***Official DLR AUGUST 2022 Check-in Thread***

Traffic question from an out of towner: what time of day would be less painful to make the drive from DLR to Universal? I want to spend most of Wednesday 8/24 at DL/CA, and Thursday at Universal. We will switch hotels, but would you recommend making the drive Wednesday evening or early Thursday morning?

Newbie question: Are EMH only for Disney resort guests or Good Neighbour guests also?
I too am new to DLR after years of WDW vacations. I understood this benefit to be limited to DLH, CGH, and PPH guests only. Good neighbor hotels are not considered resort guests, but rather off-resort guests. Part of my understanding of the distinction also is born from the package return offering for onsite guests, that DLR will not ship/deliver purchases to Good Neighbor Hotels and rather will only ship to DLH, CGH and PPH.

I guess time will tell when TWDC provides more details. One thing that bothers me a lot about TWDC are announcements and details. So, last year TWDC announces MagicBand+ is going to be available at DLR in 2022. Since the announcements, there has been zero updates. I don't think it is unreasonable for TWDC to send out quarterly updates to guests with reservations and potential guests what's happening, but apparently TWDC thinks that proper marketing and advertising is teasing with little to no additional details. In this case, we have an announcement of a semi-new early entry program without a lot of specifics how it is changing from the old system and it is being implemented in 5 weeks, more or less. It seems to me that DLR ought to know what attractions and shows, what dining options and lands are open for early entry. I see no harm in announcing this information so that folks with reservations can plan their vacation better (if he/she/they so choose to dig deeper into planning).

I too am new to DLR after years of WDW vacations. I understood this benefit to be limited to DLH, CGH, and PPH guests only. Good neighbor hotels are not considered resort guests, but rather off-resort guests. Part of my understanding of the distinction also is born from the package return offering for onsite guests, that DLR will not ship/deliver purchases to Good Neighbor Hotels and rather will only ship to DLH, CGH and PPH.

I guess time will tell when TWDC provides more details. One thing that bothers me a lot about TWDC are announcements and details. So, last year TWDC announces MagicBand+ is going to be available at DLR in 2022. Since the announcements, there has been zero updates. I don't think it is unreasonable for TWDC to send out quarterly updates to guests with reservations and potential guests what's happening, but apparently TWDC thinks that proper marketing and advertising is teasing with little to no additional details. In this case, we have an announcement of a semi-new early entry program without a lot of specifics how it is changing from the old system and it is being implemented in 5 weeks, more or less. It seems to me that DLR ought to know what attractions and shows, what dining options and lands are open for early entry. I see no harm in announcing this information so that folks with reservations can plan their vacation better (if he/she/they so choose to dig deeper into planning).
Good morning! I hear you on the teasing and lack of details.
I did see that the attractions and dining options for EE were listed sometime recently:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/early-admission-options/

What’s Available at the Theme Parks​

During early entry admission, enjoy the following offerings.
Disneyland Park Attractions
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Astro Orbitor
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • Disneyland Monorail
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • King Arthur Carrousel
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
  • Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
  • Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
  • Space Mountain
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Disneyland Park Dining and Shopping
  • Fantasyland Fruit Cart
  • Galactic Grill
  • Guide II
  • Esplanade Stroller Shop
  • The Mad Hatter in Fantasyland
  • Market House
  • Plaza Inn
Disney California Adventure Park Attractions
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission BREAKOUT!
  • Incredicoaster
  • The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
  • Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
  • Soarin' Around the World
  • WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
Disney California Adventure Park Dining and Shopping
  • Cappuccino Cart
  • The Collector’s Warehouse
  • Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
  • Fillmore’s Taste-In
  • Knick’s Knacks
  • Oswald's
  • WEB Suppliers

Good morning! I hear you on the teasing and lack of details.
I did see that the attractions and dining options for EE were listed sometime recently:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/early-admission-options/

What’s Available at the Theme Parks​

During early entry admission, enjoy the following offerings.
Disneyland Park Attractions
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Astro Orbitor
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • Disneyland Monorail
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • King Arthur Carrousel
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
  • Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
  • Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
  • Space Mountain
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Disneyland Park Dining and Shopping
  • Fantasyland Fruit Cart
  • Galactic Grill
  • Guide II
  • The Mad Hatter in Fantasyland
  • Market House
  • Plaza Inn
Disney California Adventure Park Attractions
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission BREAKOUT!
  • Incredicoaster
  • The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
  • Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
  • Soarin' Around the World
  • WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
Disney California Adventure Park Dining and Shopping
  • Cappuccino Cart
  • The Collector’s Warehouse
  • Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
  • Fillmore’s Taste-In
  • Knick’s Knacks
  • Oswald's
  • WEB Suppliers
Thank you for this information. I stand corrected.

Newbie question: Are EMH only for Disney resort guests or Good Neighbour guests also?
In the past you could have one “magic morning” regardless of where you stayed, as long as you had a qualifying ticket, which was a three day ticket or greater I believe

“Early entry” was for Disney hotel guests

The starting park for these perks were
Disneyland: Tuesday, Thursday or saturday
DCA: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Now it appears that Early Morning Hour is ONLY for Disney hotel guests and isn’t quite an hour, at 30 minutes
And looks like either park can be the starting park

Attachments

• 98C2B951-C974-447F-938A-BCFC35A588D7.jpeg
    98C2B951-C974-447F-938A-BCFC35A588D7.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 4

Just added you!

Have a great trip, we overlap! We get there 2 days before you and leave 2 days sooner

Get all the dining and reservations you wanted?

Thanks!! We'll see you there, lol.

I got everything except for the elusive River Belle Terrace Premium Fantasmic reservation. I keep checking a thousand times a day just in case..... 😂

August trip coming up! Wife and myself
8/28-8/31 - BWPPI
8/31-9/3 - VGC

Have had this trip planned since last fall staying offsite. Went to WDW in December - loved it - and decided to buy DVC. April I bid on a Boardwalk resale contract (saved $100 per point vs Direct) that luckily passed ROFR and I got my DVC account June 1st. Contract had some 2022 points left and with our next WDW trip not until December 2023 we decided to try and see if we could get a night at Grand Cal DVC side.

Having heard how hard it is to score even one night and being only a few months out we didn't hold out much hope but put in a couple waitlist for the first and last night of our trip. Then started checking the website a few times a day. Well on June 8th found a Studio for 9/1-9/2. On June 11th found a 1 bedroom for 8/31-9/1. And on June 18th the waitlist for the last night 9/2-9/3 came in. So now we have three nights at VGC! I feel like I got very very lucky. And still hoping for more lighting strikes to get my Studio waitlist for 8/31-9/1 to replace the 1 bedroom and save a few points (wow that VGC summer points chart is not kidding).

And now get the unexpected bonus of the early entry perk too!

Any ideas on how or if the park hours shift around mid Aug? The entertainment calendar right now goes out to Aug 12 with "summer hours".

Edited to note they have updated the August entertainment calendar up to now show 2 shows for WOC (where it was just 1 noted a couple days ago).

When I started reserving dining for Aug 29, then checking my app, it defaults to 9am to 9pm DL hours...which seems wrong. But now if I check on WOC party for Aug 30, it provides 2 times as they have it now.

The uncertainty makes me itchy.

Last edited:
August trip coming up! Wife and myself
8/28-8/31 - BWPPI
8/31-9/3 - VGC

Have had this trip planned since last fall staying offsite. Went to WDW in December - loved it - and decided to buy DVC. April I bid on a Boardwalk resale contract (saved $100 per point vs Direct) that luckily passed ROFR and I got my DVC account June 1st. Contract had some 2022 points left and with our next WDW trip not until December 2023 we decided to try and see if we could get a night at Grand Cal DVC side.

Having heard how hard it is to score even one night and being only a few months out we didn't hold out much hope but put in a couple waitlist for the first and last night of our trip. Then started checking the website a few times a day. Well on June 8th found a Studio for 9/1-9/2. On June 11th found a 1 bedroom for 8/31-9/1. And on June 18th the waitlist for the last night 9/2-9/3 came in. So now we have three nights at VGC! I feel like I got very very lucky. And still hoping for more lighting strikes to get my Studio waitlist for 8/31-9/1 to replace the 1 bedroom and save a few points (wow that VGC summer points chart is not kidding).

And now get the unexpected bonus of the early entry perk too!
We'll be at the VGC the same nights - still holding out hope to upgrade from a one bedroom to a two bedroom though as Grandma is now coming, and I don't want to put her on the pullout, but also don't want it for myself. The point chart is killer, but oh well, we don't make it out to Disneyland often and excited to try out the GC.

Enjoy your first DVC trip!

This is my first trip back to Disneyland since switching coasts 10 years ago 😁 It's also my daughter's first visit. We were booked for Candy Cane Inn, but we were cancelled due to the renovations so will be at Grand Legacy (July 30-August 5). Not sure what to expect besides walking convenience.

Any insights on how park entry works? I'm used to MagicBands at WDW. Is it a physical ticket needed? What about for Genie+?

This is my first trip back to Disneyland since switching coasts 10 years ago 😁 It's also my daughter's first visit. We were booked for Candy Cane Inn, but we were cancelled due to the renovations so will be at Grand Legacy (July 30-August 5). Not sure what to expect besides walking convenience.

Any insights on how park entry works? I'm used to MagicBands at WDW. Is it a physical ticket needed? What about for Genie+?
Most everything is Mobile app based, including your first entry. Get the Disneyland app, sign in with your disney account where you will have all your reservations/tickets for your party linked. Get it ahead of time so you can play around and get used to it.

Genie is integrated into the app. You can set up the "free" part that makes "recommendations". But Genie+ would be in that same app.

Last year, after we scanned our phone e-tickets, they gave us physical tickets with our name. They took our pics as well to map to our ticket. We then used the physical ticket for our remaining days entry to either park.

I suppose you could print everything out from emails and such...hassle though. But you'll want the app for genie+ and mobile ordering. It's a heavy phone usage system, we always bring back up batteries chargers.

We'll be at the VGC the same nights - still holding out hope to upgrade from a one bedroom to a two bedroom though as Grandma is now coming, and I don't want to put her on the pullout, but also don't want it for myself. The point chart is killer, but oh well, we don't make it out to Disneyland often and excited to try out the GC.

Enjoy your first DVC trip!
That point chart is a killer for sure! Hope you get your 2 BDR

Have a reservation on August 18th for Oga's and reservations for August 19th and 21st for Lamplight lounge that I will be unable to attend. Anyone interested please let me know and I will try to coordinate.

Have a reservation on August 18th for Oga's and reservations for August 19th and 21st for Lamplight lounge that I will be unable to attend. Anyone interested please let me know and I will try to coordinate.
That’s so sweet. I think as it gets closer I will be releasing some as well…when other plans are cemented in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter