Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

We'll be using Disney transportation.

What transportation and what time will we need to leave to get from AK to Contemporary for a 11:15 AM ADR at CMs?

Be waiting by 10; bus from AK to TTC, then monorail to the Contemporary. No, it doesn't take that long, but you're advised to arrive ? minutes prior to your dinner reservation time, and this will allow you to be there in plenty of time.

While that would work, wouldn't the bus from AK to CR be quicker? It may stop at another resort first, but it should still be faster.

Ed

Thanks for this thread! DH, DMIL, DD & I will be going to WDW for the January Marathon!! On one of the days I'm thinking that we'll go to AK all day, then the AKL for dinner, then we have to pick up the race material at the WOS.

I know how to get to the AKL for dinner, but how do we get to the WOS (and then back to the Poly)? Will Disney have busses running there?
I don't think you will find any buses running to WoS. I would think a cab would be your best bet, but those who have been there for the marathon may have a better idea.

While that would work, wouldn't the bus from AK to CR be quicker? It may stop at another resort first, but it should still be faster.

Ed
That would have been my thought as well.

Bumbershoot...it's completely up to you. My issue is that you have to go out to your car, drive to the TTC, park the car, walk or tram to the main area of TTC, then transfer to either the ferry or monorail before getting to MK.
I much prefer just getting a bus...they start running by 6:30am, so no issue getting there early enough.

But again, that's up to you. Many prefer to drive their own car while others prefer to leave the driving to Disney.

Thank you, too!

And...aughhhhh.

Kermit sounded so reasonable, and now you do too, saying the opposite!

This will be our first "on our own" park day, after my family aka our tour guides leave. Hopefully we'll have learned enough while family members are still showing us around that we will know what we want to do! Right now I feel like a babe in the woods!

Thanks for this thread! DH, DMIL, DD & I will be going to WDW for the January Marathon!! On one of the days I'm thinking that we'll go to AK all day, then the AKL for dinner, then we have to pick up the race material at the WOS.

I know how to get to the AKL for dinner, but how do we get to the WOS (and then back to the Poly)? Will Disney have busses running there?

Based on past events, there should be buses running from WDW Resorts to the Expo at EWWoS. There will be more details in your Marathon Weekend Commemorative Program.

Usually buses run only from the official host resorts to events, but I think the Marathon is so big that they will run from all WDW Resorts. Ask at the desk where to catch the bus; at most resorts they pick up at the front door, instead of the load zones for the theme park buses.

You can view the program from last years race here: 2010 Marathon Program. Transportation info is on page 35 (pdf page 19).

Hello Disney Fans :)

What would be the quickest way to get from Hollywood Studios to Epcot? I'm looking at the maps and to me it looks like taking the boats/walkways between the parks and the Boardwalk resort might be a good alternative to the busses. What would you all recommend?

Thanks!
~Sue

It depends on what part of EPCOT you want to visit. Bus makes a lot of sense if you want to enter via the main entrance to see FW.

Walking makes sense if you want to wind up the WS. Really makes sense if you want to stop by Beaches and Cream on the way. Boat works if you're not in a rush and/or want to try a different form of transportation.

We'll be leaving HS close to closing time - we want to see the Osborne Lights, and then trying to get to Epcot for a Food & Wine Fest event starting at 7:00 in WS area. How long do you think it would take to do the walk?

Thanks

It depends on what part of EPCOT you want to visit. Bus makes a lot of sense if you want to enter via the main entrance to see FW.

Walking makes sense if you want to wind up the WS. Really makes sense if you want to stop by Beaches and Cream on the way. Boat works if you're not in a rush and/or want to try a different form of transportation.

We'll be leaving HS close to closing time - we want to see the Osborne Lights, and then trying to get to Epcot for a Food & Wine Fest event starting at 7:00 in WS area. How long do you think it would take to do the walk?

Thanks

It will take you about 20-25 minutes at an average pace from DHS gates to IG gate of World Showcase. If your F&W event is at the Millennium location, you won't have much farther to go. If your event is further in - at the Odyssey or Festival Center area, you'll need to add more time.

I think I would leave DHS at least 40 minutes before to be safe (but I'm conservative).

Agreed. Only take the boat if it's pulling up and the line isn't too long (which at closing...) and if you do, hop off at the YC/BC stop and walk the rest of the way.

And it really does depend where in Epcot you are trying to go.

What time does DHS close/Osborne lights occur? To make a 7 PM F & W seems awfully tight. Is it dark enough by then?

Well...I'm assuming that the Osborne Lights will be on...according to the Disney website they start the week we're going, which is also the last week of Food & Wine, and HS closes at 7 every night. That is the first week after Daylight Savings ends, so I'm hoping it will be dark enough.

Anyway, regardless of the situation with the lights, if we're spending the day at HS and then heading to Epcot for the F&W event, which is at the World Showplace Pavillion, it's probably quicker to walk instead of taking the bus? We're all adults, no kids, no strollers, can all walk pretty quickly :yay:

Thanks!

Agreed. Only take the boat if it's pulling up and the line isn't too long (which at closing...) and if you do, hop off at the YC/BC stop and walk the rest of the way.

And it really does depend where in Epcot you are trying to go.

What time does DHS close/Osborne lights occur? To make a 7 PM F & W seems awfully tight. Is it dark enough by then?

I was pretty sure there was no bus from DHS to Epcot, but we don't do the busses, so I may be wrong.

I thought walking or boating were the only ways.

Thanks
The walk from DHS to International Gateway should take about 20 mins..normal pace. I have left Epcot (IG) at the same time the boat did...got to DHS just as the boat was rounding the bend. The boat takes 25 mins.

I was pretty sure there was no bus from DHS to Epcot, but we don't do the busses, so I may be wrong.

I thought walking or boating were the only ways.
There is a bus that runs between DHS and Epcot..but it runs to the front of Epcot...so if you want to be at WS, it makes more sense to either walk or boat. Take the bus if you are trying to get to the parking lot or the monorail.

Hello- My family is going on our first trip in just a few days and I was trying to figure out some transportation ideas from our resort to ADRs.

We are staying at POR...4 adults 3 kiddos, one of which is a 1yr old and we are relying solely on Disney World transportation. I have a couple different times I'm not sure what transportation is best?

1) We will be visiting MK on a day it closes early for MNSSHP (7pm) and have a 7:50 ADR at the GF. I was thinking of trying to take the boat from MK to GF to get to our dinner, stay and watch fireworks from GF after dinner (if we don't miss them), then take monorail to TTC and get bus to POR at TTC. Does that make sense? I'm wondering how the crowds will be exiting MK and when I should try to get to the boat doc? I figured the boat was maybe more reliable (based on a thread I read) than the monorail, but have no personal experience so not sure. We will have 2 strollers with us...not sure of the rules for strollers and the boats or the monorail.

2) We have a day at EPCOT when it is open with EMH (9-12am) and will be there early with a break (for kiddos), dinner at POR Boatwright's at 6:10...maybe go to DTD for a little, ending back at EPCOT for the fireworks. I know the obvious straight route with the bus from POR to and from EPCOT. But if we do go to DTD what is the best way to get from DTD to EPCOT? And if going for fireworks at the WS? I think I've heard a way thru the Beach Club? I am not familiar with this so please give any advice! Again we will be traveling with little ones and at least one stroller if not two.

I hope this makes sense! Thanks in advance!

:cool1:

Strollers can be rolled on to both the boat and monorail. You will have a crowded monorail if it's post MK closing.

I also don't think a 6:10 dinner will give you enough time to stop at DTD and get to fireworks at Epcot. Figure dinner will end about 7:30 since you have a pretty big group. Even if dinner ends sooner, it would be almost 8 before getting to DTD, which would make it about time to leave for Epcot. But those are my opinions.

...1) We will be visiting MK on a day it closes early for MNSSHP (7pm) and have a 7:50 ADR at the GF. I was thinking of trying to take the boat from MK to GF to get to our dinner, stay and watch fireworks from GF after dinner (if we don't miss them), then take monorail to TTC and get bus to POR at TTC. ...

Regarding the boat to GF, depending on how many boats are operating, it could come every 20 minutes or so. Therefore, if you wait until MK closes, you need to be on the second boat leaving MK. Not sure exactly how many people the boat holds (30?), but it is small. So If there are 50 or more people waiting for the boat when you get there, take the monorail.

Afterwards, take the monorail back to MK in order to catch the POR bus. There are no resort buses at the TTC.

Ed

Hello- My family is going on our first trip in just a few days and I was trying to figure out some transportation ideas from our resort to ADRs.

We are staying at POR...4 adults 3 kiddos, one of which is a 1yr old and we are relying solely on Disney World transportation. I have a couple different times I'm not sure what transportation is best?

1) We will be visiting MK on a day it closes early for MNSSHP (7pm) and have a 7:50 ADR at the GF. I was thinking of trying to take the boat from MK to GF to get to our dinner, stay and watch fireworks from GF after dinner (if we don't miss them), then take monorail to TTC and get bus to POR at TTC. Does that make sense? I'm wondering how the crowds will be exiting MK and when I should try to get to the boat doc? I figured the boat was maybe more reliable (based on a thread I read) than the monorail, but have no personal experience so not sure. We will have 2 strollers with us...not sure of the rules for strollers and the boats or the monorail.

2) We have a day at EPCOT when it is open with EMH (9-12am) and will be there early with a break (for kiddos), dinner at POR Boatwright's at 6:10...maybe go to DTD for a little, ending back at EPCOT for the fireworks. I know the obvious straight route with the bus from POR to and from EPCOT. But if we do go to DTD what is the best way to get from DTD to EPCOT? And if going for fireworks at the WS? I think I've heard a way thru the Beach Club? I am not familiar with this so please give any advice! Again we will be traveling with little ones and at least one stroller if not two.

I hope this makes sense! Thanks in advance!

:cool1:
1. The boat will stop at GF first, so that's a good choice for heading to dinner. After dinner, just hop on the monorail and go back to MK, then get a bus back to POR.

2. If you are going to be at DTD, then take the bus, from there, to either BW or BC. When you get off the bus, just head to the International Gateway, back door into Epcot. You can either walk there (less than 10 mins) or take the boat from either resort.
Just walk through the resort, out the back doors (so to speak) and head to Epcot.

Thanks so much! I agree that it will probably be no time to go to DTD after our dinner, but we have a few who are into shopping more than fireworks and may meet us afterwards! Thanks again!

LoveKermit, betterlatethannever, and goofy4tink!

betterlatethannever...we are about an hour from Cleveland! Can't wait to be in warmer weather even though I do love the fall season.

I can't wait!!! :rotfl:

Thanks everyone!!

The walk from DHS to International Gateway should take about 20 mins..normal pace. I have left Epcot (IG) at the same time the boat did...got to DHS just as the boat was rounding the bend. The boat takes 25 mins.

There is a bus that runs between DHS and Epcot..but it runs to the front of Epcot...so if you want to be at WS, it makes more sense to either walk or boat. Take the bus if you are trying to get to the parking lot or the monorail.

One more transportation question - we will be traveling from AKL to the Poly for the Spirit of Aloha show. What would be the best way...transfer through AK, MK, or do you suggest another route? And how much time should we allow ourselves to get there?

Hello,:goodvibes

I have a Disney Transportation question: After our day in Animal Kingdom, we would like to go to Chef Mickey's for dinner, how would we do this?

Thank you!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter