****Official January 2021 thread****

After our great luck of moving flights from Tuesday to Monday to avoid the snow (love you, Southwest), we ended up at Epcot all day Tuesday. Originally it was going to be a quick dinner visit after landing. Nice, leisurely day, with some midday pool time. Longest wait was 15 minutes for TT around 7:30 PM. Literally walked on everything else and never had to wait in line for any of the food. The five year old loved that they still had a modified Kidcot and was really into the Figment scavenger hunt.

Hit MK yesterday. Watched wait times on the app and moved against the crowd. From open to close, longest wait was 20 mins for Pirates. 7DMT floated around 40-45 most of the day. Hit it right before close and it was really between 15-20. Be Our Guest was amazing, as always. We only skipped Space and Big Thunder, neither because of wait time.

Off to HS this morning to be reminded there are more than 100 other people on property right now. 😂

After our great luck of moving flights from Tuesday to Monday to avoid the snow (love you, Southwest), we ended up at Epcot all day Tuesday. Originally it was going to be a quick dinner visit after landing. Nice, leisurely day, with some midday pool time. Longest wait was 15 minutes for TT around 7:30 PM. Literally walked on everything else and never had to wait in line for any of the food. The five year old loved that they still had a modified Kidcot and was really into the Figment scavenger hunt.

Hit MK yesterday. Watched wait times on the app and moved against the crowd. From open to close, longest wait was 20 mins for Pirates. 7DMT floated around 40-45 most of the day. Hit it right before close and it was really between 15-20. Be Our Guest was amazing, as always. We only skipped Space and Big Thunder, neither because of wait time.

Off to HS this morning to be reminded there are more than 100 other people on property right now. 😂
Nice, sounds like you’ve had some great fun so far. Were you able to snag an RotR boarding group this morning?

I was! #34. All of our first time on it.
Yay congrats! We had 27 and with the low crowds, I thought a group near 30 was actually really good because it gives you time to get on all the other rides early before crowds show up, but should still be able to ride RotR before lunch.

Have a great day at Hollywood Studios!

I was! #34. All of our first time on it.
Awesome! Have SO much fun!!!
Last week on one day we were 52 and called by 11:30 so it might move quickly. (They seem to be starting pre-park opening on some days. Twice this year our BG was called before the park officially opened.)

Yay congrats! We had 27 and with the low crowds, I thought a group near 30 was actually really good because it gives you time to get on all the other rides early before crowds show up, but should still be able to ride RotR before lunch.

Have a great day at Hollywood Studios!
It's really awesome the ride (most days) is working as it should. We were so surprised to be called before lunch (and I'd made a 3:00 p.m. ADR so it hopefully wouldn't conflict with our BG. We were so hungry by the time our lunchtime arrived lol)

It's really awesome the ride (most days) is working as it should. We were so surprised to be called before lunch (and I'd made a 3:00 p.m. ADR so it hopefully wouldn't conflict with our BG. We were so hungry by the time our lunchtime arrived lol)
If someone does have an ADR that ends up conflicting with the boarding group, RotR is good about working with people for the most part. Either talk to them before your ADR if you see you're getting close, or just head there after and explain you had a dining reservation and just got done. You also have an hour return window, and dining usually takes less than an hour or right at an hour, so most of the time, you'll be fine.

If someone does have an ADR that ends up conflicting with the boarding group, RotR is good about working with people for the most part. Either talk to them before your ADR if you see you're getting close, or just head there after and explain you had a dining reservation and just got done. You also have an hour return window, and dining usually takes less than an hour or right at an hour, so most of the time, you'll be fine.
That's so good to know, thanks for sharing with us! I wasn't sure about what happens if you miss your BG.

Ours was at Sci-Fi and it seems they never sit on time lol (I've read that online and we'd only been there once before and it was true. We waited about 25 minutes this time too).

That's so good to know, thanks for sharing with us! I wasn't sure about what happens if you miss your BG.

Ours was at Sci-Fi and it seems they never sit on time lol (I've read that online and we'd only been there once before and it was true. We waited about 25 minutes this time too).
Oh wow, I checked in 15 minutes early to sci fi and we were seated before our ADR time. Crazy how that works sometimes. Might be because we were at noon, so a lot closer to their opening time. It does seem like SciFi is a busy place, always booked up.

So the snow is keeping us here until Monday. Oh darn. 😂

This trip went from Wed-Sun to Monday-Monday thanks to SW schedule changes and two snow storms.
We ended up going from Friday midday-monday am to Thursday midday- Wednesday am thanks to snow... got hs and a 2nd epcot day in, then home to clean up 30 inches of snow, I am ready for another trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter