****Official January 2021 thread****

Just saw this on the here now & just back thread:

for those here this weekend into next week
Skyliner operational closures for maintenance - Bus service will be available on those days from the different resorts when the skyliner is unavailable
  • Jan. 24: Disney’s Pop Century/Art of Animation Resorts line unavailable
  • Jan. 26: Disney’s Hollywood Studios line unavailable
  • Jan. 28: EPCOT International Gateway line unavailable

Skyliner operational closures for maintenance - Bus service will be available on those days from the different resorts when the skyliner is unavailable
Thank you! I just make it for our trip , so long as maintenance doesnt get extended

My parade feels very rained on! I'm at HS the 26th, and Epcot the 28th. I'm paying Riviera money for the skyliner, I feel like this is something I should have known much sooner.

My parade feels very rained on! I'm at HS the 26th, and Epcot the 28th. I'm paying Riviera money for the skyliner, I feel like this is something I should have known much sooner.
Yeah, not sure why that wasn’t known. I just copied this info from a dis moderator, figured it would affect some here. If you don’t have a bunch of adrs, maybe you can rearrange some dates? I had a bunch and that never would have worked for me.

I will say this...when we passed through the Riviera station to Epcot, I felt bad for the ones standing in line there as very few got off and I’m not sure how many empty cars came through. The line seemed long. I’m sure it’s a lot better going to CBR direction in the morning as not many would be coming back from Epcot.

Yeah, not sure why that wasn’t known. I just copied this info from a dis moderator, figured it would affect some here. If you don’t have a bunch of adrs, maybe you can rearrange some dates? I had a bunch and that never would have worked for me.

I will say this...when we passed through the Riviera station to Epcot, I felt bad for the ones standing in line there as very few got off and I’m not sure how many empty cars came through. The line seemed long. I’m sure it’s a lot better going to CBR direction in the morning as not many would be coming back from Epcot.

I just tried to see if I can move my ADRs and I can't, but I will be looking out, thank you! Yes I was at CBR last time and saw pretty much the same thing.

I have been refreshing Epcot wait times since this time next week that is where I will be (YAYAYYAYA) and SSE has been down all day, I really really hope its minor and next week won't have same, its our first ride tradition, DH first Epcot ride ever from 5 years ago - and we are even taking a bus instead of skyliner to start in front of park... these next few days are going to seem like torture

I have been refreshing Epcot wait times since this time next week that is where I will be (YAYAYYAYA) and SSE has been down all day, I really really hope its minor and next week won't have same, its our first ride tradition, DH first Epcot ride ever from 5 years ago - and we are even taking a bus instead of skyliner to start in front of park... these next few days are going to seem like torture
It's almost time! Lol. We ended our Epcot day at SSE, then had to walk all the way back to the skyliner 😱. Lol. We wanted to stop in Germany on the way out, so not a huge deal, but was still a long way to go.

Are you excited for the coming refresh of SSE?

It's almost time! Lol. We ended our Epcot day at SSE, then had to walk all the way back to the skyliner 😱. Lol. We wanted to stop in Germany on the way out, so not a huge deal, but was still a long way to go.

Are you excited for the coming refresh of SSE?
I am torn, I love how it is now but adding to it is def needed, I just dont like the idea of it being closed so long when they finally do the refurb.
We have park close ADR in Germany so leaving via skyliner will be perfect. I figured AoA bus for park open so we can knock out FW before lunch then spend afternoon food/drink hopping thru the countries.

I am torn, I love how it is now but adding to it is def needed, I just dont like the idea of it being closed so long when they finally do the refurb.
We have park close ADR in Germany so leaving via skyliner will be perfect. I figured AoA bus for park open so we can knock out FW before lunch then spend afternoon food/drink hopping thru the countries.
Hopefully your ADR goes past closing. Skyliner wait gets pretty long at end of night. Probably not any worse than bus stop, just seemed crazy long.

I had to grab some carmel corn from the worthers store. It was so good.

In case anyone has any interest we are switching our park days around and will be cancelling a 1/29 5:00 PM BOG reservation momentarily.

1/22 MK, departure

Early start to finish packing and deliver out bags to BLT bell services. Our ME bus time was 2:20pm so we had a good part of the day.

Walked to MK and had breakfast courtesy of Starbucks. Went on a few rides and then walked around while on a Zoom call with the kids back home. Lunch at Starlight Cafe and then one last MM Ice Cream bar while sitting in front of the castle.

The ME bus was late but we still made it to MCO in plenty of time. MCO to Houston and then Houston to San Antonio.

In bed by 10:30pm.

1/22 MK, departure

Early start to finish packing and deliver out bags to BLT bell services. Our ME bus time was 2:20pm so we had a good part of the day.

Walked to MK and had breakfast courtesy of Starbucks. Went on a few rides and then walked around while on a Zoom call with the kids back home. Lunch at Starlight Cafe and then one last MM Ice Cream bar while sitting in front of the castle.

The ME bus was late but we still made it to MCO in plenty of time. MCO to Houston and then Houston to San Antonio.

In bed by 10:30pm.
Glad you made it home! Sounds like you had a successful trip!

MK on 1/22. Crowds were unbelievably low. Expected low but so many were walk ons. Even the mountains were less than 45 minutes. Solid 75° and comfortable in a spirit jersey.

Epcot on 1/23. Crowds were a bit more substantial but still significantly less than the before times. Please stop at Germany & France! They are critical stops for both food & drinks. Hovered at 70° so paired a spirit jersey & a raincoat.

1/24 House of Blues for a boozy breakfast then off to the pool until back again for Homecomin' for dinner.

I do not anticipate being able to wear my remaining spirit jerseys as the weather is heating up 🙄

We were at DHS with a hop at 2 p.m. to MK on Friday - we did pretty much everything we wanted at both parks. Got to ride Rise 2x on this trip (group 52 and group 11, both times we rode before noon).

Wait times were inflated. On Friday night Splash was posted at 30ish minutes and Big Thunder was 45 minutes. We jumped on Splash around 6:30 for the 7 p.m. closing and managed to get both rides in (we did jump on Thunder just before 7 and only one group behind us).

On Sat, we spent our last (rainy) day at MK and it was definitely busier but still did get lots done at a slow pace. We rope dropped and was on and off 7DMT and PP by 8:40. We decided to hang out and wait for Small World which opened by maybe 8:55

We had an 8:30 p.m. flight but decided to leave MK around 4 and walked/Monorail (we split our group) over to Contempo Cafe for a mobile order dinner and headed out about 5:30 to get gas for the rental and head to the airport.

Weekday crowds were very low this week. We did see more non-compliance than we did on earlier trips though. Still, overall compliance was pretty high.

Everyone else traveling this month, I hope you have great trips!! :)

@disneyglitterglam We also stopped at France! Loved the brie (I think that was the only thing we tried there)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter