***Official DLR AUGUST 2022 Check-in Thread***

My DH, two daughters and I are spending 5 nights in California after a week in Maui, before flying home to Canada! Plans are to visit Universal Studios Hollywood, WB Studios Tour, and then 3 nights (Aug 15-18) at the Westin Anaheim Resort to visit the parks for two days! Can’t wait. We cancelled an amazing WDW planned trip in March 2020, the week the parks shut down for Covid. So this is our first trip since Summer 2019.

And today culminates the week long adventure of securing ADR's. That part is both simultaneously fun and stressful. I always say I will do less sit down and more quick service/go with the flow but then I get caught up in various sit downs and packages I feel we must have and then suddenly I'm headed down the rabbit hole.

We have 4 day park hoppers with Genie+ and also get DAS (will be doing the pre arrival DAS set up for the first time), We are also staying at the Grand Californian for the first time and are VERY excited.

we have: trader sams for arrival day, a WOC dessert party, River Belle for lunch for Fanstasmic party, Ogas reserved a few times (will most likely let one go once I solidify a day more, but would like to visit 2x), lamplight lounge and I am surprising my husband and daughter with the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge experience.
The last night is free of any plans for catching the fireworks over the castle (since once will be from the Fantastic viewing area and once will be from the skyline lounge) and for MSEP.

whew! I hope I planned ok. I get nervous/excited and once I''m there it's always amazing.

We have never been to SWGE yet, ever. Very excited! Should we rope drop that on day #1?
I completely feel the stressfulness of booking places and the unknown timeline for online booking for BB! (its a big birthday surprise, Im pulling off after waiting 2 years due to Covid).
I just looked up the TSL and it doesn't' show the menu selections do you know what is served for $60PP? Trying to find a birthday backup in case we can't get into BB! We also have Ogas, Carnation cafe, and few others booked thus far! Missing Steakhouse 55 it was a family favorite!

I completely feel the stressfulness of booking places and the unknown timeline for online booking for BB! (its a big birthday surprise, Im pulling off after waiting 2 years due to Covid).
I just looked up the TSL and it doesn't' show the menu selections do you know what is served for $60PP? Trying to find a birthday backup in case we can't get into BB! We also have Ogas, Carnation cafe, and few others booked thus far! Missing Steakhouse 55 it was a family favorite!
I’ll try to find it for you, but I know that there’s maybe three choices and that’s it. There’s some kind of like meatloaf sandwich, there is a veggie pasta, and then there’s a chicken Parmesan sandwich I think. And a choice of two desserts, I’ll find it and send it

8232A817-8813-4D21-BB29-5C3B9D998040.jpeg
From the DisneyFoodBlog

First time to DLR for my spouse’s surprise 50th birthday celebration, party of 3 with spouse & tween. First time to experience SW:GE because we missed it by a couple months on our last trip to WDW in 2019. I’ve been reading/watching everything I can re: Genie+ in attempt to maximize our experience. Kind of bummed about the Toontown closure, but hoping the short term closures/refurbs (looking at you, Nemo) will be completed by the time of our arrival.

8/8- Arrival, late lunch at Trader Sam’s, Downtown Disney, check in at Anaheim Majestic Garden
8/9- Rope drop DL, hoping for BB lunch, Oga’s in early evening
8/10- DCA, Wine Country Trattoria lunch WOC pkg, Trader Sam’s nightcap for me & local friend
8/11- DL, Oga’s midday, stay late for MSEP
8/12- Check out and depart for the rest of our trip

I have time to kill, (I am waiting on a friend , not a lady) so here is the loose plan so far. Got all the ADR’s I could for now, with a few alternates I will post here when cancelling.

All the ????? are things I am unsure of and would welcome input.

Trip August 1st through August 5th
Suite at Camelot Inn

August 1st (Half day) DCA
Arrive ~3:00PM
Main goal Carsland nighttime!
6:30 Lamplight Lounge
WOC? maybe if we can get a spot (No huge show people)
Park Hop at 9ish????
9:35pm Oga’s ?????

August 2 DL
Rope Drop
ROTR stand by (will ride again later with ILL
Breakfast at Ronto?
Enjoy Galaxy's Edge all morning
11:30am Oga’s
12:10pm Savi’s
1:15pm or 2:55pm Trader Sam’s (Which would you do?)
7:50PM Cafe Orleans (Fantasmic crowds???
Fireworks??? Where?

Continue on at DL till we drop

August 3rd DCA
Breakfast?? Where??? Rope drop DCA??
1:00pm Wine Country
6:30pm Catal (Travel time to Catal and back?)
Park Hop to DL????
Oga’s 9:05????
?

August 4th DL
8:00am Carnation Cafe
1:30pm La Brea (Travel Time? Better to just do QS????)
6:30pm or 9:05 pm Oga’s ????

GE at night.
Fireworks
2nd Parade

August 5th
Leave 6am for 11:30 Flight out of LAX??? Enough time?
On august 2nd: people who started in DCA can start park hopping at 1, so maybe I’d pick the 1:15 Trader Sams, just to get out of the park a little sooner and avoid the mad rush?

August 3rd: breakfast in DCA: Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe (aka Starbucks lol) has always been our solid go to for breakfast because the choices in DCA weren’t as vast as in DL. Now with Pym Test Kitchen there is a new option, but I’ve heard mixed reviews.

August 4th: Oga’s at 6:30 vs 9:05….are you planning on watching the fireworks from Galaxys edge? You get 45 min max in Oga’s, that puts you out at 9:50 if you use all your time (if you go to the 9:05 one). Fireworks start at 9:30
So maybe pick the 6:30 one depending on firework plans :)

First time to DLR for my spouse’s surprise 50th birthday celebration, party of 3 with spouse & tween. First time to experience SW:GE because we missed it by a couple months on our last trip to WDW in 2019. I’ve been reading/watching everything I can re: Genie+ in attempt to maximize our experience. Kind of bummed about the Toontown closure, but hoping the short term closures/refurbs (looking at you, Nemo) will be completed by the time of our arrival.

8/8- Arrival, late lunch at Trader Sam’s, Downtown Disney, check in at Anaheim Majestic Garden
8/9- Rope drop DL, hoping for BB lunch, Oga’s in early evening
8/10- DCA, Wine Country Trattoria lunch WOC pkg, Trader Sam’s nightcap for me & local friend
8/11- DL, Oga’s midday, stay late for MSEP
8/12- Check out and depart for the rest of our trip
That hotel has always intrigued me! Your trip sounds AMAZING! ❤️

I have a
August 1st 9:35pm Oga ADR, I will not need. If anyone wants to coordinate let me know over the next few days.

I have a
August 1st 9:35pm Oga ADR, I will not need. If anyone wants to coordinate let me know over the next few days.
How does one coordinate, just out of curiosity

I’ll be letting a couple ADRs go too eventually and I’d like to offer them here to my August people

How does one coordinate, just out of curiosity

I’ll be letting a couple ADRs go too eventually and I’d like to offer them here to my August people
Basically, you PM the person with a set time to cancel, and then that person can refresh and grab it first.
Its slightly more likely to get it than a random person.
Its worked in the past for me multiple times.

AlsO

August 2nd 1:55pm Trader Sams I will coordinate.

DH, myself and our youngest DD (leaving the older 2 at home lol) will be spending 2 weeks in California (doing Yosemite, Napa, San Francisco, Monterey & Carmel). The DLR portion of out trip is Aug 11-18. We are staying at the Element by Westin.

I have a Goofy’s Kitchen dinner booked for our arrival day at 7:30 pm but not sure if that is cutting it too close since we are driving down from San Jose and will likely make scenic stops along the way?
Park Days are:
12- DL
14- DCA (we have Storyteller Brunch & WOC dessert party booked)
16- DL (have River Belle Terrace booked for Fantasmic)
The 17th is DH’s b-day so have Napa Rose booked.

Our 2020 trip to WDW was cancelled due to covid but wanted to do more than just Disney so we decided to come to the west coast instead. It’s our DD’s first time going to DLR. We are excited😊!

Last edited:
New to this thread and I thought my 60 day window opened today as our package (hotel + theme park tickets) starts today but, I can only see our first day available for booking dining. Do dining reservations open 60 days from arrival or 60 days from first park reservation?

Also, can dining be booked 60 + length of stay or, only 60 days exactly. Sorry, DL is new to me so learning lots.

If I should be available to book dining today (60+2 and 60+3), any tips for getting MDE to recognize our dates? I'm signed in, it shows my name yet does not give me the option to book beyond exactly 60 days at this point. I've tried on both the app and using my laptop.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
New to this thread and I thought my 60 day window opened today as our package (hotel + theme park tickets) starts today but, I can only see our first day available for booking dining. Do dining reservations open 60 days from arrival or 60 days from first park reservation?

Also, can dining be booked 60 + length of stay or, only 60 days exactly. Sorry, DL is new to me so learning lots.

If I should be available to book dining today (60+2 and 60+3), any tips for getting MDE to recognize our dates? I'm signed in, it shows my name yet does not give me the option to book beyond exactly 60 days at this point. I've tried on both the app and using my laptop.

Unlike WDW for DL you have to book your dining reservations daily.

welcome! When are you coming and where are you staying so I can add you to the list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter