***Official July 2019 thread***

I need pixie dust, guys. My husband hurt his knee who knows how and we have an appointment with the ortho today. I'm hoping he won't need surgery.

As for our trip, he says he will ride a scooter and not care who judges him. lol. I feel terrible for him. Fingers crossed this is just minor!

Today was fast pass day for us 60 days out. The MDE APP kept glitching it was sooo frustrating. I am managing passes for 9 ppl 2 of which are arriving late to the trip, 1 disabled and 1 motion sickness and lastly 1 with a bad back. So i had to get seperate passes for a few rides. I called Disney 2 times for help. It kept saying saving selection but then never showed up after. All is good now. I got everything i really wanted at the times that worked best for us except slinky dog was on available during afternoon when we wont be in the parks. Even with the head aches im happy with the out come.

We’re there almost the same dates as you, and also our first time in a deluxe! (YC) I’m a little worried it’ll ruin us for staying mod again, but we really loved POR, so we’ll probably be ok.
We are DVC so we get a deluxe stay every year but for our other trips we usually do mods and its fine. I have even done value though I do not prefer it at all.

Insomnia saved me 150.00 :teeth:
AP discounts for summer released. Got parts of my split cheaper :woohoo:
Now back to :faint:

ETA: Now that I am really awake, went back in and changed 3 nights at CR to the summer GC deal, so that should get me 120 in GC. :goodvibes (Saved me 12.00 in the booking as well)
I can save myself a whole $9 a night with AP rates but it won't let me book. Fortunately we got such an awesome deal on the Sun & Fun at CSR that nothing other than the AP rates can come close to it.

So 65 days until our July trip but I have two trips before that. Our May trip is in 2 days!!!!! And our June trip is in 39.

For July we are the 4th-7th. I think we will drive part of the way down on the 3rd (we are in Atlanta) and then finish up on the 4th. Originally we were just going to start out around 6am on the 4th but I don't want to be too tired for that evening.

7/4 - MK, Dessert Party booked, will start FPs at 5:30pm as we aren't going to rush to get in. Last year they closed at 1am, so I'd be happy to stay a bit after fireworks and get some more night rides in, but we'll see how it goes.
7/5 AK/Epcot. Tusker breakfast, Le Cellier dinner
7/6 DHS/MK Sci Fi lunch, LTT dinner
7/7 MK AM maybe, drive home because even though me the boys and I are off (teacher here), hubby will have to work Monday.

Excited to see the 4th fireworks in person. We watched them live streamed last year and decided then and there, since we would have APs, we would see them in person this year!

So 65 days until our July trip but I have two trips before that. Our May trip is in 2 days!!!!! And our June trip is in 39.

For July we are the 4th-7th. I think we will drive part of the way down on the 3rd (we are in Atlanta) and then finish up on the 4th. Originally we were just going to start out around 6am on the 4th but I don't want to be too tired for that evening.

7/4 - MK, Dessert Party booked, will start FPs at 5:30pm as we aren't going to rush to get in. Last year they closed at 1am, so I'd be happy to stay a bit after fireworks and get some more night rides in, but we'll see how it goes.
7/5 AK/Epcot. Tusker breakfast, Le Cellier dinner
7/6 DHS/MK Sci Fi lunch, LTT dinner
7/7 MK AM maybe, drive home because even though me the boys and I are off (teacher here), hubby will have to work Monday.

Excited to see the 4th fireworks in person. We watched them live streamed last year and decided then and there, since we would have APs, we would see them in person this year!

We will be at the dessert party on 7/4, also! And Epcot on 7/5 evening and MK 7/7 AM. :D

I'm thinking we will make our first FP for 4pm on the 4th. I doubt we can make it there before then, as we'll be driving in that morning from Tallahassee. I'm also hoping for a 1am closing time.

Thank you! Been a long day dealing with medical stuff bleh. MRI scheduled in about a month. He says he's going on vacation no matter what, so we'll see how it goes. I guess sitting at AKL is better than being on the couch at home :)

Yikes. That does not sound fun. I'm sure my DH would be the same! I hope everything works out for you guys.

Which days did you get them for? I'm trying to make my strategy!
If you count our arrival day:
SDD Day 4
FOP Day 3 and 8

For SDD, I really wanted day 2 but was able to get it on day 4 which is our rest day but we will head over and ride it if the kids want to (staying at BWI). They were completely gone for day 2.

FOP day 3 I ended up changing to Navi due to the late time but day 8 will be just fine. Day 3 available times started at 4pm. We are definitely out of there by 4 lol! :p
I actually went in later that night to tweak some times. Safari and EE had no more FPs but FOP had lots of times even in the morning. I did not expect that.

Also, ToT was difficult. There were zero FPs on our day 2. Had to get them day 4 or we will try at RD.

Hope that helps with your strategy and good luck!!:wave:

SDD Day 4
FOP Day 3 and 8

For SDD, I really wanted day 2 but was able to get it on day 4 which is our rest day but we will head over and ride it if the kids want to (staying at BWI). They were completely gone for day 2.

FOP day 3 I ended up changing to Navi due to the late time but day 8 will be just fine. Day 3 available times started at 4pm. We are definitely out of there by 4 lol! :p
I actually went in later that night to tweak some times. Safari and EE had no more FPs but FOP had lots of times even in the morning. I did not expect that.

Also, ToT was difficult. There were zero FPs on our day 2. Had to get them day 4 or we will try at RD.

Thank you for the details! We plan to RD ToT after EMM. I hope it works.

That's what we're thinking, too. I'd like to get ToT and RnRC after EMM and then head over to breakfast, but not sure those 2 rides plus eating a meal can be accomplished in just over an hour. No matter what, it's a lot of walking back and forth across the park.

SDD Day 4
FOP Day 3 and 8

Thank you for this! Very helpful. We're not going to AK until day 6, so looks like that'll make getting FOP in the morning hopefully possible. We moved AK from day 4 to 6 for this reason. Interesting about Safari and EE, too! We're planning those for our other 2 at AK.

Last edited:
We will be at the dessert party on 7/4, also! And Epcot on 7/5 evening and MK 7/7 AM. :D

I'm thinking we will make our first FP for 4pm on the 4th. I doubt we can make it there before then, as we'll be driving in that morning from Tallahassee. I'm also hoping for a 1am closing time.
We have got to cross paths one of these days! I think our March trips overlapped and we were both at Pop? Maybe July will be the one!

So in Nov we did HS EMM and the plan was to do TOT (my favorite) at RD. We also ate the included EMM breakfast at the end so walked out of there about 2 minutes after RD. Decided to walk by Echo Lake quick to visit Santa Gertie; by the time we got to TOT at 9:13 the wait was 50 minutes! This was the week of Thanksgiving and since you're talking 4th of July my point is go directly there at RD lol

So in Nov we did HS EMM and the plan was to do TOT (my favorite) at RD. We also ate the included EMM breakfast at the end so walked out of there about 2 minutes after RD. Decided to walk by Echo Lake quick to visit Santa Gertie; by the time we got to TOT at 9:13 the wait was 50 minutes! This was the week of Thanksgiving and since you're talking 4th of July my point is go directly there at RD lol

Yep that's the plan. ToT BEFORE breakfast. They've talked me into riding for the first time in 10 years, so I definitely don't want to eat first. :rotfl2:

Finally got everything reserved and (hopefully!) finalized. Staying at Bonnet Creek Resort for trip until last night when we go to Wilderness Lodge. July 6-21.

Saturday – T-Rex Cafe

Sunday – Epcot/Teppan Edo (12:00)/Via Napoli (6:25)

Monday – Magic Kingdom/Ohana (4:25)

Tuesday – Typhoon Lagoon/Hoop Dee Doo (6:15)

Wednesday – DHS/50's Prime Time (12:00)/Sci Fi Dine In (6:45)

Thursday – Chef Mickey’s (7:25)/Animal Kingdom/Rainforest Café (12:00)/Maria & Enzos (7:10)

Friday - Crystal Palace (8:45)/Magic Kingdom

Saturday – Busch Gardens/Rainforest Café

Sunday – Discovery Cove/Polite Pig

Monday – Sea World

Tuesday – Magic Kingdom/Plaza (12:00)/Liberty Tree Tavern (6:15)

Wednesday – DHS/Sci Fi Dine In (11:45)/50’s Prime Time (6:40)

Thursday – Tusker House (8:35)/Animal Kingdom/Rainforest Café

Friday – Epcot/San Angel Inn (12:00)/Via Napoli (7:10)

Saturday – Whispering Canyon (7:30)/Magic Kingdom/Tony’s Town Square (6:05)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter