OFFICIAL(ish) CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL DINING PACKAGES INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first year that we're able to do CP. I'm seeing alot of people posting about making placeholder reservations, but also am reading that you can't convert an existing ADR into a CP package. If that's true, what is the advantage of the placeholder? Wouldn't a placeholder just take up space so that the CP package would be less likely to be available? I feel like I'm missing something.

Laurie

This is the first year that we're able to do CP. I'm seeing alot of people posting about making placeholder reservations, but also am reading that you can't convert an existing ADR into a CP package. If that's true, what is the advantage of the placeholder? Wouldn't a placeholder just take up space so that the CP package would be less likely to be available? I feel like I'm missing something.

Laurie
It's there in case we can't get the pkg we want. We can still have a meal somewhere. I want to eat at the Biergarten that day. Would LOVE the CP pkg, but if I can't get it, I STILL want to eat at Biergarten.

Laurie

Regular and CP reservations are separate. There are fewer regular reservations in inventory during CP season but booking a regular reservation wouldn’t take a CP table out of availability. You have not been able to convert in the past (you can in a single call have operator search for and book a CP package and cancel your existing ADR) but they could always switch things up this year. I think when people are talking about placeholders they are wanting to ensure they have something booked in case plans change - they don’t like the narrator, change the date they want to go, wind up booking a different meal with the package, book a different restaurant but the placeholder is a must-do spot, etc.

It's there in case we can't get the pkg we want. We can still have a meal somewhere. I want to eat at the Biergarten that day. Would LOVE the CP pkg, but if I can't get it, I STILL want to eat at Biergarten.

So I currently have a Biergarten reservation for a Saturday in December. If I book the CP package is there a price difference? I apologize if this has already been asked!

So I currently have a Biergarten reservation for a Saturday in December. If I book the CP package is there a price difference? I apologize if this has already been asked!
Yes, the candlelight processional dining package is more expensive than just eating at biergarten. The package price is $60 per adult and $34 per child for lunch or dinner. I believe without the package biergarten is around $44 per adult and $24 per child

Yes, the candlelight processional dining package is more expensive than just eating at biergarten. The package price is $60 per adult and $34 per child for lunch or dinner. I believe without the package biergarten is around $44 per adult and $24 per child

Thank you!

So excited to book! Have only been once, but our favorite part of our 2014 trip!
Has anyone seen the show with Pat Sajak?
Thanks in advance!
:D

7am booking time?
:confused:
I don’t think they’ve said, specifically. On the 3rd, I expect the packages to be available along with the regular ADRs ... so available online at 6am ET and by phone at 7am. On the 2nd for early booking, it may be phone only - DVC Member Services doesn’t open til 9am ET but the WDW DINE line may book starting at 7. Hopefully we get a little more clarity... along with some more narrator names... next week!

I don’t think they’ve said, specifically. On the 3rd, I expect the packages to be available along with the regular ADRs ... so available online at 6am ET and by phone at 7am. On the 2nd for early booking, it may be phone only - DVC Member Services doesn’t open til 9am ET but the WDW DINE line may book starting at 7. Hopefully we get a little more clarity... along with some more narrator names... next week!
Who is eligible for early booking? I didn't know that there was one.

Who is eligible for early booking? I didn't know that there was one.

Excerpt from the parks blog announcement below. They don’t specify times but WDW DINE line opens at 7am ET and DVC opens at 9am.

Plus, we have great news for our Annual Passholders and DVC Members – you will be able to enjoy a 1-day exclusive early booking window on July 2. Annual Passholders should call 407-WDW-DINE while DVC Members can contact DVC Member Services at 800-800-9800.

If anyone hears of the possibility of the July 2nd window (early booking) opening up online at 6:00 am please let us know. Tks!

Sorry to disappoint anyone who saw that little red alert and thought, FINALLY, SOME NEWS!

But I have to ask, doesn’t this seem crazy close to booking opening up to still have almost no narrators confirmed? What do we have, four? And then all those TBA dates?

Sorry to disappoint anyone who saw that little red alert and thought, FINALLY, SOME NEWS!

But I have to ask, doesn’t this seem crazy close to booking opening up to still have almost no narrators confirmed? What do we have, four? And then all those TBA dates?

Was thinking the same thing. 6 days to go until AP and DVC can book. You would think in the next couple of days we hear more.

Reactions: TAK

I thought that too...but I think there were MANY tbd artists when we booked the Eat to the Beat package. We are new to booking events so not sure if this has been typical or unusual for years past. I really do hope they announce narrators soon.

We are waiting as well. Of course, we are trying to collect every morsel of info that we can for our upcoming trip in December. Would really like to know the narrator before we book as we have planned for a couple of days (one in particular) and would hate to double book

In the early days of the CP dining package, the meals were actually less expensive than ordering without the package. Also, you received a shopping discount at Epcot on the day of the package reservation. As most things with Disney, the discounts have been gone for many years.

Was thinking the same thing. 6 days to go until AP and DVC can book. You would think in the next couple of days we hear more.
I thought that too...but I think there were MANY tbd artists when we booked the Eat to the Beat package. We are new to booking events so not sure if this has been typical or unusual for years past. I really do hope they announce narrators soon.

Unfortunately, everything that is happening here is par for the course. I find it highly unlikely that any additional narrators will be added by the time booking opens up next week; but maybe one or two might possibly be added. In most years, as the contracts are finalized, narrators are slowly added along the way, with some slots remaining TBD even as close as 30 days out. What is interesting, is how this will play out with the new language that this is pre-pay this year (having done this many years in a row, I don't recall a time it was ever pre-pay). If this is actually the case and not just an error in the description, it will be interesting to see how availability will play out with many people being apprehensive about paying for event dates that don't yet have an assigned narrator and not wanting to tie up hundreds of dollars with multiple bookings.

While completely understandable that folks are very interested in the narrator for their dates, especially with the price of these packages, IMO, I'm far more interested in seeing the young high school men and women who are actually performing in the show and applauding their hard work and the enjoyment it brings to so many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter