• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

About how long would it take to get to whispering canyon cafe from MK? would bus or boat be the best route to wilderness lodge? TIA!

Does a bus still run directly between the Studios and MK??? Should 1 1/2 hours be enough time to allow ??

I don't know why you're asking "still" (it used to be that you had to go through the TTC, but that only changed recently), but yes, but you shouldn't need to allow 1 1/2 hours. That's generally recommended to get from one resort to another since you have to change buses at a park or DTD, but for a direct route I would think that 45 minutes would be enough, counting from when you get to the bus stop at the Studios.

About how long would it take to get to whispering canyon cafe from MK? would bus or boat be the best route to wilderness lodge? TIA!

Either the bus or the boat should take about 10 minutes, but I prefer the boat.

So I would need to take a bus from DHS to a resort and then from there a bus to MK, so I would need that 1 1/2 hours . Or I could catch a monorail resort bus and then mono to MK Right??

So I would need to take a bus from DHS to a resort and then from there a bus to MK, so I would need that 1 1/2 hours . Or I could catch a monorail resort bus and then mono to MK Right??
There is a bus that runs directly from DHS to MK. No transfers involved.

PP was stating that this bus route is new- it was only implemented a few months ago.

You misread my post. I said you need to transfer to go from resort to resort, not park to park.

You have been so helpful on my previous 2 questions thank you!!

Another quick question and I'm not sure this is the right board either but: how hard is it to get a taxi at the contemporary at night? We have an early flight mid June leaving Houston at 6am, plans for Star Wars day when we arrive, and ending the night w the pirates and pals firework cruise. We did the cruise a few weeks ago and didn't finish w Peter Pan until 11. Which wasn't a problem we had a car, picked it up from valet then headed back to the resort. This trip going disney transportation and I'm worried about DD 5 and DS 2 crashing after the boat trip and me juggling 2 stroller 2 sleeping kids and bags on a bus back to AoA after they fall asleep on the walk back to MK. Would it be easier to get a taxi back to the resort? Our van ones available at around 11pm? I don't think we'd all fit in a reg cab. Or am I going to need to brave the bus?

Hi,

We are staying at POR and have a 7:30am Ohana ADR. Was super excited until I started trying to figure out transportation, how in the heck do we get there? MK opens at 9 that day (July 2nd), so can we take a bus there and then monorail to Poly? And just to add to the fun there are 17 of us... Transportation has me the most stressed out over anything else! Thanks so much for any help/insight.

You have been so helpful on my previous 2 questions thank you!!

Another quick question and I'm not sure this is the right board either but: how hard is it to get a taxi at the contemporary at night? We have an early flight mid June leaving Houston at 6am, plans for Star Wars day when we arrive, and ending the night w the pirates and pals firework cruise. We did the cruise a few weeks ago and didn't finish w Peter Pan until 11. Which wasn't a problem we had a car, picked it up from valet then headed back to the resort. This trip going disney transportation and I'm worried about DD 5 and DS 2 crashing after the boat trip and me juggling 2 stroller 2 sleeping kids and bags on a bus back to AoA after they fall asleep on the walk back to MK. Would it be easier to get a taxi back to the resort? Our van ones available at around 11pm? I don't think we'd all fit in a reg cab. Or am I going to need to brave the bus?
It shouldn't be an issue. If there isn't one there, they can call for one.

Hi,

We are staying at POR and have a 7:30am Ohana ADR. Was super excited until I started trying to figure out transportation, how in the heck do we get there? MK opens at 9 that day (July 2nd), so can we take a bus there and then monorail to Poly? And just to add to the fun there are 17 of us... Transportation has me the most stressed out over anything else! Thanks so much for any help/insight.
That's going to be close....the first buses start running by 6:30. The monorail starts running at 7. You need to be out at the MK bus stop no later than 6:20. That should get you on a bus before 6:45. When you get on the bus, ask the driver what the fastest way to the Polynesian is...monorail or boat. The driver may offer to drop you off there on his way out of the area. If the offer isn't made (and isn't very often), head directly to the monorail platform. Get on the monorail and go to the Polynesian. Like I said, it will be tight, but if the stars align, you should be fine. Or, just take a cab. Then you wouldn't have to leave until 7!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before - did a very basic search but didn't find it! We are staying at CR and have reservations at Yachtsman Steakhouse on arrival night. Is it possible to walk to the MK buses from CR and just hop on the YC bus? TY :goodvibes

I'm sorry if this has been asked before - did a very basic search but didn't find it! We are staying at CR and have reservations at Yachtsman Steakhouse on arrival night. Is it possible to walk to the MK buses from CR and just hop on the YC bus? TY :goodvibes

Yes, take the "Walkway to the Magic Kingdom." For your safety, please do not cross the bus loops; walk all the way to the end of the loops, then follow signs to Yacht & Beach Club bus. Leaving CR 1 hour before should give adequate time, including the walk.

Yes, take the "Walkway to the Magic Kingdom." For your safety, please do not cross the bus loops; walk all the way to the end of the loops, then follow signs to Yacht & Beach Club bus. Leaving CR 1 hour before should give adequate time, including the walk.

Thank you very much!

If staying at the GF & want to go to dinner at Jiko, would we take monorail to MK then transfer to a bus to AKL? Or would it be better to take a bus to AK park then transfer to AKL? And I assume we'd do the same in reverse for our return trip, right?
Any idea how much time we should allow?
Thanks!

Buses: do they make stops at other resorts prior to going to HS?

Water Transpo: Scheduled or when it gets there it gets there?

Time: Buses vs Water Transpo. which one would be quicker? hard to say?

If staying at the GF & want to go to dinner at Jiko, would we take monorail to MK then transfer to a bus to AKL? Or would it be better to take a bus to AK park then transfer to AKL? And I assume we'd do the same in reverse for our return trip, right?
Any idea how much time we should allow?
Thanks!

Either way would work, as long as the park at which you're transferring is open at the time. On the way down, the MK transfer might be a few minutes quicker since the Resort Monorail runs more frequently than buses. If you transfer at MK coming back, the boat may be quicker than the monorail from MK to GF.

Allow 1:15.

Buses: do they make stops at other resorts prior to going to HS?

Water Transpo: Scheduled or when it gets there it gets there?

Time: Buses vs Water Transpo. which one would be quicker? hard to say?

No bus from EC Resorts to DHS or EC; boats only.

I have another question about resort to resort transportation, please.
Going from Grand Floridian to Flying Fish Café.
Don't know whether to take monorail to Epcot then bus (or boat?) to Boardwalk; or bus to Epcot or HS??? About how much time should I allot?
Was considering a cab, but would rather save the $$ if possible and the route isn't too complicated. I'm terrible with trying to figure these things out.
My husband always herds us thru the transportation maze, but he won't be with me this trip.
Thanks!

I have another question about resort to resort transportation, please.
Going from Grand Floridian to Flying Fish Café.
Don't know whether to take monorail to Epcot then bus (or boat?) to Boardwalk; or bus to Epcot or HS??? About how much time should I allot?
Was considering a cab, but would rather save the $$ if possible and the route isn't too complicated. I'm terrible with trying to figure these things out.
My husband always herds us thru the transportation maze, but he won't be with me this trip.
Thanks!
No, there's normally no transportation from the front of Epcot to the Epcot resorts, so taking the monorail to Epcot would be the worst thing to do.

You have 2 options:

• Monorail to MK, then bus to Boardwalk.
  • Bus to DHS, then boat (or 1 mile walk) to Boardwalk.
The boats in the Epcot resort area move slowly, so transferring at MK is you're best bet timewise. And again, you can only transfer at a park while the park is open. If you're returning after both MK & DHS have closed for the evening, your only options are to transfer at DTD or take a cab.

Via MK, the trip should take around 50 minutes, but allow an extra 15-20 in case of delays (a full bus, a traffic delay, etc.) If you'd rather take the boat from DHS for fun, add 10-15 minutes. WDW recommends allowing 90 minutes for any resort-to-resort trip.

What is the best way to get to ESPN from All Star Sports and/or the parks? Are there buses from the parks and resorts?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter