**Official DLR August Check In Thread 2.0**

One night of total escape from reality: August 14th Grand Californian
The lofty goals are: half day cabana, lots of meals at Craftsman, Tea Party and maybe if we are up to it, shopping in Downtown Disney. Mostly going to eat and drink at Craftsman. :drinking1
Love this!! Have a blast. We love Craftsman!!

Can we please be added to the list. This is our third reschedule trip. We are keeping our fingers crossed and are cautiously optimistic. August 10 - 12th DLH

OK so now it looks like the parks will be open for our late August trip, now I just need our hotel (DLH) to be open!

It is being rumored that the DLH won't be reopened until 10/01/20. Other people are posting that they are being allowed to move their DLH reservations over to the other on site hotels.

Hello August people! I am going to try to get the thread all updated today if I have time. I am currently on hold with Disney's Costco Travel group to try and sort out our hotel. But it looks like this just might happen!!

Hello August people! I am going to try to get the thread all updated today if I have time. I am currently on hold with Disney's Costco Travel group to try and sort out our hotel. But it looks like this just might happen!!

I have to call myself but our DLH stay is a surprise for my daughter (celebrating her 20th birthday) and since she's always around, it's hard. I may go for a drive and call from a parking lot. Let us know what they say/do.

We have 8/19-8/29 trip planned. Original plan was two days at DL. I did not buy tickets because of all the uncertainty and we are coming from Ohio. I just booked two- one night stays at Paradise Pier. One at the start of our trip and one at the end. I hope that increases the chances of being able to get tickets. I just want at least 1 day! We have never been to DL before.

Please take me off of the list. Even if the park is open this August, I will not be going. It's just not worth the risk to me.

Well that was pretty easy! I was on hold for about 35 minutes and then the nicest CM came on the line. She looked over my dates and reservation for the DLH and then told me I was eligible to upgrade to the GCH at no additional charge. So I said yes, because when pixie dust is sprinkled you grab it! It took another hour so make the changes and add a guest to our room, but I am not complaining. So we are so going. We have no reason not to unless we can't get a reservation. I am hoping that as AP (albeit Flex) holders and staying on property that won't be an issue. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Well that was pretty easy! I was on hold for about 35 minutes and then the nicest CM came on the line. She looked over my dates and reservation for the DLH and then told me I was eligible to upgrade to the GCH at no additional charge. So I said yes, because when pixie dust is sprinkled you grab it! It took another hour so make the changes and add a guest to our room, but I am not complaining. So we are so going. We have no reason not to unless we can't get a reservation. I am hoping that as AP (albeit Flex) holders and staying on property that won't be an issue. But we'll just have to wait and see.
I am on hold now! I hope we can get the same thing. We are booked 8/2-8/5. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the update. I'll be calling in a bit.

YAY! Even if this all a little wonky and not like a normal trip we can stay we got upgraded due to a pandemic :)
Totally! We would probably NEVER stay at the GCH normally, the DLH for us was a BIG splurge. So I am looking at it like that. Also looking at it as an excuse to book another trip at the DLH at some point. We REALLY want to use the monorail slides at the pool! LOL. Someday I will get there ;)

Hoping the pools will be open when we go. Has anyone heard?

I just got my DLH August 9-11 trip moved to GCH. This will be our first stay at GCH. We always stay at DLH because the kids love the DCL pools.
I meant the kids love the DLH pools. I had our DCL trip on my mind, we’ll see if it gets canceled. 😔

Just called to have our Aug 9-13 DLH reservation switched over. The automated voice prompt had a selection for reservations before Aug 18th. I was transferred to a CM immediately and the reservation was switched over to the GCH in about two minutes. The rep said the confirmation would show a price difference but that it would be changed back to the original price we were quoted from the DLH within 24hrs.

We're switched over to the GCH as well. It took me 2.5 hours to get it done, 10 minutes with initial CM who picked up immediately, little over 2 hours on hold, 20 minutes with the last CM, but it's done. I've never stayed there so it should be fun.

Ok, I've updated the list and updated hotels where applicable. That was surreal putting GCH behind my own name. Never in a million years...

I will also try to start keeping some important links on the second post as they become available...like when Disney lets us know what the reservation plans will be, etc. If you have suggestions let me know and I can put them there, for easy finding as people need them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter