Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think having it say "We wants the redhead!" would be funny! I wonder if they'd do a standing white chocolate screen print of the Marc Davis concept art.

I was trying to pry from my mom other 'ideas' or her favourite character, but what she gave me just doesn't seem to fit.

I think I am going to stick with the Redhead.
Have it say:
Happy Birthday Mom
"We wants the redhead!"

Hopefully they could use that image! It would be perfect :)

Our dinner date isn't until January 17 so I have plenty of time to do some thinking and then call.

Thanks for the help! I'll be sure to keep you all informed on how it goes and the finished product :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if you can order just a white chocolate figure? No cake? If so any idea of pricing? Thanks!

Yes! Pricing runs from $15 to about $65 depending on the size and the resort. You can have them partially or fully painted for an extra charge.

I was trying to pry from my mom other 'ideas' or her favourite character, but what she gave me just doesn't seem to fit.

I think I am going to stick with the Redhead.
Have it say:
Happy Birthday Mom
"We wants the redhead!"

Hopefully they could use that image! It would be perfect :)

Our dinner date isn't until January 17 so I have plenty of time to do some thinking and then call.

Thanks for the help! I'll be sure to keep you all informed on how it goes and the finished product :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see it! :goodvibes

I'm sure longtime readers of this thread are sick to death of seeing me post this every year, but here's my Christmas cake from the Contemporary... again...
I love this cake! Do you have any pricing info for it?

Can I get some help/ ideas/ pictures on a disney graduation cake? We will be staying at ASMu, so room delivery is out. 1st night is Raglan Road, so that is out. 2nd night is dinner at BOMA,,,we can get a cake here!! Last night is WCC, not sure about here. Now, the idea problem: This is a high school graduation cake for my DS and his friend. They are both graduating HS and I do not want to leave his friend out. So what kind of wording? Congrats Grads, or Congrats Class of 2015. I think the boys would not want a Congrats Drayton & Nat! LOL! Also, what kind of decoration option for graduation on a mini cake? We are going to get another mini cake the same night for our 20th anniversary, so I do not need a larger cake. Any ideas will help! Thanks!

I'm doing the same thing for my daughter and her friend who are graduating from high school, I'm thinking of doing the cake in their school colors (green and white) with a graduation hat on top and Congratulations c/o 2015! on the plate

I'm doing the same thing for my daughter and her friend who are graduating from high school, I'm thinking of doing the cake in their school colors (green and white) with a graduation hat on top and Congratulations c/o 2015! on the plate
Can they do a graduation hat on a mini cake?

Can they do a graduation hat on a mini cake?

I haven't actually ordered it yet, so I don't know for sure, but I don't see why not. I have seen them with Mickey ears and Minnie princess hats on top so they should be able to do a graduation hat.

Quick question, I called the number for the AKL and spoke to a very nice cm on Thanksgiving day to order a surprise cake for our dinner at Boma on December 18th. She took all of the information, but I haven't heard from anyone to confirm or give me a cost for the cake???? Should I call them back??

I love this cake! Do you have any pricing info for it?

Yes! Sorry - I should have reposted that too! It was $100 and made by the Contemporary Resort pastry team.

Hoping to get this pic to work. This is the cake my son had last week for his birthday.

Thanks for sharing! It looks like it was delivered at the Grand Floridian. If you'd care to share pricing, it would be very helpful to readers of this thread! :thumbsup2

Is there any way to get a 2 tier mini cake at AKL?

I was told they don't have the equipment to do minicakes.

Can I get some help/ ideas/ pictures on a disney graduation cake? We will be staying at ASMu, so room delivery is out. 1st night is Raglan Road, so that is out. 2nd night is dinner at BOMA,,,we can get a cake here!! Last night is WCC, not sure about here.

Whispering Canyon would be a great place to get the cake because you can have it made by the Contemporary pastry team.

Quick question, I called the number for the AKL and spoke to a very nice cm on Thanksgiving day to order a surprise cake for our dinner at Boma on December 18th. She took all of the information, but I haven't heard from anyone to confirm or give me a cost for the cake???? Should I call them back??

I would definitely call back to confirm. :goodvibes

Finalized my cake order for SATURDAY today. Chef Brian quoted me an 8 inch cake...this is going to be huge, isn't it? There are only 4 of us...maybe we'll try to make friends with the people at a table close to ours and offer to share. LOL.

Sorry for the huge pics but no matter how many times I try to shrink them in photobucket they still show up large. Here are the two birthday cakes I ordered for our trip in November.

The first is a birthday cake for my mom ordered through Magic Kingdom cakes for her birthday lunch at the Crystal Palace. It's an 8 inch (they wouldn't make a 6 inch for me), vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse. All I asked for was some purple decorations since that is my mom's favorite color. It was $49 -

The second is a birthday cake for my son ordered through the Contemporary for his birthday dinner at Chef Mickey's. It is vanilla cake with raspberry mousse. All I asked for was some Mickey sprinkles and they use the color red for the writing. I was quoted $29 but that night they charged $23. I brought the mini Disney plastic figurines and the 3 candle and gave it to our waitress to add to the cake.

Everyone was happy with both of the cakes. We did end up throwing out half of my mom's cake. They weren't allowed to hold it at the restaurant and it was too hot outside for it to be carried around in the afternoon. It was still worthwhile but I would have preferred getting a 6 inch cake. Even though we didn't have any of the buffet dessert at either restaurant it was still worth it since they were both so happy when their cakes came out.

Thanks again for all of the tips!

We are staying at BCV at the end of next September, and it will be my husbands birthday while we are there. We are going to do MNSSHP and also do HHN while we are there, so I want to get him a Halloween themed cake. My question is, to get an orange colored cake (I have a picture in my mind of the cake), do I have to get a fondant covered cake to get the orange color, or will they add food coloring to vanilla icing? I saw that the fondant cakes start at $75, and that is way more than I would want to pay. I see people bring decorations from home, and they will put them on the cake for you, so I am thinking of doing that. Thanks for any info.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B%3B%3C5%3Evq%3D4277%3E938%3E%3A34%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A%3B73%3B763345vq0mrj

Okay, here's the photo of my cake, haven't figured out sizing it yet, sorry. It was an 8 inch chocolate with chocolate mousse and cannoli cream fillings, white butter cream frosting under the blue fondant. Snow White and Prince 2d on white chocolate and says "You might get a little Grumpy but you'll always be Prince Charming to me" on the front. This cake was SO good, super taste and really cute, dh was completely surprised and loved it. Cost was $82. We had it delivered to Artist Point at our dinner and just had it added to the bill, which we used TIW on the total bill but also tipped on the entire thing including the cake.

We recently went to Disney to celebrate my In-Law's 50th wedding anniversary. While we were there, it also my daughter's 2nd Birthday.

We celebrated the Birthday at Chef Mickey's and the kids had a great time! Our server, Debby was awesome and made sure all the characters new we were celebrating a birthday. They spent a great amount of time with each of the kids, but special attention was given to the Birthday girl. We were seated at a table by the window overlooking the castle. We had a great view for the fireworks! Minnie and Donald came and watched the fireworks with our daughter and clapped and cheered with her.

10644852_10152358873836316_8663741398241947008_n.jpg

Minnie even came to our table when we sang Happy Birthday and helped blow out the candles. Truly a little girl's dream come true.

1016892_10152358873711316_4989911943471894170_n.jpg

Price: $106
Date: 10/29/14
Cake info: 8" Vanilla cake, chocolate filling, vanilla butter cream icing covered in red and white fondant and topped with a solid chocolate Minnie head. The head alone weighed about 5 lbs! This cake was said to feed 10. We were in a party of 9 and had plenty left over. They boxed the cake in 2 boxes (1 just for the head) for us to take back to our room. We finished the cake, but flew home with the chocolate wrapped in a ziplock bag. Happy Birthday Giuliana was written in chocolate on the gold tray. The only negative was that I requested a "2" for her second birthday appear somewhere on the cake, which it did not. The cake was so fabulous that it didn't even matter! Thank you Chef Brian for an outstanding cake!

Last edited:
We are staying at BCV at the end of next September, and it will be my husbands birthday while we are there. We are going to do MNSSHP and also do HHN while we are there, so I want to get him a Halloween themed cake. My question is, to get an orange colored cake (I have a picture in my mind of the cake), do I have to get a fondant covered cake to get the orange color, or will they add food coloring to vanilla icing? I saw that the fondant cakes start at $75, and that is way more than I would want to pay. I see people bring decorations from home, and they will put them on the cake for you, so I am thinking of doing that. Thanks for any info.

When I ordered my sister's birthday cake a few months ago, I had wrote Chef Brian at the Contemporary. I wanted a hot pink cake but didn't want to spend more than $60 on the cake.
He insisted that I go for fondant as it would look much better. He only charged me $3 more for it too.

So I would call but I've seen bright red, yellow,and blue icing on mini cakes so I don't see why not.

We recently went to Disney to celebrate my In-Law's 50th wedding anniversary. While we were there, it also my daughter's 2nd Birthday.

We celebrated the Birthday at Chef Mickey's and the kids had a great time! Our server, Debby was awesome and made sure all the characters new we were celebrating a birthday. They spent a great amount of time with each of the kids, but special attention was given to the Birthday girl. We were seated at a table by the window overlooking the castle. We had a great view for the fireworks! Minnie and Donald came and watched the fireworks with our daughter and clapped and cheered with her.

10644852_10152358873836316_8663741398241947008_n.jpg

Minnie even came to our table when we sang Happy Birthday and helped blow out the candles. Truly a little girl's dream come true.

1016892_10152358873711316_4989911943471894170_n.jpg

Price: $106
Date: 10/29/14
Cake info: 8" Vanilla cake, chocolate filling, vanilla butter cream icing covered in red and white fondant and topped with a solid chocolate Minnie head. The head alone weighed about 5 lbs! This cake was said to feed 10. We were in a party of 9 and had plenty left over. They boxed the cake in 2 boxes (1 just for the head) for us to take back to our room. We finished the cake, but flew home with the chocolate wrapped in a ziplock bag. Happy Birthday Giuliana was written in chocolate on the gold tray. The only negative was that I requested a "2" for her second birthday appear somewhere on the cake, which it did not. The cake was so fabulous that it didn't even matter! Thank you Chef Brian for an outstanding cake!

So cute! I know what you mean about having leftovers. We got a 6" cake for 3 Adults and even though we snacked on it for the rest of our trip, we still couldn't eat it all. It was tasty though!

Has anyone had made or seen any where around disney world an Up themed cupcake. I am trying to see if they do any so I can order one as an anniversary treat.

Thank you

Andrea

Not done by Disney staff, but I sent in pictures and Chef Brian re-created the pictures I sent. Maybe you can try that. Here are a few ideas...

up3_zpsf4ef4da8.jpg

up5_zps5770b7fc.jpg

up2_zps17732aa4.jpg

up4_zpsc14b7097.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter