too big and I try to avoid food dyes and DS was allergic to peanuts and so I just lusted from afar.

But this trip was our 10th anniversary, DS is no longer allergic to peanuts and it just seemed right.

So ordered two slippers for our first morning breakfast at CRT. The anniversary one--dark chocolate slipper with milk chocolate mousse and a white chocolate crown with white chocolate mousse for DS (who hates regular chocolate.)

But wait you say, they don't do white chocolate mousse.

See, I asked. They said they could, in writing. Confirmed the order in writing.

And of course, they don't have a white chocolate mousse. So they set it down in front of us with a regular chocolate mousse inside. Cue the tears. from DS. And my head exploding. And a remarkable lack of problem solving from the staff.

Ultimately they took it away, filled a new crown with fruit and DS wanted to know why I waved him off the pastry all breakfast for fruit.

And we missed rope drop.

All in all, not what we had hoped for as a magical surprise to start the trip.

But let this be a cautionary tale--just because your order is confirmed in writing (and I pulled up the email to show the staff) doesn't mean you will be getting what you ordered.

Not to make this even worse.... We had an 'intimate dining experience' at the GF and they brought me white chocolate mousse filled swans so they definitely CAN do white chocolate. I appreciate it wasn't CRT but you would think they could sort it out for you.

I want to get my parents a zebra cake for their anniversary at jiko's in a few weeks but i can't find any pics of them. can you guys help me out? any ideas what to add to it maybe? i wanted to have them do a white chorale scroll in front of the cake but needed an idea for the top?

thanks!

Hi all. We are going to WDW in 18 days. We will be celebrating my son's 7th birthday while we are there and I'm considering getting a cake for him. Trying to figure out where to start!

We are staying at BCR but I think I'd like to have it delivered to one of the dinner's we are having with my sister's family. Those include: Garden Grill, Via Napoli, Be Our Guest, and Trail's End. Any suggestions?

Price is a factor so not looking to spend a substantial amount of money. There will be 7 of us but a couple of us aren't really cake eaters...so probably 5 actually eating cake. Since it's close to Halloween I was thinking some kind of a haunted mansion or halloween theme will be cool. He'll be with his older cousin so he won't want me to embarass him with something he would consider "babyish". Ideas???

Thanks!

Just ordered the little man's first birthday cake. Mickey Mouse mini cake at chef mickeys, red fondant, yellow Mickey heads, black ears on top with a white number one, and happy 1st birthday oscar written on the plate. Can't wait!

We are staying at BCR but I think I'd like to have it delivered to one of the dinner's we are having with my sister's family. Those include: Garden Grill, Via Napoli, Be Our Guest, and Trail's End. Any suggestions?

If you do Be Our Guest or Trail's End you can work with the Contemporary pastry team, which does the best work for the lowest cost. That Haunted Mansion cake they did on the previous page might be a good bet—certainly not too babyish.

No custom cakes are available at Via Napoli, just the standard ones listed in Post #2 of this thread. You can get a custom cake at Garden Grill.

Are cakes still available at Mexico and Italy in Epcot?

I see in the 2nd post that a screen print is no extra cost so that may be a cheaper option for us since most places charge extra. Just wondering if they still offer custom cakes and if they are just as tasty as Disney's :thumbsup2

Hi all. We are going to WDW in 18 days. We will be celebrating my son's 7th birthday while we are there and I'm considering getting a cake for him. Trying to figure out where to start!

Price is a factor so not looking to spend a substantial amount of money. There will be 7 of us but a couple of us aren't really cake eaters...so probably 5 actually eating cake. Since it's close to Halloween I was thinking some kind of a haunted mansion or halloween theme will be cool. He'll be with his older cousin so he won't want me to embarass him with something he would consider "babyish". Ideas???

Thanks!

If you look on these boards, there are lots of small Haunted mansion themed cakes that are really cool!

Are cakes still available at Mexico and Italy in Epcot?

I see in the 2nd post that a screen print is no extra cost so that may be a cheaper option for us since most places charge extra. Just wondering if they still offer custom cakes and if they are just as tasty as Disney's :thumbsup2

Neither place has ever offered custom cakes, unfortunately. In Italy, you can request one of the standard options listed in Post #2. In Mexico your only choices are chocolate or vanilla cake and frosting, and the only real decor choice is what screen print you want. I believe the person who posted a Frozen-screen printed cake from Mexico a few weeks ago said it was tasty.

Neither place has ever offered custom cakes, unfortunately. In Italy, you can request one of the standard options listed in Post #2. In Mexico your only choices are chocolate or vanilla cake and frosting, and the only real decor choice is what screen print you want. I believe the person who posted a Frozen-screen printed cake from Mexico a few weeks ago said it was tasty.

Thanks for the info! We didn't want anything too fancy since our budget is pretty small, but we did want at least a screen print to make it more "Disney" if that makes sense.

Sorry, we're in the planning stages so I have so many questions :crazy2: Also, if we have breakfast at a deluxe resort restaurant, such as Kona, will the Poly or GF deliver the cake free or is there a delivery fee?

Yes! If you want a basic cake, the Poly will make it. If you decide to splurge on something fancier, like with fondant, the GF can make it. In either case, there is no delivery fee to have it at your meal. :thumbsup2

I have a question about what to do when a cake does not meet expectations...It was perfect to look at but more than a third was icing! I mean the 2 layers were much smaller than the massive amount of icing in the middle! I'd say it's close to half the height-could not believe it. We did not cut it until we got back to the room today(wed) but got it at around 9:30 pm on Monday night. My DS ate the cupcake that night.

I am not sure what to do. Asking for a redo is pointless as the day has passed. Asking for a full refund seems to ignore the fact that is was visually what we wanted. Any suggestions?

I will post pictures when we get back.

Soooo, We are leaving for Disney a week from today :cool1:. I meant to call last week & the week before about my daughter's cake, but we had a death in the family and I was dealing with all that. For the last 2 days I've called the Contemporary Cake line to talk to someone (preferably Chef Brian, but anyone there, I'm sure is great) about designing my daughter's 2nd Birthday Cake (9/13/14). I'm REALLY getting nervous because no one is calling me back. I waited over 24 hours (what the message said that they call back in) to call yesterday and although I want to call them now, it's not 24 hours until about 1:30 my time. I'm really getting nervous and this is so important to me- it's the reason for our trip to Disney. Anyone have any ideas (other than sit back & relax)?
Thanks,
Nicki
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter