Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Direct bus from/to CR, but not TTC.

Thanks...the 90 minutes of travel time scared me...and that we would have to switch buses, wait, etc. Think it's pretty easy getting to Contemporary Resort from TTC by monorail so not a big deal.
Thanks.

One of my favorite things about Disneyland California was staying at the Disneyland Hotel and walking through Downtown Disney several times a day because it was only a hop skip and a jump away from our room and the parks. We never go to Disney Springs because it is too much trouble.

Thanks...the 90 minutes of travel time scared me...and that we would have to switch buses, wait, etc. Think it's pretty easy getting to Contemporary Resort from TTC by monorail so not a big deal.
Thanks.
No. Contemporary is the fourth/final monorail stop before it gets back to the TTC.

Monorail or walk to the Polynesian to get a bus to Disney Springs.

Bus from Disney Springs to Contemporary to take the monorail one stop back to the TTC.

Bus 10-15 minutes. If time matters, I would walk, or boat to Boardwalk. Or boat to Dolphin/Swan and walk to BW. Skyliner, you have to go from DHS to CBR, then transfer to the Epcot line, then walk or boat to BW (it's the first stop on the Friendship after leaving International Gateway).

No. Contemporary is the fourth/final monorail stop before it gets back to the TTC.

Monorail or walk to the Polynesian to get a bus to Disney Springs.

Bus from Disney Springs to Contemporary to take the monorail one stop back to the TTC.
Makes sense. Thanks!

Best way to get from All Star Music to Beach Club using WDW transportation?
I was thinking bus to DHS then walk. Or is the walk too far?

Good day! I'm sorry for all my questions, but we're so close to our trip that I'm tying up loose ends.

We have breakfast at OHana on Wednesday of our stay. It's also the day we are doing the majority of Epcot. My plan is to sleep in (*this means 7 if we are lucky) and then go to the resorts on the monorail system to see all the decorations, ending at the Poly for Brunch at 10am. We will take the monorail back to Epcot and fight that mess to get into the main gate to see Crush, etc.

My question is how best to get to the Contemporary from Beach Club. We need a car seat for my 4-year-old (or at least a booster) and my ODD has a special needs seat belt and her wheelchair. Most every other time we are driving the rental van to our destination, but I *think* we want to ride the monorail back to Epcot. Wouldn't that be faster?

ODD gets irritated by long delays. Maybe we should drive to the TTC and just drive back to the resort...

Good day! I'm sorry for all my questions, but we're so close to our trip that I'm tying up loose ends.

We have breakfast at OHana on Wednesday of our stay. It's also the day we are doing the majority of Epcot. My plan is to sleep in (*this means 7 if we are lucky) and then go to the resorts on the monorail system to see all the decorations, ending at the Poly for Brunch at 10am. We will take the monorail back to Epcot and fight that mess to get into the main gate to see Crush, etc.

My question is how best to get to the Contemporary from Beach Club. We need a car seat for my 4-year-old (or at least a booster) and my ODD has a special needs seat belt and her wheelchair. Most every other time we are driving the rental van to our destination, but I *think* we want to ride the monorail back to Epcot. Wouldn't that be faster?

ODD gets irritated by long delays. Maybe we should drive to the TTC and just drive back to the resort...
It sounds like parking at either the TTC or Epcot and taking the monorail from there will give you the easiest way to visit the places you want.

Hmmmm....curious though. Now that they Epcot monorail station is within security (I believe) do you need to enter the park to access the monorail? This will work for your family since you were going to Epcot for the day anyways but wondering about other guests. Hadn't really thought about this before.

It sounds like parking at either the TTC or Epcot and taking the monorail from there will give you the easiest way to visit the places you want.

Hmmmm....curious though. Now that they Epcot monorail station is within security (I believe) do you need to enter the park to access the monorail? This will work for your family since you were going to Epcot for the day anyways but wondering about other guests. Hadn't really thought about this before.
The Monorail entrance has always been inside the security perimeter. Just the exit was not.

They haven't moved the park entrance. Guests coming off the buses now go around the Monorail exit to bag check at the old tram station.

The Monorail entrance has always been inside the security perimeter. Just the exit was not.

They haven't moved the park entrance. Guests coming off the buses now go around the Monorail exit to bag check at the old tram station.
Thanks! I wanted to make sure I was sharing correct information. Appreciate your help!

My kids are wanting to tour Fort Wilderness to see if they can talk us into staying in the cabins next time 😂. We parents like the values since we just need a place to shower and sleep as we are going all the time and never in the room. So my question is how do we get to the golf cart rentals in FW from Sports? The app shows to go to Epcot then to FW which is fine, but how do we get from there to the actual rentals?

My kids are wanting to tour Fort Wilderness to see if they can talk us into staying in the cabins next time 😂. We parents like the values since we just need a place to shower and sleep as we are going all the time and never in the room. So my question is how do we get to the golf cart rentals in FW from Sports? The app shows to go to Epcot then to FW which is fine, but how do we get from there to the actual rentals?
The rental is at the check-in building, which is near the bus stop. Rentals are by the day, and a day runs from 1pm to 11am.

Suggest this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-a-resort-afternoon-good-or-bad-idea.3773940/

If you can't get a cart, you can use the internal bus system to travel around the resort, and get off anywhere and walk around. The cabins are all at the south end of the resort, within walking distance of the main bus depot. Get a map at the check-in building.

There are 3 internal shuttle buses, all of which travel between the Outpost (bus depot and check-in area) and Settlement (Trail's End & Hoop De Doo), by different routes. Each line runs about every 15 minutes.

Last edited:
We are staying at Hilton Orlando at Disney Springs, will use their bus, and have a park hopper ticket. What is the quickest/easiest option for getting to 9am breakfast ADR at Ale&Compass at the Yacht Club on 12/24?
>Hotel bus to Epcot, walk through Future World and World Showcase to get to IG and then to YC (will they let us in WS that early without a WS ADR)?
>Hotel bus to the Studios, then boat/walk/bus to YC?
>Hotel bus to MK/AK and then bus to YC (...does hotel bus go to MK or to TTC)?

I really don't want to drive if I can avoid it!

Hotel bus to DHS, Powell or boat to Boardwalk. Well, reall, to Swolphin then walk to Ale &Compass from there.

We are staying at Hilton Orlando at Disney Springs, will use their bus, and have a park hopper ticket. What is the quickest/easiest option for getting to 9am breakfast ADR at Ale&Compass at the Yacht Club on 12/24?
>Hotel bus to Epcot, walk through Future World and World Showcase to get to IG and then to YC (will they let us in WS that early without a WS ADR)?
>Hotel bus to the Studios, then boat/walk/bus to YC?
>Hotel bus to MK/AK and then bus to YC (...does hotel bus go to MK or to TTC)?

I really don't want to drive if I can avoid it!
Another option is bus to HS, Skyliner to Epcot and walk to YC. Might be your fastest option or on par with the boat depending on when a boat was to arrive at HS.

Hotel bus to DHS, Powell or boat to Boardwalk. Well, reall, to Swolphin then walk to Ale &Compass from there.
Another option is bus to HS, Skyliner to Epcot and walk to YC. Might be your fastest option or on par with the boat depending on when a boat was to arrive at HS.

Is the Swolphin boat dock closer to Ale&Compass than the YC dock?
Where at HS is the Skyliner queue?
Any idea how much time this would ideally take, once I got to HS? I know, it depends on the lines, etc. I'm wondering if we leave our hotel on a 7:30 bus if that'll get us to A&C by 9 (ADR is actually 9:15)

Skyliner seems counterintuitive, as boarding it at THE has you heading away from Epcot and needing to transfer at CBR. It's not, ultimately, as the timing is about the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts