***Official March 2021 Thread***

We leave Friday night! I just opted today to pay and pick our seats on Frontier so we’d be at the front of the plane to get off and hustle our butts to ME since it’ll be so late at night. We’re headed to Walmart tonight to get toiletries.

Checking off all the last minute stuff—will all the animals have what they need/my father in law knows what to do? Do I have the right stuff for the parks? Do I need more than one sweatshirt?

What is everyone else’s final check list so I know what I’m missing?!
What stresses me out the most is packing up all the electronic stuff my kids need and all the right charges and extra plugs that we bring!

What stresses me out the most is packing up all the electronic stuff my kids need and all the right charges and extra plugs that we bring!

Ugh I’m not looking forward to the decision to let my daughter bring her “phone”—it’s just an old iPhone that only connects to wifi but it’s one more thing for her to lose or set down somewhere! Her older cousins will have their real phones though and I know she won’t want to feel left out even if she doesn’t use it. But you’re right, the electronics are their own animal!

We leave Sunday and will be there for 3 days. We Are beyond excited! I really hope the boardwalk has some places my fiancé and I can go sit outside and have some drinks.

Last minute trip to the Yacht Club planned for Spring Break. March 18-22. Hoping for a Beaches and Cream dinner reservation for my son's birthday! Hopefully people drop extras soon! Can't wait!

Fingers crossed for you!!!!!
We were at Beach Club Villas last week and tried every day prior to the trip and while there to snag a Beaches & Cream spot/join the walk up list! Pictures of that kitchen sink taunted us the whole time 🤣

I love detail! What were the things to prepare to be a little disappointed versus the things that keep you believing in the magic?

Luckily we all know what to expect so I can't say I was disappointed by the overall park experience. However that didn't hold true in regards to the resort. It didn't help that I really loved the place the first time I visited. As far as the parks the only thing that I didn't fully expect was how impossible it was to social distance. I kept reading recent posts about it but kept thinking it was just personal perceptions. It turns out everyone saying so was right. It was very crowded, even Mon-Thu. Which made it impossible to stay social distanced from everyone. There was one point where I just gave up as even sitting off to the side I had people nearly tripping over me. Outside of that I felt like Disney was doing the best they could. Most people were wearing their masks properly, honoring line markers and using the hand sanitizing stations. But some who didn't got yelled at by CMs to pull them up, which was nice to see.

The resort though... sigh. I stayed at Coronado and as mentioned I loved it the first time. This trip I was put in the Cabana's (last time Casita's) so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

Quick run down;

(issue one)
I requested connecting rooms due to it making it easier on us as we have special needs kids. We didn't get them, OK fine I know you don't always get what is requested. But there was an empty room between us, so we called the desk and inquired about it. They told us someone was already staying in it and that was that. The problem was the room was empty. The curtains were not fully closed, and each day we walked by we glanced in and each day it was empty. No one was staying there unless they were ghosts. So either A. staff didn't know or B. they straight lied so they didn't have to deal with it.

(issue two)
Our rooms were not ready until 6pm... OK so maybe the deep cleaning took awhile?

(issue three)
I found dead bugs on the floor, a "nose" item stuck to the tub and a wrapper left in the shower shelf. So I guess the deep clean idea is out.

(issue four)
The fridge was broken and had to call for a new one (and had gotten groceries delivered).

(issue five)
The towel hooks in the bathroom fell off and I had to repair them via a shoe.

(issue six)
Various light fixtures in the corridors were cracked, missing their casings or simply not working.

(issue seven)
Ice machine out of service, soda machine failing to dispense soda (same with bus stop). We had to call after losing eight bucks and the "annoyed" front desk told us they needed to contact the vending machine company.

Some of it may be petty but it added up and caused me to cross out future stays at CSR.

Overall we had a good time and it was a nice break. We got to do what we wanted and my wife ended up get a boarding pass at the 1pm mark which was a relief. I also "proposed" to her (vow renewal) at the Royal Table on our final night so it ended up pretty magical in the end.

Luckily we all know what to expect so I can't say I was disappointed by the overall park experience. However that didn't hold true in regards to the resort. It didn't help that I really loved the place the first time I visited. As far as the parks the only thing that I didn't fully expect was how impossible it was to social distance. I kept reading recent posts about it but kept thinking it was just personal perceptions. It turns out everyone saying so was right. It was very crowded, even Mon-Thu. Which made it impossible to stay social distanced from everyone. There was one point where I just gave up as even sitting off to the side I had people nearly tripping over me. Outside of that I felt like Disney was doing the best they could. Most people were wearing their masks properly, honoring line markers and using the hand sanitizing stations. But some who didn't got yelled at by CMs to pull them up, which was nice to see.

The resort though... sigh. I stayed at Coronado and as mentioned I loved it the first time. This trip I was put in the Cabana's (last time Casita's) so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

Quick run down;

(issue one)
I requested connecting rooms due to it making it easier on us as we have special needs kids. We didn't get them, OK fine I know you don't always get what is requested. But there was an empty room between us, so we called the desk and inquired about it. They told us someone was already staying in it and that was that. The problem was the room was empty. The curtains were not fully closed, and each day we walked by we glanced in and each day it was empty. No one was staying there unless they were ghosts. So either A. staff didn't know or B. they straight lied so they didn't have to deal with it.

(issue two)
Our rooms were not ready until 6pm... OK so maybe the deep cleaning took awhile?

(issue three)
I found dead bugs on the floor, a "nose" item stuck to the tub and a wrapper left in the shower shelf. So I guess the deep clean idea is out.

(issue four)
The fridge was broken and had to call for a new one (and had gotten groceries delivered).

(issue five)

(issue six)
Various light fixtures in the corridors were cracked, missing their casings or simply not working.

(issue seven)
Ice machine out of service, soda machine failing to dispense soda (same with bus stop). We had to call after losing eight bucks and the "annoyed" front desk told us they needed to contact the vending machine company.

Some of it may be petty but it added up and caused me to cross out future stays at CSR.

Overall we had a good time and it was a nice break. We got to do what we wanted and my wife ended up get a boarding pass at the 1pm mark which was a relief. I also "proposed" to her (vow renewal) at the Royal Table on our final night so it ended up pretty magical in the end.

It does sound like the non-hotel things were great--even if it's more crowded (or seems more crowded) than maybe we all thought it would be (or seem to be) when we booked our trips!

I've only stayed at CSR once before, and it was for work so I wasn't totally in vacation mode. I can see how it could be a great experience there, or a terrible one if the rooms and amenities aren't where they should be. It's not like you've got proximity or transportation as a fallback reason to be there, so the hotel better be as nice as you remembered it from your prior trip!

Quick run down;

(issue one)

(issue two)

(issue three)

(issue four)

(issue five)

(issue six)

(issue seven)

We're staying at CSR for the first time in the tower section. Yours in the 2nd or 3rd review I've read recently that said basically anything other than the tower area is getting a bit worn and shoddy feeling. I'm hopeful we don't have any issues but we will definitely keep these reviews in mind for the future!

It does sound like the non-hotel things were great--even if it's more crowded (or seems more crowded) than maybe we all thought it would be (or seem to be) when we booked our trips!

I've only stayed at CSR once before, and it was for work so I wasn't totally in vacation mode. I can see how it could be a great experience there, or a terrible one if the rooms and amenities aren't where they should be. It's not like you've got proximity or transportation as a fallback reason to be there, so the hotel better be as nice as you remembered it from your prior trip!

We re-booked three times and the final time was back in November. I remember watching videos and reading reports on how things were going and it looked great. I never would've thought with a 35% capacity that it would've been this crowded. BUT as I said we don't regret going. The situation with CSR was different for us back them also, we stayed in the Casita's and I think it's location (stop one, food, lobby) made things feel different.

But ya we are already talking about re-booking another trip as most of us do the day back (lol).

We re-booked three times and the final time was back in November. I remember watching videos and reading reports on how things were going and it looked great. I never would've thought with a 35% capacity that it would've been this crowded. BUT as I said we don't regret going. The situation with CSR was different for us back them also, we stayed in the Casita's and I think it's location (stop one, food, lobby) made things feel different.

But ya we are already talking about re-booking another trip as most of us do the day back (lol).

Ha we haven't even been yet during the pandemic and I got swindled into a girl's trip with a friend of mine and her daughter in May because she didn't want to take her daughter alone! (My daughter is just a little bit too young to fly by herself to an airport like MCO.) So, even if I hate our trip this week I still love Disney and everyone knows I'm an easy one to convince!

We're staying at CSR for the first time in the tower section. Yours in the 2nd or 3rd review I've read recently that said basically anything other than the tower area is getting a bit worn and shoddy feeling. I'm hopeful we don't have any issues but we will definitely keep these reviews in mind for the future!

It looked like GDT was perfect. Of course it's new but I think for sure all of the attention is being put on it right now for obvious reasons. I guess with the cost cutting they are diverting their resources to it. Some of the things though like broken lights seemed a bit weird to me. Some of them were straight just bulbs and some were burned out making the passages dark. How hard is that to take care of, I mean I could've picked up some bulbs from Lowes for them.

It just seemed a bit unsettling to see these little things around a WDW resort being ignored.

Tower wise... you should be golden. I have a feeling I would've gotten less attitude and overall better CS if I had stayed there.

We are going March 17-20. Staying at Yacht Club. The best thing is that my trip is FREE!! I won it last year in a contest through one of my industries professional organizations. It is me, my husband and two sons aged 10 & 24. We've never all four been together. The oldest son went when he was 9 with his best friends family. We took the younger son 5 years ago & the oldest did not want to go with us.

Last minute trip to the Yacht Club planned for Spring Break. March 18-22. Hoping for a Beaches and Cream dinner reservation for my son's birthday! Hopefully people drop extras soon! Can't wait!
We leave Sunday and will be there for 3 days. We Are beyond excited! I really hope the boardwalk has some places my fiancé and I can go sit outside and have some drinks.
We are going March 17-20. Staying at Yacht Club. The best thing is that my trip is FREE!! I won it last year in a contest through one of my industries professional organizations. It is me, my husband and two sons aged 10 & 24. We've never all four been together. The oldest son went when he was 9 with his best friends family. We took the younger son 5 years ago & the oldest did not want to go with us.

Got everyone added.

We stayed at the Boardwalk for the first time during Christmas. Not much was open, but the AcadaBAR was a decent spot for drinks.

Wow! That's awesome! Have so much fun together next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter