• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

What is the best way to get to ESPN from All Star Sports and/or the parks? Are there buses from the parks and resorts?

Thanks!
There is a bus from the All Star Resorts to EWWS. but nothing from the theme parks.

The bus runs only on days when events are scheduled at EWWS, and the start and end times vary with the event schedule. It's scheduled to leave EWWS every half hour on the hour & half-hour, stopping at Sports, Music, and Movies in that order, so it usually arrives at Sports around :05 & :35, and leaves Movies around :15 & :45.

Another bus runs on the same schedule to Pop & CBR. At CBR, it stops only at Custom House.

If you're travelling to EWWS from a park, you'll need to travel to either an All-Star or Pop and transfer there.

Great! Thanks so much. We will just catch the bus from the resort.

We are there for the AAU Volleyball Championships and we play at EWWOS for one of our tournament days so I'm sure they will be running buses for the event.

Lots of questions! :)

1. How much time should we plan to get from AKV (Jambo House) to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom? We have ADRs at 8:20am at each park and are trying to determine what time we need to leave the hotel. Do they have buses running early for breakfast reservations?

2. Does it take more or less time to get to other resorts than to the parks? We also have breakfast reservations at 'Ohana, Chef Mickey's and Grand Floridian Cafe.

3. Lastly, DH and I have a 7:30pm ADR at Monsieur Paul (Epcot). We will be spending that day at Animal Kingdom, but will need to go back to the hotel to change and get the kids situated with my mom. What time will we need to leave AKV to make our reservation?

Thanks in advance!!!

My daughter and I are planning a girl's trip and want to see HDDR. We're staying off site at her time share at Orange Lake. Since I've never stayed off site before I'm sort of at a loss on how to get to HDDR. We will have a car. Please help!

My daughter and I are planning a girl's trip and want to see HDDR. We're staying off site at her time share at Orange Lake. Since I've never stayed off site before I'm sort of at a loss on how to get to HDDR. We will have a car. Please help!

Essentially, you'll be driving to the MK, but after passing through the MK toll plaza, bear right and take the cut-off on the right to Fort Wilderness. The entrance will be on the left a mile or so after the cut-off. Ask the security cm at the gate where to park. Then you'll board a bus to the Settlement Depot, which is adjacent to Pioneer Hall.

I would so appreciate some guidance for making ADR's. I have thought TWICE that I had them all done, and then some new thing comes in and it's like pulling a thread on a sweater, and before I know it the whole thing comes undone, lol. This is not quite that bad, but I am trying to get a handle on transportation hassle.

Facts:
Staying at AoA
I will have an ECV
2 parents, 1 teenaged daughter, and boys 8 and 10

1. From AK to HDDR: What time would you leave AK for a 6:15 show? The Our Laughing Place wizard thing says to go from FW to MK, then to AoA, at 38 minutes. That sound about right?

2. Considering booking Kona Cafe and Ohana, both on days we are doing MK. I don't know that I can get my people ready and at the bus by 6:30 to get to a Kona res at 7:30 (or would I need to have them there even earlier?), but if so, would that be enough time to eat at Kona and take the monorail over to MK for rope drop at 9? Would it be better to hit MK at rope drop, then an hour later, head over to the Poly for a 10:30 breakfast? Or, since it is EMH that night, is rope drop not that critical, and I should just chill out and make res at 8:30 or 9, so I am not herding my family out the door like crazy, OR forget Kona altogether and have something at Main St bakery or somewhere.

3. Is Ohana worth the hassle of taking the monorail over there and back? Is it a big deal to get back into MK from the Poly? How much time will be eaten up by that trip?

P.S. If you have read this far and are willing to comment on my ramblings, I would so appreciate it. My head is a little scrambly after looking at this like it is my job for the last 2 weeks, lol.

Essentially, you'll be driving to the MK, but after passing through the MK toll plaza, bear right and take the cut-off on the right to Fort Wilderness. The entrance will be on the left a mile or so after the cut-off. Ask the security cm at the gate where to park. Then you'll board a bus to the Settlement Depot, which is adjacent to Pioneer Hall.
Thank you especially for the map!

Staying at AoA
I will have an ECV
2 parents, 1 teenaged daughter, and boys 8 and 10

1. From AK to HDDR: What time would you leave AK for a 6:15 show? The Our Laughing Place wizard thing says to go from FW to MK, then to AoA, at 38 minutes. That sound about right?
Frankly, that sounds cockamamie. I don't see where AoA comes in, if you're going from AK directly to HDDR.

You could go to MK and take the boat over, but there's no need to, and when an ECV is involved, well ... some boats take ECV's and others don't.

There's a direct bus, non-stop, from AK to FtW. It takes you to the Outpost, where you will transfer to an internal shuttle bus to the Settlement, where HDDR is presented at Pioneer Hall. Normally, I would say to allow an hour for the trip, but add 15 minutes for loading & unloading the ECV twice. Then add however much time you want to arrive before the show; I think 15 minutes is the minimum, 30 minutes would be better, but others may have a better handle on that.
2. Considering booking Kona Cafe and Ohana, both on days we are doing MK. I don't know that I can get my people ready and at the bus by 6:30 to get to a Kona res at 7:30 (or would I need to have them there even earlier?), but if so, would that be enough time to eat at Kona and take the monorail over to MK for rope drop at 9? Would it be better to hit MK at rope drop, then an hour later, head over to the Poly for a 10:30 breakfast? Or, since it is EMH that night, is rope drop not that critical, and I should just chill out and make res at 8:30 or 9, so I am not herding my family out the door like crazy, OR forget Kona altogether and have something at Main St bakery or somewhere.
If you're at the bus stop at AoA at 6:30, or a few minutes before, you'll probably catch the first bus of the morning to MK, and after transferring to the Resort Monorail, you will probably get to Poly right around 7:30. The trip back to MK should take no more than 20 minutes. I won't offer an opinion as to how long it takes to eat breakfast at Kona or whether it's worth it; I'm just giving you the transportation facts.
3. Is Ohana worth the hassle of taking the monorail over there and back? Is it a big deal to get back into MK from the Poly? How much time will be eaten up by that trip?
Again, no opinion on whether it's worth it. The trip from MK to Poly on the monorail should be no more than 30 minutes, and the trip back, as above, 20 minutes or less. You probably will want to allow some additional time on the trip over to arrive earlier than your ADR time.

If you're asking about re-entering the MK, there's no hassle at all. You'll just scan your Magic Bands and your fingers, as you do whenever entering a park.

Hope this helps, :)

According to http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/typhoon/typhoon.htm effective tomorrow, after 2pm the buses from TL drop everyone off at EP. What are folks doing to get back to BC, YC, and other EP resorts? :confused3
I should add: we will not be able to use a park ticket the day that we go to TL and therefore cannot go through EP.
Buses will be running from Epcot to the Epcot Resorts.

It's unclear whether this will be a full-time service now, or just while the TL shuttle is running.

Sorry I tried to read through a bunch so if this is already answered sorry. I am looking at best way to get to Poly for 830am reservation from All star movie. And how long should we plan for it to take to get there.

Sorry I tried to read through a bunch so if this is already answered sorry. I am looking at best way to get to Poly for 830am reservation from All star movie. And how long should we plan for it to take to get there.

Bus to MK then monorail or boat to Poly. I'd say you should get to the bus stop no later than 7:30, although 7:00 might be better just in case you miss a bus.

Since all buses from TL go to EP after 2pm....just wondering, is there a bus from EP to DTD? If not, how do I get to DTD from TL (or EPCOT)? :confused3 Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter