***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

ADR day for me tomorrow :)

Had the first part of mine today. Got Ohana on the 4th, a PPo Tusker and a later Beaches and Creme. Rose and Crown and Spirit of Aloha do not seem to have opened yet. I have to go back on in a couple of days to get the rest of my split stay. Via Napoli and possibly Raglan Road or Sci Fi. Then again Whispering canyon and Park fare seem good too. I am having trouble deciding.

Made almost all of our ADR's this morning. Just waiting for Fantasmic packages for Brown Derby and Hollywood & Vine to to be loaded into the computer. Otherwise, no issues considering I was making all kinds of reservations for 7 people so every day is a different combination for meals. LOL

Had the first part of mine today. Got Ohana on the 4th, a PPo Tusker and a later Beaches and Creme. Rose and Crown and Spirit of Aloha do not seem to have opened yet. I have to go back on in a couple of days to get the rest of my split stay. Via Napoli and possibly Raglan Road or Sci Fi. Then again Whispering canyon and Park fare seem good too. I am having trouble deciding.

What day were you trying to book Spirit of Aloha for? I was able to book it on July 5th. I booked a Cali Grill for July 4th just in case we wanted to go but almost booked an Ohana instead. We are planning on doing a water park that day and then trying to watch the MK fireworks somewhere.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for BOG for the 4th. I may book a Rose and Crown and a Raglan Road (love that place) too!

What day were you trying to book Spirit of Aloha for? I was able to book it on July 5th. I booked a Cali Grill for July 4th just in case we wanted to go but almost booked an Ohana instead. We are planning on doing a water park that day and then trying to watch the MK fireworks somewhere.

Any day for the first part of our trip. I think the other days they do no do it but I thought they did on the 3rd. It is a couple days before I can try for the 5th. Te site is down now. glad you got what you wanted. I am surprised by the availability considering its 4th of July and Free dining BB

Thank you I tried again and got it for the 1st

I got up early to make my ADR's....turns out I'm two days early. Whoops! :o

I did that too. I was only one day early though

Did you have any luck?
Eventually! We have a split stay so I got to finish up today for the second half of our trip.

We also have Ohana on the 4th - we are doing breakfast there and then planning a day by the pool! I am also stalking Rose and Crown for dinner... hopefully it opens soon!

We also have Ohana on the 4th - we are doing breakfast there and then planning a day by the pool! I am also stalking Rose and Crown for dinner... hopefully it opens soon![/QUOTE]

Our plan is to hang out at the Poly all day. still trying to decide between breakfast and dinner at Ohana

Our plan is to hang out at the Poly all day. still trying to decide between breakfast and dinner at Ohana

We will see you there! We booked the patio space at the Oasis pool for the day - we are planning on Ohana breakfast and then pools all day - we are staying CL so we will just keep getting snacks and drinks from the lounge - maybe some sushi by the pool for lunch :-) Already looking forward to the day!

I'm so glad I found this thread!! I am Disney clueless, having only been once in summer 2014. I also went once in the 70's and once in the 80's, back in the olden days, lol. I remember being just BLOWN AWAY by the monorail and all the topiaries they had in the shape of Disney characters! As a kid I visited the poly, and distinctly remember my parents saying "when you're an adult, you can pay the $ to stay here". GUESS WHAT MOM AND DAD? I rented a DVC room for July 4th thru 9th, so so excited! It will be me, DH, DS13, DD10 and DD8. (FYI My username is a combo of my dog's name + my area code, so I am the mom/planner).

I am so happy to follow this thread and learn. For example, just how crowded will the poly beach be on the 4th? Which parks should we do on which days? Should we fork over $ for a water park or just hang at the volcano pool??? I have so much to learn. Farewell my fellow July-ers...we will all be there before we know it!!

Last edited:
P.S. We will be at that other park (coughcoughUniversalcough) on the first 2 days of July, first time ever. My kids are all Potterheads, but I am personally super excited about visiting Springfield USA! Those are my people. I am already planning to try a flaming Moe, a giant pink donut, and a squishy if that exists!

Last edited:
I'm so glad I found this thread!! I am Disney clueless, having only been once in summer 2014. I also went once in the 70's and once in the 80's, back in the olden days, lol. I remember being just BLOWN AWAY by the monorail and all the topiaries they had in the shape of Disney characters! As a kid I visited the poly, and distinctly remember my parents saying "when you're an adult, you can pay the $ to stay here". GUESS WHAT MOM AND DAD? I rented a DVC room for July 4th thru 9th, so so excited! It will be me, DH, DS13, DD10 and DD8. (FYI My username is a combo of my dog's name + my area code, so I am the mom/planner).

I am so happy to follow this thread and learn. For example, just how crowded will the poly beach be on the 4th? Which parks should we do on which days? Should we fork over $ for a water park or just hang at the volcano pool??? I have so much to learn. Farewell my fellow July-ers...we will all be there before we know it!!

:welcome:
I will add you to role call!
The Poly is AMAZING! You'll love it!
I would imagine the Poly beach will be crowded on the 4th, but I don't know for sure. Personally, I would just hang at either of the Poly pools and forget the water parks. :)

P.S. We will be at that other park (coughcoughUniversalcough) on the first 2 days of July, first time ever. My kids are all Potterheads, but I am personally super excited about visiting Springfield USA! Those are my people. I am already planning to try a flaming Moe, a giant pink donut, and a squishy if that exists!

We went to Universal last year for the first time. Loved it too. We are huge HP fans! I could have spent all my time hanging out in the HP lands. They are that good! We're going to try to go back next year.

Well I went all out this morning for my two week Disney vacation and I booked exactly 1 ADR. :rotfl:

I booked a late BOG lunch for the 4th of July. We decided to stick to counter service. I may add something else down the road.

Add us! This trip will be me, DD22, DD15, DS13, DS5 and my grandson who will be 8 months old for the trip. DH is skipping this time, he is Disney-ed out.
I couldn't wait to infect my grandson with the Disney disease, we kept saying when he was 2, but I decided sooner!
We are actually doing a lot in a short time.
Driving from Iowa, to Panama City, then to Loews Port for Uni/IOA Friday July 14th. (Just doing 1 day and hitting our favs)
Friday night -Saturday POR and Disney Springs Saturday.
Saturday afternoon we check in to POLY for two nights and we will hit MK Sunday and waiting on Pandora to decide Monday's plan and where we stay Monday night.
IF AK then a resort closer to AK, if HS then BC.
I think for ADRs this trip CM Saturday night, Ohana Sunday, and if we do HS we'll try for the dessert party. If AK then I have no idea. :)
I haven't done Disney in the summer for awhile, so that's why we opted for POLY for easy breaks at MK.
A bit nervous about the drive, my first time doing the roadtrip without DH. That's why we are heading to Panama City beach first, to go down thru Miss instead of Atlanta. :crazy2:
Anyway, I am just excited to be heading "home". pixiedust:

Add us! This trip will be me, DD22, DD15, DS13, DS5 and my grandson who will be 8 months old for the trip. DH is skipping this time, he is Disney-ed out.
I couldn't wait to infect my grandson with the Disney disease, we kept saying when he was 2, but I decided sooner!
We are actually doing a lot in a short time.
Driving from Iowa, to Panama City, then to Loews Port for Uni/IOA Friday July 14th. (Just doing 1 day and hitting our favs)
Friday night -Saturday POR and Disney Springs Saturday.
Saturday afternoon we check in to POLY for two nights and we will hit MK Sunday and waiting on Pandora to decide Monday's plan and where we stay Monday night.
IF AK then a resort closer to AK, if HS then BC.
I think for ADRs this trip CM Saturday night, Ohana Sunday, and if we do HS we'll try for the dessert party. If AK then I have no idea. :)
I haven't done Disney in the summer for awhile, so that's why we opted for POLY for easy breaks at MK.
A bit nervous about the drive, my first time doing the roadtrip without DH. That's why we are heading to Panama City beach first, to go down thru Miss instead of Atlanta. :crazy2:
Anyway, I am just excited to be heading "home". pixiedust:

:welcome: I just added you! Hope I got your dates right! Sounds like a busy, but fun trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter