OFFICIAL(ish) CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL DINING PACKAGES INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Dining package do you get to pick where you sit at the program or is a certain section you must sit in. I was just on you tube and someone from 2017 had their dining package experience and the seats they were in were awful. Down front but to the side almost behind the orchestra from the side. Not a good view of choir and total performance at all
Your seat quality depends on how quickly you want to start waiting in line. There is a dining package line that some people start waiting in even as much as 1.5-2 hours before the show starts. The length of the line is also narrator-dependent. I typically get in line about an hour before the show and have always gotten good seats, but I’ve also not typically had one of the popular narrators.

For some reason my quote function is not working. This is in response to the person asking about pre payment. If you go to the Candlelight dining page and look under know before you go section it says prepayment is required. I guess that means in full? It goes on to say if you cancel within 48 hours you forfeit all of it. So I assume if you cancel before 48 hours you get full refund. Not Sure as I've never purchased a dining package for an event.

I had missed that little addition to the terms and conditions as well. Also noting that now it appears you can dine after the show... I don't think that used to be an option. First few posts have been updated. Here's the language:

"Know Before You Go" information from the Disney site:

• This experience requires 2 table-service entitlements for Disney Dining Plan and Disney Deluxe Dining Plan.
  • Candlelight Processional Dining Packages are only offered during the holiday season.
  • Tax and gratuity are not included in the prices shown here.
  • Alcohol will only be served to Guests ages 21 and older.
  • Call (407) WDW-FEST or (407) 939-3378 for additional information and reservations. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call. You may also visit Epcot International Festival of the Holidays for the latest information.
  • Prepayment is required. Guests who cancel reservations within 48 hours of the event will forfeit the entire package price.
  • Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.
  • Guests will receive seating vouchers for Candlelight Processional at the restaurant where they are dining. The order of each experience may vary, with the dining component coming either before or after the show. If dining following the show, please check-in at the restaurant no later than 15 minutes prior to show time to receive your badges. Badges will specify the date and show time you have reserved.
  • Guests with the Dining Package will enter the theatre in a separate queue and will be seated on a first-come, first served basis. Seating guaranteed.
  • Guests who have not reserved a Candlelight Processional Dining Package will be seated at the Candlelight Processional on a first-come, first-served basis. Based on availability due to limited capacity.
  • Separate Epcot admission is required and is not included in the price of the dining package.

New language added this year stating that it’s now pre-pay. It remains to be seen if this is an error or actually how they’ll do it this year.
I had missed that little addition to the terms and conditions as well. Also noting that now it appears you can dine after the show... I don't think that used to be an option. First few posts have been updated. Here's the language:

"Know Before You Go" information from the Disney site:

• This experience requires 2 table-service entitlements for Disney Dining Plan and Disney Deluxe Dining Plan.
  • Candlelight Processional Dining Packages are only offered during the holiday season.
  • Tax and gratuity are not included in the prices shown here.
  • Alcohol will only be served to Guests ages 21 and older.
  • Call (407) WDW-FEST or (407) 939-3378 for additional information and reservations. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call. You may also visit Epcot International Festival of the Holidays for the latest information.
  • Prepayment is required. Guests who cancel reservations within 48 hours of the event will forfeit the entire package price.
  • Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.
  • Guests will receive seating vouchers for Candlelight Processional at the restaurant where they are dining. The order of each experience may vary, with the dining component coming either before or after the show. If dining following the show, please check-in at the restaurant no later than 15 minutes prior to show time to receive your badges. Badges will specify the date and show time you have reserved.
  • Guests with the Dining Package will enter the theatre in a separate queue and will be seated on a first-come, first served basis. Seating guaranteed.
  • Guests who have not reserved a Candlelight Processional Dining Package will be seated at the Candlelight Processional on a first-come, first-served basis. Based on availability due to limited capacity.
  • Separate Epcot admission is required and is not included in the price of the dining package.

Thanks. That is definitely new.

Not to be nit-picky, but the terms are poorly written. Forfeit? Typical Disney verbiage is - “for cancellation made 48 or less or no-shows, the package is non-refundable,” or along those lines.

Anyway, I assume the booking and cancellation policy will be treated similar to CRT/dinner shows, but will have to wait...

So how will prepayment work if you have the dining plan? They refund the cost when you dine and use the plan?

Laurie

How about if you haven’t purchased the dining plan yet but plan to add it on? We are renting points and will almost certainly add the dining plan to our split stays at OKW/BCV in December. We have APs and plan on booking early next week. Will they refund our card if we use the credits?

How about if you haven’t purchased the dining plan yet but plan to add it on? We are renting points and will almost certainly add the dining plan to our split stays at OKW/BCV in December. We have APs and plan on booking early next week. Will they refund our card if we use the credits?

Yes, a restaurant manager will be able to give you a refund, then redeem your dining credits. We’ve done this at HDDR and CRT.

Does anyone think they will announce the rest of the narrators tomorrow? We have APs so we can book Tuesday but surely we won't have to book without knowing who the narrator will be?

Reactions: TAK
Does anyone think they will announce the rest of the narrators tomorrow? We have APs so we can book Tuesday but surely we won't have to book without knowing who the narrator will be?

From what people are saying it is unlikely. In the past they have opened the bookings without having a complete list.

I don't think we will. Last year we had the option between Chita Rivera and Helen Hunt for our trip, but we didn't find out about Helen Hunt until late September or early October. I can't remember exactly.

From what people are saying it is unlikely. In the past they have opened the bookings without having a complete list.

That’s what I’ve heard too. But I could swear that other years, when booking opened, there were still a FEW slots without narrators, not practically the entire roster yet to be determined . Last I looked, there are only 10 nights with narrators for this year, and that’s barely anything.

Most likely not. The final list wasn’t complete until November of last year.

Another reason I don’t understand why it’s now prepay.

There have always been some “to-be-announced” narrators when booking opened, but never this many (in my memory). I'm still hoping for an announcement tomorrow.

I wish they would announce more narrators too. We’re there December 1 to 7, the only one announced is the 6th. That’s Whoopi Goldberg and my friend doesn’t like her. It would be great if NPH would be one of the nights.

I've read the changes for this year as far as prepayment. We have the dining plan. Here is my question. There are 4 of us going to CP and 3 of us are on the dining plan. Can I use the dining plan for all 4 of us and just pay out of pocket for a couple meals later in my trip? I think it would be a better deal to use two TS credits on Tappen Edo dining package and pay out of pocket for 2 (less than $40) meals for my daughter who is 12.

Also will they just charge my dining plan since I already purchased it or will I need to actually pay for it now and get refunded (which would be super annoying BTW)

I've read the changes for this year as far as prepayment. We have the dining plan. Here is my question. There are 4 of us going to CP and 3 of us are on the dining plan. Can I use the dining plan for all 4 of us and just pay out of pocket for a couple meals later in my trip? I think it would be a better deal to use two TS credits on Tappen Edo dining package and pay out of pocket for 2 (less than $40) meals for my daughter who is 12.

Also will they just charge my dining plan since I already purchased it or will I need to actually pay for it now and get refunded (which would be super annoying BTW)

I don't see why not. You can use the dining plan for people in you party who do NOT have the plan so I dont see why you cant do it in this situation.

From what people are saying if you already have the dining plan on you account, when you call the CM will see that and that is all that is needed.

Excited for tomorrow. Does anyone know how DISNEY Dining knows if you are AP DVC? Have membership cards on hand I suppose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter