****Official January 2021 thread****

1/17 AK
6:30am alarm.

Skipped BK at Mara and made an online order for Satu'li Canteen for lunch. Bee line straight for FoP. I don't remember the posted time because everything so far has been over stated. The end of the line was across the bridge in Harambe.

By this time we were hangry so I moved up the order to 10am. I think Satu'li Canteen provides one of the best meals on property. My family loves everything and it's something we have at home on a regular basis.

Shopped. Rode EE. Ate ice cream. Shopped some more. Took a bus to DS. Quick snack at the Daily Poutine. Didn’t buy a single thing but had drinks at Jock's. I did get in the virtual lines for both Gideon's and Everglazed but the wait times were 4+. I'll hit them up next trip.

Bus to Kidiani for dinner at Sanaa. So good. Showered and in bed by 9:30pm.
Quote Reply

1/18 EPCOT
No alarm today since EPCOT doesn't open until 11am. We took our time getting ready and packing up. Dropped off our bags at bell services for our stay at Bay Lake Tower. Breakfast at Mara.

Once at EPCOT we did the paint by number activity and then rode Soarin and Living with the Land. Started our trek around the world and ate,

Lobster Poutine
Raspberry Macarons
Chocolate Croissant
Chilled Seafood Cocktail
Coconut and Passion Fruit Smoothie
Sushi Donut
Masu Sake
Oatmeal, Apple, Caramel, Pecan cookie
Turtle

It was after 6pm and I still had not received our room assignment. I used the chat feature on the app to speak to a CM to find out what the situation was. The CM said they were expecting us later. She made the update and I immediately got the text.

Theme park view at Bay Lake. In bed by 9pm.

Yes and each app is fairly different early in our trip.

72 / 81 / 85 shown for the 26th
71 / 75 / 83 for the 27th

😂

More consistent (71-73) rest of the week
We’ll be there the 23-29 and boy are the weather channel and accuweather different!! How can they be 10+!degrees off lol?? I WAS packed...as we speak I am packing tank tops and an extra swimsuit.

We’ll be there the 23-29 and boy are the weather channel and accuweather different!! How can they be 10+!degrees off lol?? I WAS packed...as we speak I am packing tank tops and an extra swimsuit.

Accuweather is super conservative for the week. I think they are hoping we are pleasantly surprised by 80’s. They have 71 on Tuesday compared 88 on Carrot Weather. 88. 🤦🏻‍♂️

We were there the same week last year and the same thing happened. We ended up not wearing half or more of what we brought.

I am flying in 28th - 1st and I am adding jackets and hats to my list LOL - Not officially putting anything in my suitcase until next Tuesday with the constant changes to temps.

Our trip last weekend unfortunately stayed closer to the lower temps. On the flip side, if you plan appropriately with clothing where you won't be bothered by early morning or after sunset cold, you should be able to experience some low crowds during those times.

I was HOPING for cooler weather...I have 5 brand new spirit jerseys that I expected to wear😫😫😫😫

plus my quarantine body isn’t ready for shorts lol
I never wear shorts! Lol. Legs are way too white to be seen in public 🤣. It's jeans everywhere I go, regardless of weather, lol.

Just stopping in to say I hope everyone who has already gone this month had a great trip and good wishes to anyone still going. We were supposed to leave in 4 days. Wow. Hard to wrap my head around that. I would have been all packed and ready. I know I will appreciate the fact that I will still have my trip to look forward to but I have been watching the vlogs about the Festival of the Arts and it makes me sad that I will miss it. I'm also sad I won't be there for my birthday now. :( Anyway as I said best wishes for a great trip to anyone still going!!!

I am there 23-30 and I’m getting whiplash from how much the second half is changing!

I’m completely second guessing what days we are doing what parks after seeing midweek wait times. The plan is one park a day. When I made the park reservations we were originally getting in on Wednesday morning and we’re going to head straight to AK. Now we get in Tuesday night. We also picked Friday for MK since we were able to snag BOG reservations.

We currently have:

Wed - AK
Thur - HS
Fri - MK
Sat - EP

Thinking of moving HS to Friday or Saturday since it’s always busy there and taking advantage of a quieter Thursday elsewhere. I’ll drive myself nuts with this until the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter