• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

Does anyone know how dark the course might be? I'm debating if I should bring my running light or not. I have terrible night vision (darn old eyes) and am really afraid of not seeing something on the ground and taking a bad step. I ran Everest and the course had enough light that I could see well enough, but it was for the most part inside AK. Since this will be run on the roads as well as at WWoS I'm thinking parts of the course may be fairly dark.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup2

I wondered about this, also.

The street lights along the course provide a fair amount of light.

I found the Expedition Everest darker than either of the two Wine & Dine ½s (also night races).

hth

I found the Expedition Everest darker than either of the two Wine & Dine ½s (also night races).

hth

:thumbsup2 Thanks for that - I was wondering, too, and found parts of the Everest course to be uncomfortably dark.

Does anyone know how dark the course might be? I'm debating if I should bring my running light or not. I have terrible night vision (darn old eyes) and am really afraid of not seeing something on the ground and taking a bad step. I ran Everest and the course had enough light that I could see well enough, but it was for the most part inside AK. Since this will be run on the roads as well as at WWoS I'm thinking parts of the course may be fairly dark.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup2

I wondered about this, also.

Keep in mind that there is about a mile of dirt road (coming from Osceola Pkwy going to WWoS) that doesn't have any street lights. I'm assuming that Disney will provide floodlights in this part.

hth

Keep in mind that there is about a mile of dirt road (coming from Osceola Pkwy going to WWoS) that doesn't have any street lights. I'm assuming that Disney will provide floodlights in this part.

Thanks for all the help! I think I'll bring my light just to be on the safe side since it's easy to carry if I end up not using it.

I am trying to remember back to 2007 when I did the TOT 13k but I don't remember it being too dark through that dirt road section. I do remember "crazy people" like they had escaped from the looney bin all along on the side of the dirt road - it was my first Disney race and I thought it was hilarious :rotfl: wonder if they will have the same kind of entertainment?

Has anyone found where we can sign up for runner tracking? I see in the program that its available and to go to Run Disney but I can't find it on the website.

Can't wait - less than 10 days now till my first race since Goofy 2011 - its been TOO long!!

We are staying at Coronado as well, but we have a rental car. We will be driving to POR (host resort) and using the race transportation from there. If you end up without a plan B we could always take you guys with us in our rental car. :hippie::goodvibes

That is so nice of you! We actually have a rental car too, but only 2 out of the 4 of us are running. Maybe we'll just do what you guys are doing and drive to another resort.

I've never run a Disney race before and I have to say that I am super excited about next weekend. I found this website yesterday and it has been very entertaining and educational reading through all 125 pages learning from those who seem to have the Disney thing down.

Anyway, looking forward to running with many of you next weekend. Thanks for all the information that yall have posted in regards to parking, expo, post race, etc. it has been very helpful in trying to plan what I'm sure will be a hectic day.

I did the last ToT 13K (was it three years ago?) and that road was well lit with portable lights. The rest of the course, as mentioned, will be fine. And a full moon will be cool!

OhioStateBuckeye said:
That is so nice of you! We actually have a rental car too, but only 2 out of the 4 of us are running. Maybe we'll just do what you guys are doing and drive to another resort.

Cool! That sounds like a plan! So exciting!

stpete said:
I've never run a Disney race before and I have to say that I am super excited about next weekend. I found this website yesterday and it has been very entertaining and educational reading through all 125 pages learning from those who seem to have the Disney thing down.

Anyway, looking forward to running with many of you next weekend. Thanks for all the information that yall have posted in regards to parking, expo, post race, etc. it has been very helpful in trying to plan what I'm sure will be a hectic day.

Welcome to the Dis! And good luck with your race!

I never see anyone post anything they get from the virtual goodie bag that we received months ago... last thing to come in the mail from it was neat, but today's was amazing. An eco lunch box.. filled with cliff bar goodies. My dh wants the lunch box but I told him no way! Super cool with multiple compartments.

Anyone else get it?

I never see anyone post anything they get from the virtual goodie bag that we received months ago... last thing to come in the mail from it was neat, but today's was amazing. An eco lunch box.. filled with cliff bar goodies. My dh wants the lunch box but I told him no way! Super cool with multiple compartments.

Anyone else get it?

Ooh, cool!

Have not seen this mentioned but the forecast is for rain the night of the race.
Does anyone know the best way to prepare for running in Florida rain and humidity.

Thought I would post a pic of the lunch box. Inside there was cliff gu like stuff, 2 cliff bars and a package of blocks. Looking online... the box itself isn't super cheap... I am just kinda surprised that this is a give away but this it is super :cool1:

ecl-r12-a_large.jpeg

Thought I would post a pic of the lunch box. Inside there was cliff gu like stuff, 2 cliff bars and a package of blocks. Looking online... the box itself isn't super cheap... I am just kinda surprised that this is a give away but this it is super :cool1:

ecl-r12-a_large.jpeg

That's very cute! I don't remember seeing it in the e-mail. Darn it.

Anyone else get it?

I haven't gotten any emails from runDisney for this race.:confused3 Are you talking about this one? http://twilightzonetowerofterror2012.igiftbag.com/

Enjoy your first Disney race; I'm certain it won't be your last!

I got the clif training pack but it wasn't in any cool packaging like the eco lunch box. It was in a cardboard box. It had a gel, a pack of shot blocks and a small bar sample. What else did you get? That was the only thing I saw that would come in the mail. Only other thing I thought was interesting was the poster we have to pick up at the expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter