OFFICIAL(ish) CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL DINING PACKAGES INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing I wanted to add in case it helps anyone, but for whatever reason, every year there seems to be one or two venues that don't have their booking slots added in the system when booking opens. One year it was Garden Grill and Biergarten; another year it was Coral Reef and Akerhaus. I have no idea why it happens and I'm not saying it will definitely happen this year, but history shows that unfortunately it does happen, even with the amount of lead time they have.

So, if you are looking for a specific venue and it isn't showing availability, don't get discouraged because it's quite possible the slots weren't loaded. You'll be able to tell here rather quickly from the information being shared if their is a venue that falls into this category.

In regular circumstances, I wouldn't sweat the narrators being announced late, but it's that bit about possibly having to prepay that has me cautious.

I love hearing the chorus, and think those young (and some not as young!) people in the chorus and orchestra do a wonderful job. We've gone a bunch of years in a row, though, so would probably be taking this year off, unless it's a narrator we've got a particular reason to want to see.

We are trying for a package this year. How does it work/look online? Is there a special link, or do the CP packages appear the same as other dining reservations? Thanks.

We are trying for a package this year. How does it work/look online? Is there a special link, or do the CP packages appear the same as other dining reservations? Thanks.
Same question. I was planning to just call I guess.

So how does it work exactly? Do we identify which date/show time we want and then which venue and they tell us availability for that venue? For example, my daughter is performing with her high school choir (so exciting) the very first show 11/29 at 5 PM, so we have to get that show. I prefer Chefs followed by Via Napoli.

Here is a link to reserve on the Disney website

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/candlelight-dinner-packages/

When you reserve online you pick an ADR time and it assigns you a show. I would assume if you want the earlier show you need to pick an earlier ADR. Not sure if you can pick from choices if you call. If you are booking on July 3 (instead of the day before for DVC or APs) I believe you can book online an hour earlier than calling.

Edited to add: How exciting for you that your daughter is performing!!!

So how does it work exactly? Do we identify which date/show time we want and then which venue and they tell us availability for that venue? For example, my daughter is performing with her high school choir (so exciting) the very first show 11/29 at 5 PM, so we have to get that show. I prefer Chefs followed by Via Napoli.
Cool. My son is performing that same day just in the 2 later shows. We are excited. I chatted online and they said you can select which show you want when you select your dinning plan. Not sure how that works never done this before.

When you reserve online you pick an ADR time and it assigns you a show. I would assume if you want the earlier show you need to pick an earlier ADR. Not sure if you can pick from choices if you call. If you are booking on July 3 (instead of the day before for DVC or APs) I believe you can book online an hour earlier than calling.

We are SOOOO excited! So, wait, to clarify, I can't pick the show I want? I planned on doing a lunch. I am AP holder so I can book on July 2, but again, I must have that specific show. Anyone else have this issue?

Cool. My son is performing that same day just in the 2 later shows. We are excited. I chatted online and they said you can select which show you want when you select your dinning plan. Not sure how that works never done this before.

I haven't either. I know how to do everything else Disney pretty much, but not this. :) Okay, good. I hope that's the way it works. Can't wait to hear who our celebrity narrator is going to be.

We are SOOOO excited! So, wait, to clarify, I can't pick the show I want? I planned on doing a lunch. I am AP holder so I can book on July 2, but again, I must have that specific show. Anyone else have this issue?
When I’ve booked packages online it always makes me choose my ADR time and assigns me a show time. I do believe there is flexibility when you call though so that paired with your AP puts you in good shape for calling on July 2 :-)

Since it is pre-pay I am also curious to see how they will handle those using the dining plan. I have the dining plan already added to my account so I am guessing when you call next week they will see that and should not have to pay for anything more.

Thanks for the information. Is this the link that opens early though, or is there a means to use MDE to reserve a spot?

Thank you for the info.

Can you tell me more about the DVC link or info?

Nevermind, I found it. I didn't know DVC had a day early choice. Thanks.

• 2019 Candlelight Processional Dining Packages will go on sale for Annual Passholders and DVC members on July 2 and for everyone else on July 3. To make a reservation, go to the Candlelight Processional Dining Package page or call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463).Please note: admission to Epcot is required and is not included in the dining package.(On July 2, Annual Passholders can book by calling (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) and DVC Members can book through DVC Member Services at 800-800-9800.)

Last edited:
This is the first time I've booked this package and I have an AP. Am I correct in that I have to call at 7 am on July 2nd? I really want to get this right. Any help would be appreciated.

With the Dining package do you get to pick where you sit at the program or is a certain section you must sit in. I was just on you tube and someone from 2017 had their dining package experience and the seats they were in were awful. Down front but to the side almost behind the orchestra from the side. Not a good view of choir and total performance at all

With the Dining package do you get to pick where you sit at the program or is a certain section you must sit in. I was just on you tube and someone from 2017 had their dining package experience and the seats they were in were awful. Down front but to the side almost behind the orchestra from the side. Not a good view of choir and total performance at all

You pretty much can sit where you want. They will have a few seats roped off, (not sure who the people are that they are saved for?). But it is maybe a partial row or 2. There is a roped off waiting line, so you are going in first come, first seated. But once inside, you can sit in any open seat. There will be a lot of people with the dining package, so those showing up close to show time may not get the best seats, but they will get a seat before stand by.

Since it is pre-pay I am also curious to see how they will handle those using the dining plan. I have the dining plan already added to my account so I am guessing when you call next week they will see that and should not have to pay for anything more.

Who said it is pre-pay? We have always booked this without the DDP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter