Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

View attachment 611137
We had this cake made at the Grand Floridian and it was delivered to us at fort wilderness. We just told them a camping theme and asked them to be creative. I felt the cake was absolutely beautiful, but taste wise not the best- it was a very dense and heavy cake. Also a very strong lemon flavor throughout the cake even though we just wanted lemon filling. And they had also covered the top with coconut, which no one in our family would eat so that was disappointing- I never even thought to tell them that.
So all in all- I’m glad I tried it but would definitely not do it again. It was a $280 cake that most of my family didn’t want to eat…

I would give them some feedback via email. That’s really expensive for a cake that wasn’t to your liking. How big was the cake?

I would give them some feedback via email. That’s really expensive for a cake that wasn’t to your liking. How big was the cake?
It was a ten inch cake. And I’m not exactly sure where to email feedback for something like this 🤷🏻‍♀️

@serenitygr- sorry your cake wasn’t delicious. For that cost it should be.
The outside is adorable though😍, such a cute theme.

My kids would not be happy with coconut either. Seems like an odd thing to add without it being requested.

The email I used to initially contact someone was:

wdw.dl-gf.pd.requests@disney.com

I usually got an email, when I confirmed the order, to let them know how the cake was (coordinator was Pat for previous cakes). If you have the contact person’s email or you received a receipt via email I think you can use that.

Just an update for everyone- I did reach out to them and let them know both what we loved about the cake, and what we wished had been different. They were very kind in return, and offered either a 50% refund, or to deliver another cake for us- with possibly a different flavor and just plain icing. I thought that was really sweet of them to offer and showed wonderful customer service! It made me much more likely to try another cake next year but I’ll know to specify what we don’t want !

Thank you so much for having this board on cakes. I just placed a 10 inch cake order for pickup from the Grand Floridian for Nov 6th with a Chip n Dale theme (picture of them gathering nuts). They will do a fall color scheme with the cake being shaped like a log and and add embellishments. "Gathered all together for Disney" is the words I have asked to be added. I can't wait to surprise my family with the cake. I will be sure to add a follow-up with picture from our trip.

View attachment 611137
We had this cake made at the Grand Floridian and it was delivered to us at fort wilderness. We just told them a camping theme and asked them to be creative. I felt the cake was absolutely beautiful, but taste wise not the best- it was a very dense and heavy cake. Also a very strong lemon flavor throughout the cake even though we just wanted lemon filling. And they had also covered the top with coconut, which no one in our family would eat so that was disappointing- I never even thought to tell them that.
So all in all- I’m glad I tried it but would definitely not do it again. It was a $280 cake that most of my family didn’t want to eat…
We just returned from WDW yesterday. Ordered a 20th wedding anniversary cake from GF for our Narcoosee's dinner two days ago. The cake was beautiful...on the outside. However, it did not taste good. Ours was very dense and heavy too, the sponge and filling. The waiter even had a difficult time cutting it. Disappointing to say the least. Our cake was $145.

We just returned from WDW yesterday. Ordered a 20th wedding anniversary cake from GF for our Narcoosee's dinner two days ago. The cake was beautiful...on the outside. However, it did not taste good. Ours was very dense and heavy too, the sponge and filling. The waiter even had a difficult time cutting it. Disappointing to say the least. Our cake was $145.
What favor was it? We are ordering ours eggless/dairy free vanilla with strawberry filling and white chocolate frosting. I’m wondering how dense that would be. In the past, it was a bit dense but flavorful.

What favor was it? We are ordering ours eggless/dairy free vanilla with strawberry filling and white chocolate frosting. I’m wondering how dense that would be. In the past, it was a bit dense but flavorful.
Vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. Knowing what I know now, I would not order from GF. I'd get a cake from Amorette's or just get a Mickey dome.

We’re still waiting to be contacted for the 50% refund we were promised- I was really happy with their customer service and the fact they seemed concerned, but it’s now been a week and still… crickets….

I wanted to report back on our Grand Floridian Bakery cake order for our anniversary. It was a replica of the top tier of our wedding cake (6" lavender cake and orange scented white chocolate mousse filling with regular buttercream on the outside), and it turned out to beautifully! It was also delicious. I love that they added a small hidden Mickey and Minnie!

I wanted to report back on our Grand Floridian Bakery cake order for our anniversary. It was a replica of the top tier of our wedding cake (6" lavender cake and orange scented white chocolate mousse filling with regular buttercream on the outside), and it turned out to beautifully! It was also delicious. I love that they added a small hidden Mickey and Minnie!
View attachment 613143
View attachment 613144
Sorry if I missed this; how much was this?

we will be doing a dairy free white chocolate filling with fresh strawberries. I do expect the vanilla cake (dairy/egg free) to be a bit dense. Your cake looks so pretty. If ours turns out like that, then $100 seems reasonable.

we will be doing a dairy free white chocolate filling with fresh strawberries. I do expect the vanilla cake (dairy/egg free) to be a bit dense. Your cake looks so pretty. If ours turns out like that, then $100 seems reasonable.
Thank you! I think it helps that I asked for just buttercream, no fondant. I'm pretty sure the fondant cakes cost more.

For those of you that emailed the Grand Floridian Bakery, does it automatically send you a copy of your email? I sent one yesterday and got an email sent back to me. I am hoping I didn't do something wrong and they didn't get the email I sent and it bounced back to me.

For those of you that emailed the Grand Floridian Bakery, does it automatically send you a copy of your email? I sent one yesterday and got an email sent back to me. I am hoping I didn't do something wrong and they didn't get the email I sent and it bounced back to me.

No, I didn't get an automatic reply either. Maybe try again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter