Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I am looking for the best route from POP to HDDR. We do have an 8:30 ADR. Trying to plan ahead! Maybe Minnie Van/Lyft there and boat/bus or bus/skyliner back?

If you are thinking of using a Minnie Van, then they would be able to drop you off quite close to HDDR. If you go with just lyft, then you would be dropped off at the Outpost (entrance to FW) and then need to take an internal bus to the Settlement. If you want to use WDW Transportation, then going via MK and using the boat option would be the best. If you want to go via one of the other parks/DS, you would need to transfer to an internal bus at the Outpost.

If you are thinking of using a Minnie Van, then they would be able to drop you off quite close to HDDR. If you go with just lyft, then you would be dropped off at the Outpost (entrance to FW) and then need to take an internal bus to the Settlement. If you want to use WDW Transportation, then going via MK and using the boat option would be the best. If you want to go via one of the other parks/DS, you would need to transfer to an internal bus at the Outpost.
Thank You for that information. I have never been to HDDR or Fort Wilderness for that matter. Does the boat take you close to where you need to be so you can skip the internal bus?

We will need to get back to POFQ from Drawn to Life 8:00 show on a Friday. Should we walk to boat dock that takes us direct to POFQ? Or take an "internal" Disney Springs boat to the boat that will take us to POFQ? Options and timing information please! Thank you.

We will need to get back to POFQ from Drawn to Life 8:00 show on a Friday. Should we walk to boat dock that takes us direct to POFQ? Or take an "internal" Disney Springs boat to the boat that will take us to POFQ? Options and timing information please! Thank you.
I don’t believe there any internal DS boats. You will need to walk to the boat if that is your choice.

Personally I’d take a bus as the bus stops are much closer to Drawn to Life then the boats are.

I don’t believe there any internal DS boats. You will need to walk to the boat if that is your choice.

Personally I’d take a bus as the bus stops are much closer to Drawn to Life then the boats are.
There are 3 boat docks on the DS map. Maybe they are not operating post covid?

Is there a bus back to POFQ?

Last week:
From WL to Trail’s End: Bus to WL, then internal but to Trail’s End.
( We drove but couldn’t find parking, canceled our reservations, and ate off property.)
Alternatively, boat to MK, then boat to FW. Could take 1.5 hrs.

Ohh i love that feature and I always forget about it. Thanks!

How plentiful are busses usually that time of night back to the resorts?
Normally they're good but there are always exceptions. It always feels like I'm waiting an exceptionally long time at the end of the night....until my watch tells me it's not been very long at all. :)

Ohh i love that feature and I always forget about it. Thanks!

How plentiful are busses usually that time of night back to the resorts?

Normally they're good but there are always exceptions. It always feels like I'm waiting an exceptionally long time at the end of the night....until my watch tells me it's not been very long at all. :)
And it always seems like the other resort buses come much sooner! :cutie:

I will be staying at Boardwalk Villa in February. We plan to go to MK 2 days, probably taking advantage of extended evening hours one day and staying late on the other day. I am not sure how busy the disney buses get after fireworks.

Questions:
1. I assume if we close the park on the EEH we will be ok?? I assume the buses won't be that crowded anymore, correct?
2. On the other MK day without EEH, I would like to leave after fireworks. Bringing possibly a double stroller, getting into a crowded bus could be a nightmare. what other options do I have that are less crowded since my resort is a skyliner one?
Thanks

I will be staying at Boardwalk Villa in February. We plan to go to MK 2 days, probably taking advantage of extended evening hours one day and staying late on the other day. I am not sure how busy the disney buses get after fireworks.

Questions:
1. I assume if we close the park on the EEH we will be ok?? I assume the buses won't be that crowded anymore, correct?
2. On the other MK day without EEH, I would like to leave after fireworks. Bringing possibly a double stroller, getting into a crowded bus could be a nightmare. what other options do I have that are less crowded since my resort is a skyliner one?
Thanks
1. Yes, busses will continue to run and they won't be very crowded during the EEH.
2. Every mode of transportation will be crowded at that time. Your best option would be walking to the Contemporary and getting an Uber/Lyft back to your resort.

Questions:
Thanks
Leaving a park at close comes with crowds regardless of location or type of transportation. That being said, Disney moves people more efficiently than any other place I know.

I would anticipate crowds both days if you choose to wait and leave when the park closes or, after fireworks. Since it's only deluxe resort guests that are eligible for EEH, everyone leaving the park will be headed to a few resorts.

Being that you're going from MK to BW, bus is the only option unless you want to walk to the Contemporary and take an Uber/Lyft.

Leaving a park at close comes with crowds regardless of location or type of transportation. That being said, Disney moves people more efficiently than any other place I know.

I would anticipate crowds both days if you choose to wait and leave when the park closes or, after fireworks. Since it's only deluxe resort guests that are eligible for EEH, everyone leaving the park will be headed to a few resorts.

Being that you're going from MK to BW, bus is the only option unless you want to walk to the Contemporary and take an Uber/Lyft.
1. Yes, busses will continue to run and they won't be very crowded during the EEH.
2. Every mode of transportation will be crowded at that time. Your best option would be walking to the Contemporary and getting an Uber/Lyft back to your resort.

so maybe I will wait a bit longer after fireworks just to see what happens with the crowds. thanks

so maybe I will wait a bit longer after fireworks just to see what happens with the crowds. thanks
Yes, you won't be pushed out of the park immediately after fireworks end. You can get a snack before official park closure (sometimes that means buying some popcorn before fireworks and saving it to eat afterwards, but the ice cream store will be open, with a very long line to get in), find a place to sit (we like the tables outside Casey's and the Plaza Inn), eat your snack, and people watch for 30 minutes to an hour. By the time you walk out of MK, the lines will be shorter -- not nonexistent, just shorter.

And if you choose to walk to CR to call for rideshare, it's best to wait for that, too, because you won't be the only person with that idea after Enchantment ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter