***Official DLR June 2021 Check In Thread***

My son and I will be in Disneyland June 20. Not sure where we are staying yet but we will be back June 30 staying at Castle Inn and Suites. This thread has lots of great information, thanks!

Welcome , oooh 2 trips, how fun :)

My first post! I have been following these boards for a few weeks. Everyone is so friendly and helpful! It has been invaluable to helping me plan our upcoming trip. We are former AP holders (years ago) but we live in a different part of the state now. Our last visit to DL was summer 2019 when GE first opened. This will be our first experience without PH tickets. Add in BG, virtual queues, no MaxPass, no trams, reduced capacity, dining reservations! Oh my! It is such a different experience this time!

We will finally be there this this weekend. Yay! 6/11 at Disneyland, and 6/12 at CA. Staying at Castle Inn. Can't wait!

Welcome , glad to hear its been a help for your planning. Things have changed a lot since 2019 but I'm sure you will still have a great time.

Thanks for everyone’s trip reports! We leave tomorrow night and I’m getting super excited!

Does anyone know where to get a birthday button? Assuming they’re even giving them out. I’ll be celebrating my birthday there for the first time and would love a button.

Any suggestion for what time to line up on the Harbor side? We’re staying in the Best Western right across the street. I mentioned 7:30 to my family, and they weren’t super happy, so I think that’s probably the earliest I can negotiate lol

We got a birthday button and graduation button from the Guest Services on Main Street. I believe most guest services kiosks and some stores have them.

Thanks for everyone’s trip reports! We leave tomorrow night and I’m getting super excited!

Does anyone know where to get a birthday button? Assuming they’re even giving them out. I’ll be celebrating my birthday there for the first time and would love a button.

Any suggestion for what time to line up on the Harbor side? We’re staying in the Best Western right across the street. I mentioned 7:30 to my family, and they weren’t super happy, so I think that’s probably the earliest I can negotiate lol

We got a first visit button on opening weekend. We had to go to the picnic area next to City Hall on the left hand side after you enter. I don't know if they have changed that, but there were a ton of plaids over there and they should be able to help.

Please let me know what you find because when we go back in 2 weeks we'll need to get a birthday button for my daughter. Thanks!

We got a first visit button on opening weekend. We had to go to the picnic area next to City Hall on the left hand side after you enter. I don't know if they have changed that, but there were a ton of plaids over there and they should be able to help.

Please let me know what you find because when we go back in 2 weeks we'll need to get a birthday button for my daughter. Thanks!

Thank you! Sure, I will report back.

My 9 year old son and I will be in Anaheim June 19-21. We will use 1 day of our 3 day park hopper tickets on June 20. We will use the other 2 days in early July.
We are staying at Hilton Garden Inn Garden Grove. I know the walk is super far and the recent reviews are not the greatest but I got an amazing deal and, wanting to do a few more short trips this year, I went with the small price tag, not sure how smart that was but fingers crossed it will be ok. Looks like it won't be quite as hot on our park day (next Sunday).

Oops never posted here I don't think !

Flying out tomorrow night into SNA.
Will be at the parks June 16th - June 19th.
Got a killer deal on Hotwire for Hilton Garden Inn Garden Grove for $38/night..so under $200 for 4 nights. I'll just uber everywhere haha.

Have reservations for Blue Bayou , Lamplight Lounge, Oga's Cantina , Wine Country Trattoria , Napa Rose , Alfresco Tasting Terrace, Carthay Circle Alfresco dining and GCH Craftsman bar.

Very excited that the mask restrictions are lifted too , was originally going to be there last week but happy about plan changes now !

My 9 year old son and I will be in Anaheim June 19-21. We will use 1 day of our 3 day park hopper tickets on June 20. We will use the other 2 days in early July.
We are staying at Hilton Garden Inn Garden Grove. I know the walk is super far and the recent reviews are not the greatest but I got an amazing deal and, wanting to do a few more short trips this year, I went with the small price tag, not sure how smart that was but fingers crossed it will be ok. Looks like it won't be quite as hot on our park day (next Sunday).

Haha I think we got the same deal ! Found it on Hotwire hot deal and honestly if i can lay my head and shower I'll be happy this trip. I figured I can uber back and forth and still save a ton.

I'm there June 15th - June 19th so can report back!

Haha I think we got the same deal ! Found it on Hotwire hot deal and honestly if i can lay my head and shower I'll be happy this trip. I figured I can uber back and forth and still save a ton.

I'm there June 15th - June 19th so can report back!
Hi, thanks for replying! I would love to hear back and hope your trip is magical and amazing!

Hi, thanks for replying! I would love to hear back and hope your trip is magical and amazing!

Thank you! So arrived here around 11pm due to flight delays..Google southwest issues lol.

Front desk clerk was really.pleasant and checked me.in quickly, no issues.

Have a room.on the 5th floor ( there are 6) , facing the parking lot so away from the street , works for me ! Room.was fresh and clean upon entering , no issues that I saw. Microwave and refrigerator which are nice , standard amenities.
Bed is comfy , a bit firm but I prefer it that way anyway. AC is keeping room very comfortable, and shower was VERY hot which is always awesome.

No regrets about my $38 a night hotel :)

Thank you! So arrived here around 11pm due to flight delays..Google southwest issues lol.

Have a room.on the 5th floor ( there are 6) , facing the parking lot so away from the street , works for me ! Room.was fresh and clean upon entering , no issues that I saw. Microwave and refrigerator which are nice , standard amenities.
Bed is comfy , a bit firm but I prefer it that way anyway. AC is keeping room very comfortable, and shower was VERY hot which is always awesome.

Yay! I am so glad the hotel is working well. Thanks so much for the update!

I have stayed there years ago and found it nice. Are you taking Uber to Harbor or DTD? Where do they drop for DTD?

I have stayed there years ago and found it nice. Are you taking Uber to Harbor or DTD? Where do they drop for DTD?

I took uber to DTD and never have before haha, so ended up near the cast members lot across from mickey and friends I think..so just got out and walked to DTD. Funny story I walked past the DTD walkway at first so doubeld back so already got my steps in before even getting inside lol.

So DTD security was walk thru , no line at about 8:15am. Got in line after a slow walk through DTD and was at rope drop at 8:55am AFTER making a quick stop at a store on main Street and getting a locker. Rope drop is back fyi.

Honestly may try harbor early tomorrow but will see how I feel. I planned to arrive by 6am but was way too tired lol.

Well, Friends. I need some real talk from people in the parks this week.

My 20 yo son, who is on the spectrum, is upset at masks and social distancing ending. He no longer feels comfortable going. But my 15 yo daughter was really excited to go. And I was excited, too.

We are currently deciding whether or not to cancel. I told him I thought it might still be a good time to go because capacity is still reduced, so maybe the crowd will be decent. Both kids insist we will wear masks, even though all of us are fully vaccinated. I don't think it's necessary, but will do it if they are more comfortable.

Our priorities are Space/Splash/ROTR/Indy/BTM/GRR/Mission Breakout/Pooh/Smuggler's Run/Pirates/Soarin'/Incredicoaster

I have 5 day passes and reservations June 21, 22, 23, 25, 26. If we did all the above rides once a day and got some good food, we would be happy.

We do mostly Counter Service. I have multiple reservations at Ogas, Lamplight, and Wine Country, but may cancel the two sit down restaurants because my kids aren't really restaurant people when there are rides to be had.

I have reservations at Desert Inn and Suites. Willing to take a Lyft to DTD entrance if Harbor continues to be chaos. I'm looking at the wait times and they range from 15-40 minutes right now. It looks good from the outside.

Talk to me. What's it really like there now.

P.S. If I cancel I won't be out any money. I think I have until Midnight tomorrow to not lose money on the hotel. I can use the Parkhoppers for our next trip. Alaska Airlines has great policies now for flight changes. I just have to remember to cancel all the dining reservations and the Supershuttle to LAX.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter