**Official March 2017 Thread**

Whew! It was our fast pass morning! I got up at 4:45 am to make sure I had time to book and get to work on time. I am happy to say that I booked everything we were hoping for with the exception of timing. Crossing the park several times at Epcot to get to FP and ADR because FEA wasn't available for the time I needed. At least I got it, though!

Quick question...Does anyone know if they might extend morning hours in March? They did last year to open at 8:00, but I think it might have been because of crowd levels for Easter.

Congrats on your FP's
Yes I would say there's more than a good chance hours will be extended.

Joining in! DH and I just decided a few days ago to do a quick trip without the kids, so we'll be at CSR March 25th-28th. Very excited to be doing F&G again this year in March AND again in May :goodvibes

Welcome stranger I'm so happy you get to go in March :hug:
Just wish it was during my week :sad:

Hi there! If I stay at a Disney property and want to go to Universal Studios...... what is the easiest way to do this? Do most people check out of the disney hotel and stay in a new one for a couple nights or do you try to do Universal in a day and return to Disney? Do you rent a car? Is there a different transportation to Universal? Also- about what time of year do most of the FREE dining plan specials come out? Thank you in advance!
I'm planning to use Uber to get to Universal. I like the idea of not being tied to a schedule and the price estimate is good. Each time I've checked the price estimate, it is less than $20 one way.

Decided to take a trip this March during our Spring Break to celebrate DD's birthday...and me (hopefully successfully) defending my dissertation! I've never done a last minute trip, but why not! We'll be likely staying at POP (still have to book) and going from 3/6-3/9 after spending a few days at the beach!

I'm planning to use Uber to get to Universal. I like the idea of not being tied to a schedule and the price estimate is good. Each time I've checked the price estimate, it is less than $20 one way.
Perfect! That is kinda what I was thinking!

I got an email from touringplans.com saying that they were dropping the crowd level expectations for most of March!! I sure hope this turns out to be true!

That would be great!! It's the crowds that worry me more than any part of our upcoming trip.

Do you have a subscription to get emails from TP?

That would be great!! It's the crowds that worry me more than any part of our upcoming trip.

Do you have a subscription to get emails from TP?
I'm not 100% sure on that, but I think you do have to have the subscription to get the emails about upcoming trips. I have a trip (or two!) planned in their system and that is why I got the email. I have had a subscription for years since I am an AP. It's well worth the investment in my opinion. I love using their lines app for wait times in park. Their wait time estimates seem to be a little more accurate than Disney's and their also seems faster than Disney's.

I got an email from touringplans.com saying that they were dropping the crowd level expectations for most of March!! I sure hope this turns out to be true!
Aren't park hours more likely to be extended with higher crowds? Low crowds are great except for the shorter hours.

Hello! I got my email yesterday for Touring Plans letting me know that crowd levels dropped to a 7 from an 8! Today was FP+ day and I got everything we wanted and even moved some around already! I can't believe I'm only 60 days away!!

Hello! I got my email yesterday for Touring Plans letting me know that crowd levels dropped to a 7 from an 8! Today was FP+ day and I got everything we wanted and even moved some around already! I can't believe I'm only 60 days away!!

Congrats :thumbsup2
Makes the trip feel that much closer :goodvibes

We have 59 days :goodvibes I haven't even looked at any crowd calendars but that's nice TP expects lower crowds now. I did do some FP's yesterday and was surprised there were TONS of SDMT left for both days I did MK! This was even at 10 am so a few hours after the window opened up.

We have 59 days :goodvibes I haven't even looked at any crowd calendars but that's nice TP expects lower crowds now. I did do some FP's yesterday and was surprised there were TONS of SDMT left for both days I did MK! This was even at 10 am so a few hours after the window opened up.

I got an email as well for our 10 days all but 4 dropped to a 6 and the others went down to 8.
Hoping everyone's trip will be low in crowds and high in fun party:

Do you just pay for uber online?? What about tip? Never used uber before but want to for universal trip as well

Just came across this thread, so adding my trip: March 25-30 POR! Had to cut this trip short due to DD's club volleyball tourney in WV 3/31-4/2. Should make for an interesting week!

Do you just pay for uber online?? What about tip? Never used uber before but want to for universal trip as well
Get the free Uber app and link your credit card to it. Very easy to use!

Check out the uber thread in the Transportation forum - tons of great information. If you are interested in using Uber or Lyft, download the apps and explore. Tipping is included in the Lyft app and Uber states it's not expected but that seems to be a point of contention.

Dunno about you guys, but for me this is the hardest part of the waiting. All the fastpasses have been made, all the ADRs have been made (except one), daily plans/park hopping plans have been made, nothing left to do or plan, just wait (and hope for a better time for BOG dinner to open up). 46 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter