Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Anniversary cake ordered for our Citrico's dinner in a week!
Pat told me that my only cake options were yellow or chocolate. I was suprised as I remembered reading all the other flavors, but she said that now only the wedding and larger cakes could pick these out.
OK......how bout the filling? White or dark choc mousse, cream custard, choc or vanilla buttercream. the end. OK......
and then she said for a 6" cake there is 2 prices, for the buttercream it's $57, for the basic fondant, it's $66.

I begged her for a lemon cake with cream custard, vanilla buttercream, white fondant, stamped with gold mickeys. No topper, just flowers. She tells me they are only gum flowers. Can't I have some peach roses in buttercream? No.

And I wanted the traditional mickey foil stamps on the side of the cake.

This is when it really gets wierd.
She says, "4 mickey stamps on the side"
OK....I've seen alot of anniversary cake pictures and there's alot more than 4 mickey stamps.
She says, "Oh, but they are made of real gold and silver and cost $$$$ and if you get more than 4 I have to charge you alot more!"

you've got to be kidding me........:headache:

Guess we'll wait until the 4th to see what kind of anniversary cake the GF puts together for us! :confused:

The style is called "Mickey's Delight"... that was our wedding cake. It's powder. Don't let them fool you! :thumbsup2

The style is called "Mickey's Delight"... that was our wedding cake. It's powder. Don't let them fool you! :thumbsup2

Oh, thank you! Thank you for your post!:worship:

I called her back and requested the Mickey's Delight and the powder mickeys and she kept on saying the same thing, then said "ok, let me talk to the chef".
After a long hold (thank God for unlimited minutes) she came back and said the chef would be more than happy to do it for $66. :goodvibes
But, she insisted it had to be the silver mickeys. No problem here, I really didn't care.

$66 for a fondant anniversary cake sounds like a good deal to me from the GF.
I'll take it! :)

Lots of pics when I return!

Oh, thank you! Thank you for your post!:worship:

I called her back and requested the Mickey's Delight and the powder mickeys and she kept on saying the same thing, then said "ok, let me talk to the chef".
After a long hold (thank God for unlimited minutes) she came back and said the chef would be more than happy to do it for $66. :goodvibes
But, she insisted it had to be the silver mickeys. No problem here, I really didn't care.

$66 for a fondant anniversary cake sounds like a good deal to me from the GF.
I'll take it! :)

Lots of pics when I return!

Glad I can help! I'm actually hoping to get the same thing for my birthday :cloud9:

LOL I wonder what the big deal is about the gold mickeys? Geez!

Can't wait to see pics!

i'd love to see a pic of that cake too

does anyone have one?? we're going in 3 months and it sound good. might be something i might want t oorder.

is this it??

c3.jpg

it's beautiful - i've seen it before just didn't know the name of it.

$66 delivered to the Grand Floridian? I'm going to order it.

which number do I call and who do I speak with. all these cm's are on different pages.

I'm also guessing the Mickey and Minnie on top are extra - What could we put on top instead?

Yes, this is the cake I ordered, only NO TOPPER, only flowers.
The topper makes the price go UP! ::yes::

And, kurby, the cake is made at the GF, not delivered there. ;)
That's why I ordered it, as we're eating at Citrico's.

ohhhhh nice.

we have afternoon tea one day and Citricos for dinner the next - i'm thinking dinner is the best time then we have 7 days to finish it LOL

how big is it? 6 inch 4 layers, 8 inch or 10 inch.

there's only 3 of us -

and it will totally make up for our bomb of a wedding cake that our "professional" must have had her 4 year old make for us :(

ohhhhh nice.

we have afternoon tea one day and Citricos for dinner the next - i'm thinking dinner is the best time then we have 7 days to finish it LOL

how big is it? 6 inch 4 layers, 8 inch or 10 inch.

there's only 3 of us -

and it will totally make up for our bomb of a wedding cake that our "professional" must have had her 4 year old make for us :(

It is the 6" anniversary cake, 4 layers.

That is so sad about your wedding cake! :sad:

I ordered this cake for my 10th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago. We are staying at AKL so I ordered it from there. We are having it delivered to our room on May 2nd when we arrive. The cost I was quoted was $75 including the white chocolate Mickey & Minnie topper. I'm crossing my fingers that the picture that I sent them is what I will end up with.

is this it??

c3.jpg

it's beautiful - i've seen it before just didn't know the name of it.

$66 delivered to the Grand Floridian? I'm going to order it.

which number do I call and who do I speak with. all these cm's are on different pages.

I'm also guessing the Mickey and Minnie on top are extra - What could we put on top instead?

I'm trying to order a customized cake for my brothers 30th birthday. We would rather have it delivered to the room instead of to a restaurant. How do you get a hold of private dining without being on property? We are staying at BLT so I would have to talk to some one at the contemporary.
Melissa

It is the 6" anniversary cake, 4 layers.

That is so sad about your wedding cake! :sad:

tell me about it - it was a complete dessaster - 4 crappy layers of under cooked cake. yuck bye bye $800

this should make up for it.

6 inches - that'll be good - can't wait :)

Got my Anniversary cake ordered for our Citrico's dinner in a week!
Pat told me that my only cake options were yellow or chocolate. I was suprised as I remembered reading all the other flavors, but she said that now only the wedding and larger cakes could pick these out.
OK......how bout the filling? White or dark choc mousse, cream custard, choc or vanilla buttercream. the end. OK......
and then she said for a 6" cake there is 2 prices, for the buttercream it's $57, for the basic fondant, it's $66.

I begged her for a lemon cake with cream custard, vanilla buttercream, white fondant, stamped with gold mickeys. No topper, just flowers. She tells me they are only gum flowers. Can't I have some peach roses in buttercream? No.

And I wanted the traditional mickey foil stamps on the side of the cake.

This is when it really gets wierd.
She says, "4 mickey stamps on the side"
OK....I've seen alot of anniversary cake pictures and there's alot more than 4 mickey stamps.
She says, "Oh, but they are made of real gold and silver and cost $$$$ and if you get more than 4 I have to charge you alot more!"

you've got to be kidding me........:headache:

Guess we'll wait until the 4th to see what kind of anniversary cake the GF puts together for us! :confused:

I had a similar experience ordering an anniversary cake from Pat for my parents. She gave me a really hard time and kept saying she had never heard of stamped Mickeys, they didn't have a Donald, they couldn't be done in the "wave" pattern that I wanted, and the only flavor options were vanilla or chocolate..etc. It was one of the weirdest most circular conversations I have ever had. She would insist something couldn't be done, and then the next minute she would say it could be done. I felt like I was on one of those shows like Candid Camera that tries to make a person lose their cool really quickly by being totally absurd and illogical.

Anyway, my cake was about $71 and included the fondant, stamped characters, and the Mickey and Minnie white chocolate topper. The prices must have really gone up if you aren't getting a topper. I hope it all turns out beautiful and that all the frustration with Pat is worth it. 4 stamps is really weird. Hopefully, the decorator do them like they usually do! Good luck and I hope you get an awesome cake :)

Yummy!!! The Mickey's Delight looks gorgeous. What kind of cake can you get inside? Is it the chocolate or vanilla choice? The standard filling choices I've been reading? Can you get the custard filling with strawberries? And, one more, I promise, can you get the Mickey and Minnie in real chocolate? Not white? :hippie:

How do you get a hold of private dining without being on property? We are staying at BLT so I would have to talk to some one at the contemporary.

Just Google the Contemporary's phone number, and when you call and get an operator, ask to be transfered to Private Dining. :thumbsup2

Yummy!!! The Mickey's Delight looks gorgeous. What kind of cake can you get inside? Is it the chocolate or vanilla choice? The standard filling choices I've been reading? Can you get the custard filling with strawberries? And, one more, I promise, can you get the Mickey and Minnie in real chocolate? Not white? :hippie:

Although the GF Bakery has the ability to make dozens of different flavors for wedding cakes, it sounds like they're beginning to limit the choices for smaller cakes. So really the answers to all these questions can only be determined by Pat in Private Dining.

And if you call up and get answers you don't like, call back later using a different voice and see if you get any better ones. :rotfl:

Glad I can help! I'm actually hoping to get the same thing for my birthday :cloud9:

LOL I wonder what the big deal is about the gold mickeys? Geez!

Can't wait to see pics!

Do you (general you - not specifically the poster I quoted) think that Disney is now being "pickier" because of the increase in demand for "custom" cakes? I understand it takes a long time to bake and decorate the cakes but a lot of them are very simlar - I haven't really seen anyone ask for anything really crazy or out there at all that would take many, many hours of labor to decorate. (please don't anyone take that the wrong way) I'm just trying to figure out why else they'd be giving everyone such a hard time about ordering these cakes.... Same with the flavors - isn't it just as easy to make white as chocolate or whatever? I understand the less reqeusted cakes would be a bit more of a pain to have to make a smaller batch so I could see that as a possible down side on their end.

The only other thing I can think is that people who are paying the big money for the Disney weddings, vow renewals, whatever are getting upset because they thought they had a "special" or "unique" cake and anyone can call and order it through private dining/cake hotline. Maybe Disney's getting those types of complaints and complaints about the cakes they're already making so they're thinking it isn't a huge moneymaker for them if people are happy with the product so why try to improve it right now?? I don't know...just something I thought I'd throw out there.

I know we're ordering cakes/desserts for at least two meals on our upcoming trip and we've ordered in the past and had good luck so I'm hoping that continues. :goodvibes

i wonder that too.

i've never understood why some are so adamant about haven't the one and only or very few of.....

considering you're memories are special to you does it really matter if someone wants to buy the same or similar cake you had at your wedding.

you dont' know these other people and aren't going to their function.

if you want the same cake at your wedding i had at mine fine, if you want the same purse, jacket, car, whatever - go right ahead.

if someone is willing to pay the fee go right ahead.

as for the types - i thinks it may be more a case of CM's not being on the same page. Some say yes you can have xx flavour and others say no some say fondant others say just butter cream.

you'll find that in other areas too - yes you can do this vs no you can't

they really need to read for one book not 30 versions or even worse make something up because you don't know the answer and can't be bothered putting me on hold to go ask

As someone who had a Disney wedding, I don't think the "uniqueness" or "specialness" to past brides thing is a problem. I wouldn't give a rat's patootie if hundreds of people wanted a replica of my wedding cake! :lmao: I also think that the pastry chefs probably love getting requests for special cakes because they get a chance to be more creative. (Maybe CakeManBri will weigh in on this one... :teeth:)

I think the problem is, as Kurby said, that Disney is a huge organization and the right hand never seems to know what the left hand is doing. Ask a different cast member, get a different answer.

And then when you consider all the personalities involved—maybe the CM is having a bad day or gets 300 calls a day asking if it's possible to get the Cinderella Slipper dessert delivered to ESPN Zone—who knows? :cutie:

I would like to get a cake for my DS when we are in Disney July 4-10... We are staying at WL - what are my options?
We only have dining reservations at - Wolfgang Pucks, Kona Cafe, and LeCeliier. Do I have any options from one of those restaurants. My preference would be Wolfgang Pucks because we will be going back to the hotel after dinner. I haven't read of anyone ordering some type of cake at a DTD restaurant.
Thanks for the help! I love the camo cake - my DS woiuld flip over the cake. But I also want a smaller cake - there is only 3 of us! :)
Debbie

One more questions - does anyone know if the Pirate chest cake is still available in TS restuarants? It was definitely smaller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter