Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI all!

The one and only time I tried to order a custom cake was back in 2007 from Coral Reef for DS birthday...I went back and forth with the girl who handled this and thought I had it all set up. We arrived for our ADR and they said it was never taken out of the freezer and was still frozen :scared1: Needless to say, I was very disapponted. Anyway DS and I are going again in June and will be celebrating his earning Eagle Scout rank. I found a Mickey Mouse in scout uniform picture online..their is no copyright on it, it was just like clipart. Do you think they would be able to put this on a cake for me? We are staying at Swan but have ADR's at all different TS restaurants (Kona, Le Cellier, Chef de France, Capt Grille) TIA! :goodvibes

Someone from the CR cake line called me this morning. I ended up just doing a mini wedding cake with pink frosting, a chocolate mickey ear hat on top and the white mickey silhouettes on the sides. It was $35.

They couldn't do anything with a Minnie theme on a 6" cake since there wasn't enough room to work. The smallest was an 8" and she said they could do the white chocolate flat screen print that stands up for about $60 or the solid white chocolate Minnie for $77. I was hoping to keep it to $50 or under since I know we wouldn't eat anything more than what we had at the table and $77 would be crazy just for that, no matter how cute.

Question - does the restaurant provide candles or do we need to bring them?

Someone from the CR cake line called me this morning. I ended up just doing a mini wedding cake with pink frosting, a chocolate mickey ear hat on top and the white mickey silhouettes on the sides. It was $35.

They couldn't do anything with a Minnie theme on a 6" cake since there wasn't enough room to work. The smallest was an 8" and she said they could do the white chocolate flat screen print that stands up for about $60 or the solid white chocolate Minnie for $77. I was hoping to keep it to $50 or under since I know we wouldn't eat anything more than what we had at the table and $77 would be crazy just for that, no matter how cute.

Question - does the restaurant provide candles or do we need to bring them?

That sounds really cute. I just wanted to make sure you knew this cake is considered a single serving. Most people say 2 people can have a decent size piece out of it. If you cut really small pieces, you may get 3. From your other post, it sounded like you were looking for a cake to share with everyone, except maybe the kids. If that's the case, you would need to order a different cake. This would be perfect, if the cake is for the birthday girl only. :)

what would be some suggestions for my daughter and I celebrating our birthdays at the world together? We LOVED our BC cake the first time we went (illuminations fireworks birthday cruise 2003) I'd love to get something like that again (layered vanilla cake with chocolate mouse filling buttercream flowers)

DD's birthday is dec 1st mine is the 4th. I'm thinking of doing something just for her on her birthday (small) and doing something larger for the family on mine but I don't know what to put on it. 'my favorite gift is sharing a birthday with you' ? or skip it and just have flowers on it call it a day? :rotfl:

I'm thinking about ordering a cake on our upcoming trip for my husband who has been in Afghanistan for the last 10 months. He's missed our youngest's 2nd b-day, oldest's 1st day of school, our wedding anniversary, his 35th b-day and my 35th b-day. Thinking of an all-in-one cake! We have several table service meals planned but I don't know which one would be best to order for: Chef Mickey's dinner, 'Ohana dinner, Teppan Edo dinner, Boma dinner, H&V fantasmic dinner, Le Cellier lunch, Whispering Canyon dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast. Any suggestions from these restaurants? Is it possible to get a nicely decorated and yummy cake for $70 or less? Will the bakers have suggestions for decorating? It's only the 4 of us so we don't need a big cake. Also can I pay for the cake in advance? I don't want my husband getting the bill for the cake we just gave him, kind of takes away from the wow factor. Thanks :goodvibes

I'm thinking of doing something just for her on her birthday (small) and doing something larger for the family on mine but I don't know what to put on it. 'my favorite gift is sharing a birthday with you' ?

I think that's a really sweet sentiment! :goodvibes

We have several table service meals planned but I don't know which one would be best to order for: Chef Mickey's dinner, 'Ohana dinner, Teppan Edo dinner, Boma dinner, H&V fantasmic dinner, Le Cellier lunch, Whispering Canyon dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast. Any suggestions from these restaurants?

This page will tell you what your options are at each location: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/

Is it possible to get a nicely decorated and yummy cake for $70 or less?

Yes, depending on the size and whether you want fondant over the buttercream.

Will the bakers have suggestions for decorating?
Not really. If you have a specific idea in mind, it's best to send them a detailed description and a sketch/picture. If you don't specify, the decorations range from "supermarket style" to "Ace of Cakes" depending on which bakery makes it. Certain bakeries are better at taking the ball and running with it than others...

Also can I pay for the cake in advance? I don't want my husband getting the bill for the cake we just gave him, kind of takes away from the wow factor. Thanks :goodvibes

Usually the cake is added to the restaurant bill. Can you intercept it before he sees it? Or take the server aside an ask for it to be put on a separate bill just for you?

I thought I had an idea of what I was doing after skimming some of the threads and looking at pictures... I was wrong.
We will be in Disney Monday.. and I need to have a birthday cake ordered for my 2 daughters birthday (one cake) and wanted to spend under 100.00.

I have some ideas after looking at pictures

I called the GF and was told they couldnt do a cake for Epcot/Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

I cant figure out who to call - they told me they get the cakes from a Vendor now and to call 407 560 6395

Who can I call to get a tasty cake for my DD 4/6 year old birthday.

I am so sorry if I didn't read the thread with the info.. we leave Sunday and I have not even started to pack yet. Life has been moving full speed ahead despite me needing some breathing room.

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter