Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the best time frame to order a cake? Ordering from Y&BC for a cake to be delivered at an Epcot resort or from the contemporary for the new Be Our Guest at MK if open when we go and available to do so.

I think I'll want to have figurines sent in and have a cake done with them? otherwise i'm not sure what to do. I know we don't want fondant at all.

If you're mailing in figurines, I'd say to call at least 3 weeks out, but no more than a month or two, lest your order get lost in the shuffle. :thumbsup2

If you're mailing in figurines, I'd say to call at least 3 weeks out, but no more than a month or two, lest your order get lost in the shuffle. :thumbsup2

thanks! I was freaking out with the 4 months out quote someone said LOL we have plenty of time but sheesh.

I have dinner booked for 22 July at California Grill and we are celebrating the following for the 5 of us pixiedust: All these events occur during our vacation:

- Stepson's 18th Birthday
- Nieces's 18th Birthday
- Sisters 55th Birthday
- Hubby and I's Wedding Anniversary

Our dinner reservation is booked at a time to see the fireworks. I want something special, I was just going to have a cake for the 18th Birthdays but my Sister thinks we should all celebrate :hug :

My quandry is one big cake trying to capture us all or a small mini cake for each of us or something else.....what would you do?

I would order mini cakes for the birthdays, & a 6" or larger cake for the anniversary. That way all the birthdays are acknowledged equally, & you will have the anniversary cake to share with anyone who didn't get their own cake. If the people listed above are the only people in your party, you could get all mini cakes. You wouldn't need to worry about some people not having cake at all.

Best Friends are forever cake
February 29th, 2012
cost $45
Vanilla cake with vanilla icing
was very good all of the top items were white chocolate.
101_0205.jpg

101_0204.jpg

101_0203.jpg

101_0202.jpg

That's a great cake for that price. You all did really good.

Has anyone had a problem receiving a return phone call?

I've left three messages now and no-one bothers to call me back. I emailed special diets (since this is about a low-sugar cake/dessert), but they referred me right back to the same number. :sad2:

Anyone else having this problem? I so want to order a specialty cake for our anniversary, but to be honest, I'm getting frustrated making all these long-distance calls and getting nothing in return. :headache:

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for listening. :blush:

Fortunately you still have some time yet til your trip, so if the person manning the hotline is out on vacation or something, you'll catch them when they get back.

If it really gets down to the wire, I'd email the special diets people back and tell them that no one answers the hotline so they can give you other options. :thumbsup2

Has anyone had a problem receiving a return phone call?

I've left three messages now and no-one bothers to call me back. I emailed special diets (since this is about a low-sugar cake/dessert), but they referred me right back to the same number. :sad2:

Anyone else having this problem? I so want to order a specialty cake for our anniversary, but to be honest, I'm getting frustrated making all these long-distance calls and getting nothing in return. :headache:

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for listening. :blush:

We will be at WDW at the same time as you (Sept 14-20) and were wanting to get a cake for the 17th for my daughter's birthday. I haven't tried to contact anyone yet, but if you could keep posting updates on your progress I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks! :)

Fortunately you still have some time yet til your trip, so if the person manning the hotline is out on vacation or something, you'll catch them when they get back.

If it really gets down to the wire, I'd email the special diets people back and tell them that no one answers the hotline so they can give you other options. :thumbsup2

Yep, that's why I started early ... I had a feeling this wouldn't be as easy as I hoped it would be LOL

We will be at WDW at the same time as you (Sept 14-20) and were wanting to get a cake for the 17th for my daughter's birthday. I haven't tried to contact anyone yet, but if you could keep posting updates on your progress I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks! :)

I will do that ;)

Ok, who wants to help me be creative? :scratchin
I've decided on a basic theme for the cake I want, and I don't think I've seen anything in this category. The theme: Pin Trading! My boyfriend looooves to pin trade. Thought it was ridiculous when he first came down with me, second trip down got way caught up in it and went pin crazy. Now it's what he's most excited about with our upcoming trip. So, anybody have any good ideas on how it could be incorporated into an awesome cake?

Hi
is it possible to get a cake at tutto italia ?? if so were do I call ??
last question was is the smallest cake you order ( if so ) at tutto italia
thank you

Ok, who wants to help me be creative? :scratchin
I've decided on a basic theme for the cake I want, and I don't think I've seen anything in this category. The theme: Pin Trading! My boyfriend looooves to pin trade. Thought it was ridiculous when he first came down with me, second trip down got way caught up in it and went pin crazy. Now it's what he's most excited about with our upcoming trip. So, anybody have any good ideas on how it could be incorporated into an awesome cake?

I'll give my thoughts :goodvibes

Making edible pins should be fairly easy. There are a variety of ways you can work with edible images, but either way- they should be able to make a series of pins using mediums like gumpaste, fondant, or white chocolate. Edible gold or silver lustre dust can also be used to make it more "pin-like." They could make a lanyard or something of that nature from a strip of fondant...and the pins could be affixed to it...and ultimately drape over the cake with the main pins and bottom of the lanyard facing forwad. I like cakes with topper pieces...so they could make a sign or booth from fondant or gumpaste showing it's a Pin Trading Post...or something like that (for whatever reason I'm picturing the rustic little kiosk off to the back side in WL's lobby.

OK- clearly I have some time before our next trip, but I'm trying to drum up some cake design inspiration. I had a cake made for DD5's bday (I think it's on pg 197 of the thread) and I need to come up with something equally awesome for DD3's 4th bday. I can handle the design part, since I do cakes on the side and love that aspect, but I'm leaning towards a Minnie theme since they don't offer white chocolate toppers in any of her fave princesses (i.e. no Ariel or Jasmine :sad1:). When we did Belle for my older one's cake, I just had her edged in gold, but Minnie is more whimsical so I'm debating about having her painted. Any thoughts on this? Anyone regret getting or not getting the white chocolate figures painted?

Also, I'm big into less common flavors. Obviously, I can only work with the options on the list, but has anyone had any flavors they wished they didn't order? We tried red velvet with passion fruit mousse over the summer and really enjoyed it (even if they weren't the best combo). We can't do anything with nuts (i.e. no carrot cake or almond cake, and nothing peanut butter), but anyone have any bad experiences with any of the other flavors out there. The blackberry mousse, amaretto mousse, Bailey's mousse are all things that really have me curious. In any event, any opinions would be greatly appreciated. :goodvibes

Could someone please direct me to a picture of the zebra cake? I have tried searching, but there is so much out there that is not related to a picture. I'm having my birthday at Disney on 4/7 next week with dinner at Jiko. I hope its not too late to order a cake! :thumbsup2

If you go to the first post of this thread you will find a lengthy list of cakes made. I have seen a couple jungle themed cakes listed there. Good Luck :thumbsup2

I am trying to get a cake for my 2 DD's bdays Sept 16 at CRT, I did get one email from them but then I emailed back another question and no response.
I am tring to decide what cake to ge :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Could someone please direct me to a picture of the zebra cake? I have tried searching, but there is so much out there that is not related to a picture. I'm having my birthday at Disney on 4/7 next week with dinner at Jiko. I hope its not too late to order a cake! :thumbsup2
Hi there, I found this. Check post #1688. Oddly enough the following post was my own cake from a couple of years ago.:lmao: Hope this helps.:goodvibes
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=39331793&highlight=zebra+cake#post39331793

I have been emailing CRT about the package, and I just booked
my own package of 2 tiara's and 2 slipper deserts. total $65 plus tax and tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter