**** official june 2015 thread! **** come check in!

I was supposed to be leaving for Disneyland this morning for a quick weekend, but my trip got canceled last week, so everyone have extra fun for me please! Also, eat an extra dole whip for me!

My new anniversary ears that I just got are in the backseat of my car like "Wait, what? We aren't going anywhere now? Wahhhhhhh!!"

Last edited:
I was supposed to be leaving for Disneyland this morning for a quick , but my trip got canceled last week, so everyone have extra fun for me please! Also, eat an extra dole whip for me!

My new anniversary ears that I just got are in the backseat of my car like "Wait, what? We're aren't going anywhere now? Wahhhhhhh!!"
Boo! That is horrible news! I hope you have an other trip planned soon!

@Angrose I do! We just booked the GCH for dapper days in September. Luckily, most of my weekends between now and then seem busy, so hopefully it passes quickly!

@Angrose I do! We just booked the GCH for dapper days in September. Luckily, most of my weekends between now and then seem busy, so hopefully it passes quickly!
That's great! I really want to go to a Dapper Day, but the dates just never seem to work out for us. One of these days, I hope. I can't wait to see what you all wear!

Half way through our trip. Having a rest day. So far it has been amazing. Crowds have been fine to me. Nothing one can't cope with.
Ridemax and emh everyday has been valuable. Have done all the major rides no problems.
Everyone here is so nice. I've had so many people ask where I got my stormtrooper backpack from, even people wanting to take pictures of my back.
Met a lot of awesome American holiday makers who love to chat, especially when they here the Australian accent.

A Cast member gave my daughter a magic moment which was awesome.
We still have 5 days on our pass to go, so we will continue to enjoy every moment.

Highlight for myself is having a stormtrooper walk up behind me after seeing my backpack and put his arm on my shoulder, gave me a nod then I had 2 stormtrooper following me around for about 5 minutes holding my daughters hand.
Awesome.

Made it to Anaheim. At my hotel, Minnie Ears... Check... Lime Green Dis Boards Mickey on my backpack... Check :tinker:

Just waiting for my friend to arrive , then its off to the parks for the evening. If any Disers are in the park and see my Lime Green Mickey, would love to say hi

Half way through our trip. Having a rest day. So far it has been amazing. Crowds have been fine to me. Nothing one can't cope with.
Ridemax and emh everyday has been valuable. Have done all the major rides no problems.
Everyone here is so nice. I've had so many people ask where I got my stormtrooper backpack from, even people wanting to take pictures of my back.
Met a lot of awesome American holiday makers who love to chat, especially when they here the Australian accent.

A Cast member gave my daughter a magic moment which was awesome.
We still have 5 days on our pass to go, so we will continue to enjoy every moment.

Highlight for myself is having a stormtrooper walk up behind me after seeing my backpack and put his arm on my shoulder, gave me a nod then I had 2 stormtrooper following me around for about 5 minutes holding my daughters hand.
Awesome.

I saw someone in the parks today with a storm trooper backpack....I pointed it out to my husband! Maybe that was you?

I
I saw someone in the parks today with a storm trooper backpack....I pointed it out to my husband! Maybe that was you?

If it was DCA it would of been me. Will be there again tomorrow. :)

My daughter was given a Goofy sky school certificate today allowing us to walk onto the ride all day. Even though it was down a few times we managed about 15 rides of it. She just didn't want to stop riding it.

Last edited:
Just back from an evening visit to the main park. I will write up a full trip report when I get home, but just had to report in on Paint The Night and the new fireworks.

We got to the park about 6.15 pm and headed straight along the parade route to the top of the hub. The side walks were already filling up but we managed to find an amazing spot right at the curb at the top of the hub. The Matterhorn and parade route from Fantasy land was in front of us with the castle to our left. We were right at the corner of the roped off area in front of the castle. The area we were in was seated area for the parade. We were in our spot by 6.30 pm and just stayed put. We took turns going for food and the 2 and a bit hours just went. It looked like most people in that area were there for 3 plus hours. When the parade started we had an amazing view as the parade came towards us and then turned the corner in front of us, so we got both the front view and the side view.

Once the last float past, you need to be on the ball though. As soon as the CM takes down the rope on the left, everyone jumps up from their seated position, and turns left for an amazing view of the Castle. Everyone from the other side of the street came over to our side and it got very crowded very quickly. Stay on the side walk, don't step down onto the street, as that few inches makes a difference as you can see over the the heads of the people in the front section. Make sure you can see both the Castle and the Matterhorn as they use the Matterhorn for projections too.

I'm not sure if its in every area, but during a certain section of the fireworks, there was an interactive surprise in the area we were in :)

Once the fireworks were done, it was insanely crowded. My friend had to leave but I stayed. From that area, its best just to go into Fantasyland, walk around IASW and continue onwards to Big Thunder Mountain. I kept walking into New Orleans Square, where they were preparing for Fantasmic. This is the best time to go to Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Haunted Mansion was a 5 minute wait and Pirates was a walk on!

After Pirates, I decided to head back to my hotel as we have a full day planned for tomorrow. The best time to leave the park is during the second Paint The Night.

I have a Lime Green Mickey on my backpack, so if you see it, would love to say hi. Ok, I need to get some sleep now :)

Just back from an evening visit to the main park. I will write up a full trip report when I get home, but just had to report in on Paint The Night and the new fireworks.

We got to the park about 6.15 pm and headed straight along the parade route to the top of the hub. The side walks were already filling up but we managed to find an amazing spot right at the curb at the top of the hub. The Matterhorn and parade route from Fantasy land was in front of us with the castle to our left. We were right at the corner of the roped off area in front of the castle. The area we were in was seated area for the parade. We were in our spot by 6.30 pm and just stayed put. We took turns going for food and the 2 and a bit hours just went. It looked like most people in that area were there for 3 plus hours. When the parade started we had an amazing view as the parade came towards us and then turned the corner in front of us, so we got both the front view and the side view.

Once the last float past, you need to be on the ball though. As soon as the CM takes down the rope on the left, everyone jumps up from their seated position, and turns left for an amazing view of the Castle. Everyone from the other side of the street came over to our side and it got very crowded very quickly. Stay on the side walk, don't step down onto the street, as that few inches makes a difference as you can see over the the heads of the people in the front section. Make sure you can see both the Castle and the Matterhorn as they use the Matterhorn for projections too.

I'm not sure if its in every area, but during a certain section of the fireworks, there was an interactive surprise in the area we were in :)

Once the fireworks were done, it was insanely crowded. My friend had to leave but I stayed. From that area, its best just to go into Fantasyland, walk around IASW and continue onwards to Big Thunder Mountain. I kept walking into New Orleans Square, where they were preparing for Fantasmic. This is the best time to go to Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Haunted Mansion was a 5 minute wait and Pirates was a walk on!

After Pirates, I decided to head back to my hotel as we have a full day planned for tomorrow. The best time to leave the park is during the second Paint The Night.

I have a Lime Green Mickey on my backpack, so if you see it, would love to say hi. Ok, I need to get some sleep now :)

I'll keep my eyes open for your lime green Mickey. Have fun in the parks today!

Headed to California now! I have a quick question. If we have a park hopper pass can one runner go to the other park and get fast passes?

3 days left. Will spend last 2 days at Disneyland. This has been the best trip for my daughter and girlfriend. The trip from Australia was worth it. We have met so many great people, mostly Americans in the park who laugh at our accent or want to know where the heck did I get my stormtrooper backpack from.
We have had many magical moments, a trip report will be a must after I get back home.
This forum has made our trip so easy to plan, and everything has gone smoothly, a big thanks to the amazing ridemax.
We love this place.

It looks like our time here is ending, guys. It's been great fun planning and dreaming with all of you. To those who reported back their experiences, thank you. To those who silently followed along, I give you a nod. Thanks to figmentforever24 for starting and monitoring this thread. And thanks to all for making this thread a great place to hang out. So many threads go south on the Dis these days. I'm proud to be a part of one that has been truly enjoyable!

It looks like our time here is ending, guys. It's been great fun planning and dreaming with all of you. To those who reported back their experiences, thank you. To those who silently followed along, I give you a nod. Thanks to figmentforever24 for starting and monitoring this thread. And thanks to all for making this thread a great place to hang out. So many threads go south on the Dis these days. I'm proud to be a part of one that has been truly enjoyable!
Well said.
How is everyone doing now that their holiday is over?
Hope everyone made great memories, lots of pics and goodies.
Time to plan the next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter