****Official January 2021 thread****

If hours are being extended for the week of the 24th, what time does that usually happen? I expected it yesterday or today because they’ve been changing 2 weeks out on Thursdays, but I thought that was because of the Friday holidays because they’re typically done on fridays from what I’ve read? I want to get a jump start on later in park dining reservations before they’re snatched up. I know they don’t HAVE to extend them, but I’m just hoping we get some extra time in the parks too.
When they extend park hours, it's usually in the morning. But when they offer more ADRs for said park hours, they do it really whenever.

When I was stalking times to move my CP reservation, they extended them at like 10:30 in the evening that following Tuesday. But I saw BoG extend before mine, and a few other places in MK, as well. So that looks like it's a manual extension.

Last edited:
If hours are being extended for the week of the 24th, what time does that usually happen? I expected it yesterday or today because they’ve been changing 2 weeks out on Thursdays, but I thought that was because of the Friday holidays because they’re typically done on fridays from what I’ve read? I want to get a jump start on later in park dining reservations before they’re snatched up. I know they don’t HAVE to extend them, but I’m just hoping we get some extra time in the parks too.
They have been extended!!

Does anyone think they might still update MLK weekend's hours?

I find it weird AK is open until 6 p.m. the following weekend on Sunday but not the Sunday on MLK weekend, still listed as 5 p.m.

I can find out tomorrow, if no one else chimes in before then. I'm sure we'll be heading to the food court for breakfast.
TiA, we don't arrive until end of month but with 2 open mornings looking to see what options will be. Enjoy your trip!!

I know several parks are letting guests in before official opening, can anyone say if Epcot is as well? Specifically on the gateway/skyliner entrance??
Luckily our park day they bumped dhs opening to 9 so I'm hoping by 10 line shouldn't be too bad

I know several parks are letting guests in before official opening, can anyone say if Epcot is as well? Specifically on the gateway/skyliner entrance??
Luckily our park day they bumped dhs opening to 9 so I'm hoping by 10 line shouldn't be too bad
We left our room at AoA at 1015. Skyliner station had a small wait,but the transfer at caribbean was pretty long. We ended up at Epcot just after 11. We took a slow stroll to Norway to ride FEA. It was still 10 minute wait when we got there.

Bought new long "yogurt pants" today for our trip. My capris weren't going to cut it. Also added a hat and gloves to my bag. I am not a happy person when I am cold. Weather watch continues as I plan for contingencies. January 2018 the day we left Florida it was colder than back home.
Screenshot_20210109-205305_Chrome.jpgIMG_20180118_130436_209.jpg

So it's snowing here in Texas for the second time in 2 weeks and it NEVER snows. Thing is this weather will follow us to Florida as it travels east. All my cute Disney outfits have been put in the maybe pile.

Wow, you've had more snow than we have had in Northern VA/DC this winter. We don't usually see much but did see some in December.

After seeing your post, I think I'll need to be doing some re-piling as well. I planned on shorts every day except on arrival and departure day.

So it's snowing here in Texas for the second time in 2 weeks and it NEVER snows. Thing is this weather will follow us to Florida as it travels east. All my cute Disney outfits have been put in the maybe pile.
I have my eyes on the grey and white sherla spirit jersey, told the DH welp I guess if our Epcot day ends up being chilly I will have no choice but to buy it lol
We are going for a wedding so packing has to include 2 nice outfits and heels so I have to keep the other packing to minimum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter