Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Looking for advice! I am hoping to order a birthday cake as a surprise for a close friend. We are staying at fort wilderness, and I’m hoping to get a camping themed cake! Can anyone guide me on where to start? With Covid, I’m not sure how the whole cake process is working, plus I’ve never ordered one from Disney before.

So excited! I emailed the Grand Floridian Bakery to order a cake for our anniversary, and Julisa just called me to confirm the details. It'll look just like the top layer of our Disney wedding cake and will have lavender cake with orange scented white chocolate mousse along with a small white chocolate castle on top. I'll report back on how it goes in a few weeks!

Last edited:
Looking for advice! I am hoping to order a birthday cake as a surprise for a close friend. We are staying at fort wilderness, and I’m hoping to get a camping themed cake! Can anyone guide me on where to start? With Covid, I’m not sure how the whole cake process is working, plus I’ve never ordered one from Disney before.

If you check out the first two posts of this thread, they have been updated with the COVID-related changes to cake ordering. You need to call or email the Grand Floridian and see if they will either deliver to Fort Wilderness or allow you to pick up the cake at the GF front desk: 407-824-2474 or wdw.dl-gf.pd.requests@disney.com

This may be a really dumb question so I apologize in advance :laughing:

Will they let you bring candles to blow out in the restaurant? In all my years, I can't remember ever seeing anyone do it and now I'm second guessing whether it's allowed.

We are not ordering a cake through Disney; I use cast members for our cakes (either laid off ones or those with bakery side gigs) and they deliver it to the restaurant for us. Next month we're celebrating DS's 2nd birthday and I'd love to have candles (for the previous birthdays, no one cared about them) :)

This may be a really dumb question so I apologize in advance :laughing:

Will they let you bring candles to blow out in the restaurant? In all my years, I can't remember ever seeing anyone do it and now I'm second guessing whether it's allowed.

We are not ordering a cake through Disney; I use cast members for our cakes (either laid off ones or those with bakery side gigs) and they deliver it to the restaurant for us. Next month we're celebrating DS's 2nd birthday and I'd love to have candles (for the previous birthdays, no one cared about them) :)
I'm not sure about now, but in January 2020, they put a candle in my husband's birthday cake that we ordered through Disney.

We are not ordering a cake through Disney; I use cast members for our cakes (either laid off ones or those with bakery side gigs) and they deliver it to the restaurant for us.

Will they let you bring in an outside cake? Not arguing, just truly curious.

So excited! Ordered a 10 inch birthday cake from grand Floridian today to have delivered to Fort Wilderness October 6th. My requests were vanilla cake and vanilla frosting, lemon curd and fresh blueberry filling, and a camping theme that they are going to be creative with!
Total cost is $275, but I figure it’s a once in a lifetime thing, and both my friend and I have our birthday on that day, and we will both be there camping. We’re from Minnesota and she lives in Florida so that makes it even more special ❤️
I’ll definitely update with pictures!

I have tried countless times to get my photos to upload without being in the wrong direction, but I could not figure out how to fix this problem. I have never had that happen before.

Anyway, the pictures you see are a cake made by the Grand Floridian delivered to the Riviera resort for my daughter's 10th birthday. It was $145 and it was a chocolate ganache and peanut butter mousse filling. They forgot to give me a cake cutter, so my cut of it is not attractive because I had to use a small plastic knife. They delivered it to the front desk and upon our arrival they brought it to my room, which was unexpected. I was very surprised by how well it kept as we received it on Friday and we flew home on a Tuesday and the rest of my family was able to eat it on Tuesday night and it still tasted fine! Lurkeyloo was correct that this fondant was unlike any I've ever had before. I actually liked it! Overall, a great experience and very easy process, even when I changed my resort location from GF to the Riviera.

Attachments

• PXL_20210918_035218814.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210918_035218814.PORTRAIT.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 257
  • PXL_20210918_035225082.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210918_035225082.PORTRAIT.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 250
  • PXL_20210918_035233475.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210918_035233475.PORTRAIT.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 189
  • PXL_20210918_035239131.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210918_035239131.PORTRAIT.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 181
  • PXL_20210918_035308112.jpg
    PXL_20210918_035308112.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 178
  • PXL_20210918_035322118.jpg
    PXL_20210918_035322118.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 164
  • PXL_20210918_035326000.jpg
    PXL_20210918_035326000.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 153
  • PXL_20210918_035618246.jpg
    PXL_20210918_035618246.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 163
I just got off the phone with Julia (Grand Floridian bakery) and was quoted $160 for the $85 Halloween cake made in 2016 (someone’s earlier post) with 3 pumpkins on top. I wasn’t even asking for fondant. A bit disappointed that the chefs are unwilling to work with us. We’ve had a mickeys hat cake done (fondant and had tail) for $109 3 years ago (fondant with strawberry filing) and $120 haunted mansion cake (2 yea ago) which included our photo printed a gold frame from the ride for $50, black flowers, lighting, and a similar Avatar cake (fondant, raspberry mouse) with our DD’s avatarized face on a standing thick piece of chocolate, tail, navi print (2 yes ago). Their explanation/excuse that prices have gone up is just ridiculous.

I ended up going with a 6 inch cake with strawberry filling (extra cost) and Halloween theme for $100 (they said no way they can do fondant for that price) and were trying to push screen prints and a bigger size.

Update...I've worked with Glorimar at the GF for our three cakes and we are all set!

For our Tony's reservation, a Lady and the Tramp Anniversary mini-cake and a Stitch pre-birthday mini-cake!

Then later in the week, a 6-inch fondant covered "Happily Ever After" fireworks birthday cake for DD's Jungle Skipper Canteen birthday celebration!

They are being delivered to the restaurants for us! When we get back from our vacation, I will have pics and reviews!
Okay, here they are! They turned out well, and pretty much exactly as I had described and illustrated (I used Google and created little designs, I know...I'm a little OCD)!
The 2 mini-cakes were made by the GF Pastry Team and delivered to Tony's Town Square and brought to our table by our server - with just a wink of acknowledgement to me - BRILLIANT! Well Done, Tatiana, our server!
The 6-inch birthday cake was also made by the GF Pastry Team and delivered to Jungle Skipper Navigator Company Canteen and brought out by our server Hanan, with just a nod of her head! These servers were brilliant and never gave away that our party had a surprise coming!
The Lady and the Tramp anniversary cake was $45 and the BEST CAKE I HAVE EVER EATEN at WDW! Chocolate cake with the Grey Stuff filling! I dream about that one and am getting it for our October Birthday Trip and My November-December Birthday trip! YUM!
The Stitch was cute but a little underwhelming from what I thought it would be $45 - yellow cake with chocolate mousse filling. It was good, but it was not as good as our Whole Foods Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake.
The Happily Ever After Cake, $115, was AMAZING and DELICIOUS - Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Mousse filling. All the details, the marbled fondant, the splattering of fireworks, and the beads to take home as a souvenir of her birthday - INCREDIBLE! We all ate a huge slice and then shared with the four parties who were in the 3 million dollar Explorer Room with us! Everyone sang to my DD when the cake came to the table and that was priceless!
Sorry, I forgot to get a cross-section of each cake...I was just SO EXCITED!

Does anyone know where I could order a cake for Beach Club or for delivery at Cinderella’s Royal Table? I just ordered a cake for our Grand Floridian leg of our trip but the woman I spoke to said they couldn’t deliver to CRT (but other restaurants would be fine) and can’t deliver to Beach Club. We aren’t driving so it would be hard to pick up a cake and drive it over. But my understanding is that the Grand is the only resort baking right now.

Does anyone know where I could order a cake for Beach Club or for delivery at Cinderella’s Royal Table? I just ordered a cake for our Grand Floridian leg of our trip but the woman I spoke to said they couldn’t deliver to CRT (but other restaurants would be fine) and can’t deliver to Beach Club. We aren’t driving so it would be hard to pick up a cake and drive it over. But my understanding is that the Grand is the only resort baking right now.
***Due to COVID-19, only the Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Yacht & Beach Club resorts are offering custom cakes at the moment. The Grand Floridian *might* deliver to another Disney resort or theme park for you. Contact 407-824-2474 or wdw.dl-gf.pd.requests@disney.com.***

Cinderella’s has a new lost slipper dessert which seems pretty big; it’s a small white chocolate slipper in a chocolate ball (saw it on Paging Mr Morrow’s video on MK 50th celebration). If you want to order the special dessert you can do that by emailing: WDW.Magic.Kingdom.Specialty.Desserts@disney.com

https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/
Cakes are hard to transport afterwards. I think there are podium cakes you can add to your dining reservation (Mickey dome shaped).

The reason they can't deliver to Beach Club is that Yacht & Beach Club has its own pastry team that is making cakes. This info is in the first post of this thread, and the phone number for Yacht & Beach Club is in post #2.

The reason they can't deliver to Beach Club is that Yacht & Beach Club has its own pastry team that is making cakes. This info is in the first post of this thread, and the phone number for Yacht & Beach Club is in post #2.
I guess I was just misremembering. Mom brain fail. For some reason I thought their bakery wasn’t up and running yet.

I'm at it again! So excited to, this time, order a cake from the Contemporary Pastry Team. I called yesterday leaving a message on their number at noon, and by two in the afternoon my cake was ordered. This time around it's for my DH and DN's birthdays that are five days apart! The cake is going to be delivered to our birthday celebration lunch at Steakhouse 71! I ordered a 6 " chocolate cake with "the Grey Stiff" filling - our favorite - and the decorations will be Chef's Choice Hades theme. He is my DN's favorite, so I can't wait to see what we receive! The quote on the phone was $59 and we will pay at the restaurant! As soon as we return from our Halloween Birthday Overload trip, I'll post pictures!😈👿:cake:

We had this cake made at the Grand Floridian and it was delivered to us at fort wilderness. We just told them a camping theme and asked them to be creative. I felt the cake was absolutely beautiful, but taste wise not the best- it was a very dense and heavy cake. Also a very strong lemon flavor throughout the cake even though we just wanted lemon filling. And they had also covered the top with coconut, which no one in our family would eat so that was disappointing- I never even thought to tell them that.
So all in all- I’m glad I tried it but would definitely not do it again. It was a $280 cake that most of my family didn’t want to eat…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter