Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

On EMH mornings, the MK Welcome Show is, in fact, an abbreviated version.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Thanks for confirming! I've already found a way to change my plans for a non EMH morning to see the show! The question now is what time should I plan on leaving Star Island to make it for the show? I'd assume the traffic getting into the TTC parking lot is jammed at that time. Am I better off parking at Epcot & taking the monorail to MK from there to avoid the parking lot traffic? Now that I'll be going into MK right after the show I don't think I'd park at a resort.

Thanks for confirming! I've already found a way to change my plans for a non EMH morning to see the show! The question now is what time should I plan on leaving Star Island to make it for the show? I'd assume the traffic getting into the TTC parking lot is jammed at that time. Am I better off parking at Epcot & taking the monorail to MK from there to avoid the parking lot traffic? Now that I'll be going into MK right after the show I don't think I'd park at a resort.

I don't know the area you are coming from, so can't give you a precise time to leave. But for a 9am opening, you probably want to be there by 8:30, or before. I would leave the hotel by 7:30ish...that way you can get to TTC and park so you can be on either the monorail or ferry by 8:10 or so.

I would leave around 7:45. I'm not sure exactly when you're going, but I doubt traffic is going to be an issue.

Parking at Epcot will take way longer.

I don't know the area you are coming from, so can't give you a precise time to leave. But for a 9am opening, you probably want to be there by 8:30, or before. I would leave the hotel by 7:30ish...that way you can get to TTC and park so you can be on either the monorail or ferry by 8:10 or so.

I would leave around 7:45. I'm not sure exactly when you're going, but I doubt traffic is going to be an issue.

Parking at Epcot will take way longer.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Hi. We will be staying at OKW in January and have an 8am ADR at 1900 PF for our departure day. I am guessing that a cab is easiest and quickest but my daughter loves riding the bus. If we take a cab, how long will it take and are there any restrictions to how many people fit in one cab (we are 5)? Approximate cost? Also what is the best option for taking the bus (or other Disney transportation) early in the morning? Thanks in advance!!

Hi. We will be staying at OKW in January and have an 8am ADR at 1900 PF for our departure day. I am guessing that a cab is easiest and quickest but my daughter loves riding the bus. If we take a cab, how long will it take and are there any restrictions to how many people fit in one cab (we are 5)? Approximate cost? Also what is the best option for taking the bus (or other Disney transportation) early in the morning? Thanks in advance!!

Taxi vans are plentiful and can hold u to 7 passengers. Just have bell services call one up for you. You can look up estimated taxi fare and travel time at taxifarefinder.com

If you take the bus, you'll need to take it to MK and then take the monorail to the Poly. I would be waiting at the bus stop at 6:30.

Taxi vans are plentiful and can hold u to 7 passengers. Just have bell services call one up for you. You can look up estimated taxi fare and travel time at taxifarefinder.com

If you take the bus, you'll need to take it to MK and then take the monorail to the Poly. I would be waiting at the bus stop at 6:30.

Great! Thanks for the quick reply.

Yesterday at WL while waiting for an Epcot bus around 8:30 a.m., a bus pulled up and said "Grand Floridian and Downtown Disney!"

My parents are headed to the GF for 10:30 a.m. tea time. Is it possible to ride this bus directly? It's raining steadily at the moment and they wanted to avoid the boat if possible.

Yesterday at WL while waiting for an Epcot bus around 8:30 a.m., a bus pulled up and said "Grand Floridian and Downtown Disney!"

My parents are headed to the GF for 10:30 a.m. tea time. Is it possible to ride this bus directly? It's raining steadily at the moment and they wanted to avoid the boat if possible.

Well, it's too late for your parents' benefit, but for the record:

Buses to DTD and DAK from WL normally do stop at GF on the way to their destination, but I've never seen GF on the marquee. So either the route program changed recently, or the bus had a computer that wasn't working and the driver was clever when manually setting the destination.

The answer is yes, you can ride a DTD or DAK bus from WL to GF, but always ask the driver first, because if the bus fills up at WL it may skip GF. Buses may also occasionally be dispatched on non-standard routes to balance out loads.

Even if GF is on the marquee when the bus arrives at WL, I would let the driver know where you're going just to be safe.

My parents took the traditional route: boat to CR, monorail to GF. For the record, though, I saw another GF-DTD-WL this morning, and this time the driver exited, called out, "Grand Floridian and Downtown Disney!" and got on board again.

Friends,

1) i will be traveling with my 10 month old & 6 year old.
Can you advise us how to move around within AK...

2) I have a very early Chef Mickeys at 7:20 AM.
I stay in Pop Century. How can i get to Chef Mickeys from Pop Century, this early. What time will be the first bus from Pop Century to MK. I am planning to walk to contemporary resort from MK.

Thanks,
Geeth

First bus approximately 6:30 AM. Be out waiting for the bus befkre that, next bus won't be until about 7. Tell the driver you need to get to the Contemporary and ask what the best way is to get there.

Okay guys...lets see if we can organize any and all quetions pertaining to transportation within WDW here. It may help others to know exactly where to go to get the best info.
I expect to see lots of good info here everyone. But, not looking for debates on rental car vs buses. Basically how to get around using Disney transportation only.
Thanks..and have at it!!!:boat::drive::tiptoe::teleport:

I'll start with this one.....(thanks MagicBus)

Bus & Monorail Park to Park Transportation

From MK to:
AK, bus at MK bus stop
DHS, bus at MK bus stop
Epcot, Monorail from TTC

From Epcot to:
AK, bus stop #5
DHS, bus stop #9
TTC/MK, Monorail

From DHS to:
AK, bus stop #7
Epcot, bus stop #7 in the Charter lot
MK, bus stop #? (maybe 11)

From AK to:
DHS, bus stop #15
Epcot bus stop #13
MK, bus stop #?(maybe 14)

There is also boat transportation between DHS & Epcot.
Do I understand this correct? If I have the Park Hopper I can go to the various parks using this schedule of buses and therefore don't have to change my parking spot? I'll be there over the busy Xmas and don't want to go from 1 park to another and it be closed? Does the Ferry only go between DHS and Epcot? Is there time frames involved as to when they travel eg. AK to MK you say maybe bus 14 would they run every 15 mins or hour, what is the schedule? Thanks appreciate any advise.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
No bus numbers. Buses come about every twenty minutes all day.
You might want to leave your car at the last park you'll be visiting and head to your first park from there using available transportation.

Your wonderful wisdom and guidance is needed (no car so using only park transportation) ...

1. What to take and when to leave Epcot to Grand Floridian for 6:40pm ressie at 1900 PF. Then back to Epcot for IllumiNations at 8:40pm with FP+. Also, is that enough time to eat and travel back to Epcot?

2. What to take and when to leave AK to Wyndam Resort to pick up rental car by 5 p.m. My last FP is Finding Nemo at 12:30pm.

Thanks!

I have a 8am ADR at Kona Cafe and I will be traveling from AKL. MK doesn't open til 9am that day. I am thinking of taking the bus to MK and then taking the monorail. Good idea? Also, what time should I be at the bus stop at AKL? Thank you!

Your wonderful wisdom and guidance is needed (no car so using only park transportation) ...

1. What to take and when to leave Epcot to Grand Floridian for 6:40pm ressie at 1900 PF. Then back to Epcot for IllumiNations at 8:40pm with FP+. Also, is that enough time to eat and travel back to Epcot?

2. What to take and when to leave AK to Wyndam Resort to pick up rental car by 5 p.m. My last FP is Finding Nemo at 12:30pm.

Thanks!

1. Monorail to TTC, monorail to GF, leave park (not last attraction) by 5:30. Thenmonorail to TTC, monorail to Epcot. Probably notenough time, so consider a taxi to Beach Club and enter Epcot through the International Gateway.

2. First call the rental agency and see if they offer free pickup. If yes, ask what time they suggest picking you up. If not, taxi by 3:30.

I have a 8am ADR at Kona Cafe and I will be traveling from AKL. MK doesn't open til 9am that day. I am thinking of taking the bus to MK and then taking the monorail. Good idea? Also, what time should I be at the bus stop at AKL? Thank you!

Excellent idea. 7 AM or a few minutes earlier. But tell the bus driver you actually need to get to the Polynesian and ask the best way to get there.

1. Monorail to TTC, monorail to GF, leave park (not last attraction) by 5:30. Thenmonorail to TTC, monorail to Epcot. Probably notenough time, so consider a taxi to Beach Club and enter Epcot through the International Gateway.

2. First call the rental agency and see if they offer free pickup. If yes, ask what time they suggest picking you up. If not, taxi by 3:30.

You're flipping awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter