***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

Well here I am at 21 days out and trying to modify a dang Frozen FP with no luck. I always do this to myself :sad2:

Anyone think I can hit Soarin and LWTL after our Garden Grill PPO and then make it to Frozen by 10:15? Our FP is 9:15-10:15. Is the 15 minute grace period still in play? I haven't ever had to use it lol.

Anyone think I can hit Soarin and LWTL after our Garden Grill PPO and then make it to Frozen by 10:15? Our FP is 9:15-10:15. Is the 15 minute grace period still in play? I haven't ever had to use it lol.

I think you will be okay. Be sure to arrive early (8am reservation) even if yours is later. Yes, the 15 minute grace period is still in play.

FYI...

Fridays (March) have been added to HS TSL EMM. Not able to book yet, though.

Last edited:
Anyone else have a running list of souvenirs to buy when there? :o
Here is mine, so far....
New doorhangers
Business shirts-maybe
Mickey sipper at MK (Sooo cute)
Mickey balloon popcorn bucket-MK (Again, sooo cute)

Every time a new item is posted, I want!
I take screenshots of everything I want. Mostly shirts but a few other items. I also screenshot all the snacks I want to try but maybe I should make a list!

We don't get Magic Bands because we are staying at the Shades of Green so it's a little bit of a bummer for not getting that little bit of pixie dust in the mail. We are using the bands we got for our September 2017 trip. The MDE keeps dropping my reservation for the Shades, luckily all my fast passes stay in tact. I keep messing with my sons hair and keep telling him to be ready to get his first haircut at Disney World.
I can relate somewhat because we declined ours this trip. We have several already and have 7 other trips planned this year, so there just wasn't a point. We decided to skip these particular ones bc this trip was semi last minute (booked Dec 22) and its resort only. But I am a little depressed about it.

AP bands usually go into customization the day after you select the color. They should hopefully come about a week after that (maybe 10 days at most). I think you should be ok before your trip! Plus you will also get the orange sliders if you do not already have them for the AP affiliation.
Not the OP but I have a question. We all 4 have AP vouchers. We are using them for the first time in June. BUT....I have the option to customize mine on MDE already. No one else in the family has this option, which is what I expected. No idea why I have that option already. I didn't customize it though bc I wasn't sure I should mess with it before I activate it.

Any ideas?

Not the OP but I have a question. We all 4 have AP vouchers. We are using them for the first time in June. BUT....I have the option to customize mine on MDE already. No one else in the family has this option, which is what I expected. No idea why I have that option already. I didn't customize it though bc I wasn't sure I should mess with it before I activate it.

Any ideas?

Where do you see that option? My MB page is all messed up right now.

So I’ve posted this on another area of the site but didn’t get much feedback. Seeking any kind of feedback good or bad on my itinerary. First time back in about 13 years. Going with my mom, DH, and DS who will turn 5 while we are there. My mom and I have been there about 10 times before but it’s the first time for DH and DS. We also all (including DS) love going out to dinners so we do have dinner plans every night. Anyhow here it is:

DAY 1/ARRIVAL DAY:

We arrive at 10:42 am and head right to the Magical Express where we will be whisked away to the beautiful Yacht Club in the Epcot Resort Area. We are on the deluxe dining plan but as it is the first day and timing is up in the air with arrival we are just going to wing it for lunch and grab something to eat at YC/BC or BW. Then the plan is to head over to Epcot for a bit. Fast Pass scheduled for 2:30 at Frozen and then another at 4:25 at The Seas with Nemo. That is just in enough time to allow to explore a bit before ADR at 5:45 at Coral Reef. Depending if exhaustion is hitting anyone following dinner we may wander around Epcot for a bit after dinner and maybe hang out for Illuminations.

DAY 2/MAGIC KINGDOM:

AND NOW IT'S TIME TO KICK IT INTO HIGH GEAR! Plan is to be at the gate well before opening and spend some time exploring Main Street. Then off to our ADR at 9:35 am at Crystal Palace for the awesome breakfast buffet and start the day meeting some characters. I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in our fast passes on this day. Even though I logged on at 7:00 am on the exact 60th day beforehand, I did not get nearly the times that I had hoped for but looking on the bright side at least I got the rides I wanted. FP for Magic Kingdom: Peter Pan's Flight 11:20 am, Splash Mountain 12:40 pm, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 2:50 pm. We are just going to have to wing it for the rest and hope to catch some other rides during some off times. My mom has already offered to take DS during times that DH and I wait for Big Thunder & Space Mountain so at least that's something! Also, although we are on the deluxe plan we are making the most of character breakfasts and great dinners so no ADR's for lunch, just plan on snacking. The rest of the afternoon is completely up in the air as we don't have dinner until 6:50 pm at Yachtsman Steakhouse and since it's at our resort we don't have to worry about travel time.

DAY 3/HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS/DS's 5TH BIRTHDAY:

This day is specifically tailored for the birthday boy, with matching Toy Story birthday T shirts and all. Plan to be at the park before opening (of course!), then breakfast at Disney Junior Play 'n Dine at 8:40 am. I have to say I am really bummed about not being able to get FP's for all 3 rides in Toy Story land but oh well. FP's for Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Mania 10:35 am, Star Tours 12:00 pm, MuppetVision 1:35 pm. Hoping to be able to hop on Slinky Dog or Alien swirling saucers before or after Toy Story Mania but we will make it work. Unfortunately, we will be leaving the park early this day since I wanted to get an ADR at a fun spot for DS's birthday dinner and the only ADR I could score was T-Rex at 3:45 pm. All the other character dinners were either booked or not available until 9:00 pm which would definitely not work. However, DS is a dinosaur nut so I know that T-Rex will be perfect, plus being on the dining plan if we want to snack later on we can. I'm sure DS also won't mind exploring the shops at Disney Springs and maybe picking out a birthday present or two.

DAY 4/ANIMAL KINGDOM (a.k.a. Mommy's favorite!)

Having a background in veterinary medicine and being a HUGE animal lover, this is hands down my favorite park! Fun fact, when the park first open I submitted a resume to work there and told them I would pick up Elephant poop for free just to get my foot in the door, unfortunately I was not accepted. Anyhow, back to the trip. Donald's Dining Safari Breakfast at 9:10 am. FP's for Animal Kingdom: Kilamanjaro Safari 11:35 am, Dinosaur 2:05 pm, FOP 3:30 pm for DH and me only. I could only get these extremely spread out FP's but better than nothing. The dinner reservations at the Boathouse at Disney Springs at 6:45 pm.

DAY 5/EPCOT IN A.M./AFTERNOON ?

So this day is a bit up in the air. We have breakfast at 8:55 am at Cape May Café, again no travel time needed which is great! FP's at Epcot: 10:35 am Test Track, 11:35 am Mission Space, and 12:50 pm Journey Into Imagination. The rest of the afternoon we will decide on the fly. Maybe spend a day relaxing at the pool or mini golf. Maybe hop to another park that we had to leave early on another day. Who knows? This is the first time I'm not planning every single minute to the tee since it is my first time with a little one in toe and I don't want him to feel rushed or under pressure. Plus, DH is definitely a more fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy, so trying to make it enjoyable for him as well. Regardless, we have ADR at Narcoossee's at 5:50 pm and are gonna try to head to MK after for fireworks.

DAY 6/HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS?

So the plan is to return to Hollywood Studios this day since we had to leave early on Day 3. I do have FP's booked for DHS: 10:50 am Tower of Terror for DH (the rest of us are wimps lol), 12:25 pm Slinky Dog Dash, and 2:00 pm Rock N Roller Coaster (again for DH alone haha). However, I'm really fine with doing whatever this day. We have no breakfast ADR so we can just grab something wherever along the way. Whichever park we want to head to we can and we will just wing it. We do have ADR at Le Cellier Steakhouse at 4:45 pm, so likely will be spending the evening in Epcot and finishing the night off with Illuminations.

DAY 7/DON'T DREAM IT'S OVER:

Yes, this it, our final day. We will likely grab breakfast somewhere around the resort area. Maybe we will wander over to Epcot or even to Hollywood Studios briefly. Our flight is 5:45 pm so I assume Magic Express will pick us up around 3:00 pm. While we don't have a full day we still will have enough time to soak up a little more magic on our final day.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter