****Official January 2021 thread****

So it's snowing here in Texas for the second time in 2 weeks and it NEVER snows. Thing is this weather will follow us to Florida as it travels east. All my cute Disney outfits have been put in the maybe pile.

You have had more snow than we have had in Chicago!

We were at WDW last week and very few people wore shorts. We wore jeans and jackets most of the time, although I did go swimming when it was a sunny 63 degree day. :)

Lol, we did the same with the swimming in 65 degree weather. Also went to the beach today with a high of 64. There were several people surfing, and lots of people on the beach. I just got my feet wet, lol. That was fun enough for me. Its supposed to be in the mid 70s in Orlando tomorrow though! Going to the animal kingdom tomorrow but may have to leave early to really enjoy the pool!

Last edited:
Lol, we did the same with the swimming in 65 degree weather. Also went to the beach today with a high of 64. There were several people surfing, and lots on the beach. I just got my feet wet, lol. That was fun enough for me. Its supposed to be in the mid 70s in Orlando tomorrow though! Going to the animal kingdom tomorrow but may have to leave early to really enjoy the pool!
Have a great time! :)

We went to Animal Kingdom today and it was so empty. Wait times were 10 minutes all day for everything but Pandora. My daughter and I did Navi at opening with a 10 minute wait while my wife went to FoP with a 40 minute wait,but I saw it drop to 30 minutes early afternoon. We only rode that and Kilimanjaro Safari, as well as the train to Rafikis. It was actually relaxing not racing to rides, lol. My daughter got really into Wilderness Explorers though.

We saw several flotillas as well - AK drummers and Timon & Pumba up close, Mickey/Minnie and Goofy/Chip/Dale were further away. We also caught the back end of Pocahontas.

We left at 3 to go check into the second half of the split stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They upgraded us from a studio to 1 bedroom. Everyone loves the room. So beautiful and amazing to see all the animals roaming freely. We've jokingly discussed skipping Magic Kingdom tomorrow to enjoy the resort more, since we're only here 2 nights and will be leaving by 9am Wednesday.

It's pretty insane to think I rented this room using the DVC Store 11 months ago and all that's happened in the world since then, but this little escape from reality is pretty dang amazing.

We went to Animal Kingdom today and it was so empty. Wait times were 10 minutes all day for everything but Pandora. My daughter and I did Navi at opening with a 10 minute wait while my wife went to FoP with a 40 minute wait,but I saw it drop to 30 minutes early afternoon. We only rode that and Kilimanjaro Safari, as well as the train to Rafikis. It was actually relaxing not racing to rides, lol. My daughter got really into Wilderness Explorers though.

We saw several flotillas as well - AK drummers and Timon & Pumba up close, Mickey/Minnie and Goofy/Chip/Dale were further away. We also caught the back end of Pocahontas.

We left at 3 to go check into the second half of the split stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They upgraded us from a studio to 1 bedroom. Everyone loves the room. So beautiful and amazing to see all the animals roaming freely. We've jokingly discussed skipping Magic Kingdom tomorrow to enjoy the resort more, since we're only here 2 nights and will be leaving by 9am Wednesday.

It's pretty insane to think I rented this room using the DVC Store 11 months ago and all that's happened in the world since then, but this little escape from reality is pretty dang amazing.

We are staying at AK/Jambo for the first time this week. I am looking forward to spending time in the room enjoying the animals.

We are staying at AK/Jambo for the first time this week. I am looking forward to spending time in the room enjoying the animals.
It's our first time as well! When do you check in? The views are spectacular. So much fun to be here.

All these videos of outbursts on flights. I pray that we do not experience anything like this. Just my luck we get delayed/diverted and miss reservations on our arrival day.

I usually pack a box lunch to enjoy on the flight. Not this time. I won't be opening my mouth the whole flight.
I thought I’d be the same way, but I did end up eating the snacks on the way down and today at our connecting flight, I was starving, so grabbed some food, but had to board right away and ate on the plane. My wife who was more concerned with social distancing on the trip was even eating on the plane, lol.

But we’ve been eating in restaurants frequently at home so we didn’t really approach the trip much differently. And for the most part, All the restaurants we went to were “covid” packed. Meaning, all socially distanced tables were filled, so it seemed a lot of people weren’t too concerned with eating indoors.

in the end though, you do have to do what feels most comfortable for you. Hope your trip goes well and you have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter