Official Dopey 2018 Thread

Marathon Weekend Goals:
  1. Complete Dopey in an upright position
  2. Set a great PR on my first marathon - at least 6:59:59 or faster!
  3. To go sloooooow on the 5K, 10K, and HM -- 15 minute mile pace, so I dont burn myself too early
  4. Take all of the pictures.

This is a different type of race challenge for me and I have to remind myself constantly: It's not about time but an experience. The challenge itself is the logistics and stamina - the race part is the easiest really. It's getting up at 330am for four mornings in a row. ;)

So grateful to have my husband on cheer and support squad. Mile 13 of the marathon will be amazing: new shoes, new fuel belt, Mickey Pretzel, a beer, and a hug! He said we can book Victoria and Alberts to celebrate a job well done. :D

We picked up an inspirational Dopey over this past failed Donald 1/2 to prepare for 2018. He recently moved next to the tv, where he sits in judgment of us and demands his sacrificial miles... o_O:laughing:

PicsArt_02-19-07.08.33.jpg

Um, all the parks of course! We did, they get heavy lugging around ( I put them each in a sock so they don't bash each other in the backpack), but it's fun & make great pics. If I just picked one I would pick EPCOT, in front of the fountain & spacehip earth, though since that is where you go through in all 4 races.

Great idea about the sock!

We picked up an inspirational Dopey over this past failed Donald 1/2 to prepare for 2018. He recently moved next to the tv, where he sits in judgment of us and demands his sacrificial miles... o_O:laughing:

PicsArt_02-19-07.08.33.jpg

This made me laugh soooo much. My husband bought me a dopey and I feel like he does the same thing..except mine has the diamond and axe abs looks a bit angry. At least yours is friendly about it lol.

Well, I've been talking about doing a RunDisney event for a couple years now. 2018 being the anniversary year I was heavily leaning towards it.

Last week I was on vacation and made sure to get the link on opening day. I bit the bullet and registered for the Dopey. Figured, if I only get to do 1 Disney Run weekend, may as well do them all LOL

What have I done :smickey:

Does anyone know when Disney opens online booking for our Race dates? And does anyone have experience, from past WDW Marathon weekends of waiting until the summer (or thereabouts) to book an on property stay?

Does anyone know when Disney opens online booking for our Race dates? And does anyone have experience, from past WDW Marathon weekends of waiting until the summer (or thereabouts) to book an on property stay?
You can book a room over the phone 499 days in advance. To book online and a package you need to wait until they release them which is usually in June/July.

I booked All-Star Sports in July last year with no problem.

And if you're looking for a specific location, go ahead and book it and pay the deposit (first night's cost). Then, after the discounts come out, you can call and change the 'room only' to a 'package' or whatever the discount holds.

Brian

We usually book marathon weekend through a travel agent. We book through one that doesn't offer a package with bibs as we find their rooms tend to be less expensive. We have the contemporary booked for this year and we found the price this way was about $60 a night less than if we booked through one of the other travel providers. If room discounts come that are better than what we have closer to the race time the travel agent rebooks the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter