Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

cgattis said:
Don't worry--the humidity won't be nearly like that was!!! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't remember running by the hat!! Maybe some of us took a wrong turn and really DID run 13!! LOL

Funny, the hat is about the only thing I do remember about the studios. Lol. I didn't even realize we could see the Tower of Terror from the finish. Really upset I missed out on that photo op. I also only remember the finish line because I heard my name announced and someone told me to stop running. WWoS is a complete blur too. I know I did the race and finished it but I'm certain I would fail a test with questions about anything that happened after mile 2. Weird!

Sumlee SOOO awesome you're doing the c2c! The tink has been sold out forever it seems! One year i will do the tink and the princess and get that c2c! I just cant imagine doing the Disneyland half in august! I don't do well running in heat.

Sumlee SOOO awesome you're doing the c2c! The tink has been sold out forever it seems! One year i will do the tink and the princess and get that c2c! I just cant imagine doing the Disneyland half in august! I don't do well running in heat.
CA in August is NOTHING like FL, even in October! I did the DL 1/2 and even though the high for the day was 90, the morning was cool (desert low humidity) and it didn't heat up until the race was over. You can definitely do Disneyland!

TiggerAllie said:
CA in August is NOTHING like FL, even in October! I did the DL 1/2 and even though the high for the day was 90, the morning was cool (desert low humidity) and it didn't heat up until the race was over. You can definitely do Disneyland!

It he tink 1/2 is actually in January. And let me tell you, I am sooooooo looking forward to nice cool weather!

TiggerAllie said:

Ahhh you cray!! I literally don't run above 69 degrees! Everr!!! The ToT legit killed me!!!!! And i walked 80%! I just don't enjoy running in heat, even dry. In the summers here in ny i run before dawn. The tink has my name on it. One day!

princessallegra said:
Ahhh you cray!! I literally don't run above 69 degrees! Everr!!! The ToT legit killed me!!!!! And i walked 80%! I just don't enjoy running in heat, even dry. In the summers here in ny i run before dawn. The tink has my name on it. One day!

If you want to do Tink for C2C next year look for openings about 2 weeks before the race on Active. I noticed that for Disneyland and TOT if the travel operators and charity groups didn't sell all their allotted entries they released them back. It wasn't on the Disney website and Disney never said anything about it. But they showed up on Active. They were gone pretty quickly so I'm pretty sure some site stalking would be in order. Lol. Of course, it would also involve being able to make last minute travel arrangements.

If you want to do Tink for C2C next year look for openings about 2 weeks before the race on Active. I noticed that for Disneyland and TOT if the travel operators and charity groups didn't sell all their allotted entries they released them back. It wasn't on the Disney website and Disney never said anything about it. But they showed up on Active. They were gone pretty quickly so I'm pretty sure some site stalking would be in order. Lol. Of course, it would also involve being able to make last minute travel arrangements.

Ahhhhhhh! Great to know! Thanks!!!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Oh and if anyone saw the idiot at mile 2 who ran through the median to get to a porta-potty, only to find it was full of water up to her knees....well, I will just pretend that wasn't me!

Not sure if it was you... but I was around when someone went through to get to the porta potty and someone announced that the median was full of water.

As for the race... I plan to run it again next year! I was disappointed only in myself. I finished with a much more horrible time than I anticipated. (I was thinking closer to 2 hours and it ended up being closer to 3) I did finish feeling great and very anxious to do another race. Luckily, I did sign up for the princess at the expo. For the PHM though, I have already told the gal I did the ToT race with that we can meet at the end...but that I am running and only stopping for characters and maybe mile markers. (we walked a good majority of the race)

Managed to get a couple runs in while in WDW... came home and immediately resumed my "training". I am kinda scared of how cold it is getting and now we have rain...however, it has sure helped my times. This week all my 5+ mile runs have been in the approx 10 1/2 minute mile averages. Gives me hope that I won't nearly get swept at the princess. ;)

annmarieda said:
Not sure if it was you... but I was around when someone went through to get to the porta potty and someone announced that the median was full of water.

As for the race... I plan to run it again next year! I was disappointed only in myself. I finished with a much more horrible time than I anticipated. (I was thinking closer to 2 hours and it ended up being closer to 3) I did finish feeling great and very anxious to do another race. Luckily, I did sign up for the princess at the expo. For the PHM though, I have already told the gal I did the ToT race with that we can meet at the end...but that I am running and only stopping for characters and maybe mile markers. (we walked a good majority of the race)

Managed to get a couple runs in while in WDW... came home and immediately resumed my "training". I am kinda scared of how cold it is getting and now we have rain...however, it has sure helped my times. This week all my 5+ mile runs have been in the approx 10 1/2 minute mile averages. Gives me hope that I won't nearly get swept at the princess. ;)

You're gonna do great! The weather seriously affected people that night for ToT. The Princess will be awesome!! Can't wait!

Eta: it took us just under 3 hrs as well, we walked 80% of this race. The Princess it's ON!

You're gonna do great! The weather seriously affected people that night for ToT. The Princess will be awesome!! Can't wait!

Eta: it took us just under 3 hrs as well, we walked 80% of this race. The Princess it's ON!

Thanks! I think the PHM will be awesome!!!

In case anyone is still wondering how much the humidity effected your pace, I ran my long, easy run of 14 miles this morning, with the last 4 miles being mostly uphill into a 20-25 mph headwind and my average pace was faster than I raced the ToT!

In case anyone is still wondering how much the humidity effected your pace, I ran my long, easy run of 14 miles this morning, with the last 4 miles being mostly uphill into a 20-25 mph headwind and my average pace was faster than I raced the ToT!

Wow! That does make me feel better! That race was brutal!

If you want to feel better, look at the number that got swept. VERY high. So sorry for those folks--I've been fortunate to never be in that situation, but I know how much I'd hate it.

cgattis said:
If you want to feel better, look at the number that got swept. VERY high. So sorry for those folks--I've been fortunate to never be in that situation, but I know how much I'd hate it.

Where does one find that number? Sorry if that's a dumb question. Is it just the difference between last finisher and 10,500 (bib)?

Funny, the hat is about the only thing I do remember about the studios. Lol. I didn't even realize we could see the Tower of Terror from the finish. Really upset I missed out on that photo op. I also only remember the finish line because I heard my name announced and someone told me to stop running. WWoS is a complete blur too. I know I did the race and finished it but I'm certain I would fail a test with questions about anything that happened after mile 2. Weird!

Funny I am just reading this and I had the same experience. The only reason I knew I crossed the finish was because I heard the announcer say my name. Otherwise I may have kept going. Ahhh, but I had fun!

I just realized who posted the question--you were the finish line Maleficent in the video, right?? My DD11 was M at the Villains Bash, and we've decided to do a local costume 5K as big and little Mals :). We did twin Leias one year and it was fun! Trying to decide whether or not to attempt it in makeup!

Race was a blast for me. Overcame injury to run just over an hour at the 10 mile distance but like many people was surprised at the lack of on-course entertainment.

Did anyone else see the proposal in front of the hat? I came around the corner of the stand and could see the guy on one knee. She said yes, he put on the ring and the crowd went nuts. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter