Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

full

8 inch Splash Mountain cake from CR delivered to HDDR. Fondant, chocolate buttercream, vanilla cake, strawberry mousse filling. Quoted 120, paid just over 140 with tax and gratuity.
It is delicious.
This is such a great cake! My DD’s favorite ride is Splash, so she loved seeing it, too! Thanks so much for posting it!

y...Im just concerned about the leftovers, their dinner is at 640 and they will want to walk around Epcot maybe see Illuminations after and Lord knows what that would do to that cake lol

The restaurant will not hold leftover cake, but you could put it in a locker.

So, I'm 4 weeks out from my trip and even though I said I wasn't doing cake this time I really feel like I should :scratchin. Normally I get my cakes made by the Contemporary and have them in MK restaurants but as that is a no-go I'm limited with options and wanted opinions on what you thought my best option was :confused3.

1. Have cake at breakfast at 1900 Park Fayre
2. Collect cake from the Boardwalk after breakfast at Trattoria al Forno
3. Attempt to order cake through POR and have it delivered to the resort

I'm looking for a mini cake in Mad Hatter Unbirthday theme for my DD and possibly a mini cake for my parents in an Up theme (although I've never seen anything like this and don't even know if it would be possible).

I would appreciate any advice anyone has to give.

So, I'm 4 weeks out from my trip and even though I said I wasn't doing cake this time I really feel like I should :scratchin. Normally I get my cakes made by the Contemporary and have them in MK restaurants but as that is a no-go I'm limited with options and wanted opinions on what you thought my best option was :confused3.

1. Have cake at breakfast at 1900 Park Fayre
2. Collect cake from the Boardwalk after breakfast at Trattoria al Forno
3. Attempt to order cake through POR and have it delivered to the resort

I'm looking for a mini cake in Mad Hatter Unbirthday theme for my DD and possibly a mini cake for my parents in an Up theme (although I've never seen anything like this and don't even know if it would be possible).

I would appreciate any advice anyone has to give.

I'd get it at 1900 Park Fare or have it delivered to Trattoria al Forno (you don't have to pick up BW Bakery cakes if you're dining at a restaurant on the BoardWalk).

Here's an Up minicake someone got from the Contemporary a few years ago that you could use for inspiration:

Up%20Balloon%20Mini%20Cake_zps5oe0ux2g.jpg

And here's an 8-inch Up themed cake:

up_cake_gemologygal_zpst8nl3tbf.jpg

Here's a the Mad Hatter minicake @Cluelyss had delivered to 1900 Park Fare last year for $50:

Mad%20Hatter%20Minicake_zps21qocswj.jpg

George from CR called me and I was able to complete that order for my daughter and grandson as well as a mini tier cake for our 10th anniversary he was amazing he worked with me asking questions about my wedding colors and things and came up with some amazing ideas I cant wait to see our mini tier cake and the slipper design he did for my daughter and sorcerer mickey cupcake he designed for grandson. I had spoken to Megan at Epcot to order the mini tier cake with castle and rhinestones for sons proposal dinner.. It all worked out wonderfully I cant wait to see the end result. Everything was priced reasonably for what they came up with.. Most expensive is my tier cake for $55 bc of the beading that will be added and the white chocolate light up castle that will be covered in edible glitter..

I'd get it at 1900 Park Fare or have it delivered to Trattoria al Forno (you don't have to pick up BW Bakery cakes if you're dining at a restaurant on the BoardWalk).

Here's an Up minicake someone got from the Contemporary a few years ago that you could use for inspiration:

Up%20Balloon%20Mini%20Cake_zps5oe0ux2g.jpg

And here's an 8-inch Up themed cake:

up_cake_gemologygal_zpst8nl3tbf.jpg

Here's a the Mad Hatter minicake @Cluelyss had delivered to 1900 Park Fare last year for $50:

Mad%20Hatter%20Minicake_zps21qocswj.jpg

Thanks Lurkyloo. The cake @Cluelyss had is what gave me the idea. I love the Up mini cake too. I haven't seen that before so thanks for the inspiration. Are the Boardwalk generally easy to work with? I will be calling from the UK so I's prefer it to be all done in one call rather than playing phone tennis with them.

View attachment 330063
Here is my cake I got from my local bakery here today. About a week late, but nice to have the day before we leave for Disney.

That cake design was our original inspiration for my brother-in-laws 40th birthday cake back in April. We just wanted to add a white chocolate monorail to it. The price Disney quoted us was out of our "willing to pay range" though, so we ended up with a much more sedate (less fun / whimsical) version.

Thanks Lurkyloo. The cake @Cluelyss had is what gave me the idea. I love the Up mini cake too. I haven't seen that before so thanks for the inspiration. Are the Boardwalk generally easy to work with? I will be calling from the UK so I's prefer it to be all done in one call rather than playing phone tennis with them.

It can be harder to get in touch with an actual pastry chef at BoardWalk Bakery, and often the people who answer the phone aren't as familiar with what is possible cakewise. See if you can get them to give you a pastry chef's email so you can work together that way.

It can be harder to get in touch with an actual pastry chef at BoardWalk Bakery, and often the people who answer the phone aren't as familiar with what is possible cakewise. See if you can get them to give you a pastry chef's email so you can work together that way.

Our experience with the BW Bakery is very consistent with lurkyloo's description. We typically work with CR and the results have always been fantastic. When ordering from BW Bakery, I called back a couple times attempting to connect with someone who was an actual pastry chef - I even asked for an e-mail address - but was unsuccessful. They were always very friendly, but I just wasn't confident. Ultimately, we ordered an Elena-themed cake from BW anyway and we received a plain red fondant cake with paw prints! We were fine - I brought an Elena topper just in case based on my lack of confidence and my entire family had a good laugh. BW Bakery acknowledged that it really wasn't customized as requested and refunded the price of customization, so I thought that was very fair. Might give BC/YC a try next trip. I'd also be willing to try GF as the photos of their cakes often look great.

How long should I expect to wait to hear back from George at CR before I put in a second call? It's been more than a week and I've not received a call back.

I would love a special cake delivered to our Kona dinner for my daughters graduation from her Masters program! Do I call the Poly?

I would love a special cake delivered to our Kona dinner for my daughters graduation from her Masters program! Do I call the Poly?

If you want a fancy cake with fondant decorations over the buttercream, call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian. They make the fancy cakes for the Poly and deliver for free. Number is in Post #2.

Thank you, I was thinking about a two tier mini would that be considered a "fancy cake"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter