***Official March 2021 Thread***

I am struggling today. Our trip starts in 3 days... March 18th. I woke up this morning to an email from Frontier Airlines pertaining to "important information about my upcoming trip". I opened the email and it showed that I was flying to LAS VEGAS on Thurs. I starting panicking and freaking out. I checked my confirmation email from when I booked the flight back in November. It had been to Orlando.. arriving at 5:30pm. I looked more closely at today's email, and it showed that it was still to Orlando, but had a lay-over now in Vegas. The kicker is, the layover is 8 hours long, and the flight from Vegas to Orlando is at 1am... having us arrive at 5am on the 19th. I have 4 little kids, that is not going to work!!! Not to mention we are paying $xxxx for our BLT 2-bedroom on the night of the 18th! I have been calling Frontier all day to try to get something else worked out, but the line is busy. I don't know what I'm going to do. I am having PTSD from all the cancellations last year and the disappointments. My heart is racing, I am shaking, and I feel like I'm going to throw up.

I’m sorry this happened to you! Do they have an online chat feature you could try to use to reach someone, or email while you’re on hold?

I'm trying to finish up my packing. I have the majority of everything already in my suitcase but I think I'm going to go back through my suitcase to make sure I even need what all I have packed. I still need to throw my shoes in my suitcase as well. But until I decide which pair I am wearing on the flight down, I can't do that LOL I also need to pull out the duffel bag so I can throw that into my suitcase in case I buy a little too much. Then I can use that as my second checked back on my flight home if I need to do that.

I am struggling today. Our trip starts in 3 days... March 18th. I woke up this morning to an email from Frontier Airlines pertaining to "important information about my upcoming trip". I opened the email and it showed that I was flying to LAS VEGAS on Thurs. I starting panicking and freaking out. I checked my confirmation email from when I booked the flight back in November. It had been to Orlando.. arriving at 5:30pm. I looked more closely at today's email, and it showed that it was still to Orlando, but had a lay-over now in Vegas. The kicker is, the layover is 8 hours long, and the flight from Vegas to Orlando is at 1am... having us arrive at 5am on the 19th. I have 4 little kids, that is not going to work!!! Not to mention we are paying $xxxx for our BLT 2-bedroom on the night of the 18th! I have been calling Frontier all day to try to get something else worked out, but the line is busy. I don't know what I'm going to do. I am having PTSD from all the cancellations last year and the disappointments. My heart is racing, I am shaking, and I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Ugh that is awful to have happen so near to when your trip is....

Sending you positive thoughts that something can be resolved!!

Not knowing Frontier's Cancellation policies but are there any other airlines that have better options available for you?

Ugh that is awful to have happen so near to when your trip is....

Sending you positive thoughts that something can be resolved!!

Not knowing Frontier's Cancellation policies but are there any other airlines that have better options available for you?

UPDATE FROM MY ABOVE POST (THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR LETTING ME VENT AND FOR BEING SUPPORTIVE DURING THIS)....

Hallelujah, I got ahold of Frontier! They have issued me a full refund. Huge headache and a little traumatizing for the kids (and me, to be honest), but at least I got my money back. I checked Expedia for flights this Thursday, and American Airlines had 6 tickets left on a flight to Orlando from where I am. I snatched them all up! We are still going and will arrive at 6:30pm that evening. Now fingers crossed we can still make our ADR that night, but if that is all I am worried about then I feel grateful. And also, praying nothing else like this happens in the next 3 days. I would not be able to take it!

Last edited:
UPDATE FROM MY ABOVE POST (THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR LETTING ME VENT AND FOR BEING SUPPORTIVE DURING THIS)....

Hallelujah, I got ahold of Frontier! They have issued me a full refund. Huge headache and a little traumatizing for the kids (and me, to be honest), but at least I got my money back. I checked Expedia for flights this Thursday, and American Airlines had 6 tickets left on a flight to Orlando from where I am. I snatched them all up! We are still going and will arrive at 6:30pm that evening. Now fingers crossed we can still make our ADR that night, but if that is all I am worried about then I feel grateful. And also, praying nothing else like this happens in the next 3 days. I would not be able to take it!

Glad you were able to get a refund and found new flights!

How stressful, I am SO happy they gave you a refund and you were able to find something else. :grouphug:

This is the part I HATE about flying in COVID times: The airlines are constantly changing flights and at the last possible minute. When I went in October, they canceled our return flight the night before!! I was freaking out since I had to go to work!

I leave in 8 days....I am just praying for serenity to make it until then, and that the trip is uneventful and fun and relaxing. The flight talk has me stressed. We're flying Allegiant and we had some trouble in October with our flights, so I'm nervous. Thankfully, our return day has two flights going home from Orlando, so I think the worst that could happen is that they merge them into one flight. 8 days, ya'll.

I am aware that they are completely independent of each other. And my issue was not with ME, they were correct, it was with resort arrival.

When I completed my check in I selected 11:30am for my resort arrival, took a screen shot just I case. Then I made my ME reservation based on my airline flight arrival to MCO. When I logged in during my flight I was not provided an option to update the resort arrival time. The resort arrival clearly said, Arriving via ME or something like that.

The 12am time is very specific and technically the day AFTER my check in. Since I know that I did everything correctly there has to be something else that is triggering/overriding the time I selected for resort arrival.
Yep, was clarifying more for the person you responded to, who was specifically asking about Magical Express. Also, 12am on the arrival date is actually the midnight before the day starts, not midnight after you check in. So if it happens again, rest assured they are not changing your arrival date--it just defaults to "zero hour" on arrival day.

That must be a relief! In case this happens to others, rest assured that for flights that take off and land in the U.S., federal regulations require that airlines issue a full refund in the event the airline cancels your flight and moves you to another one or if the airline makes a significant schedule change, regardless of the airline's cancellation policy. You may need to escalate to a supervisor, but they can't legally deny you a refund if they change your flight by more than a couple of hours. Note I am referring to situations where the airline makes the change, not when a flight is delayed or cancelled due to bad weather closing the runways for example (which is not the airline's decision).

Always encourage people to look up their rights, as airlines can be sneaky on these things, especially these days with so many flights being changed. Here are the official rules airlines have to follow on refunds:
https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/refunds

This is the part I HATE about flying in COVID times: The airlines are constantly changing flights and at the last possible minute. When I went in October, they canceled our return flight the night before!! I was freaking out since I had to go to work!
And this is why I am checking my SW flights daily lol. I am terrified there will be a stupid last min change

And this is why I am checking my SW flights daily lol. I am terrified there will be a stupid last min change

SW does normally send out an email if they change something. Granted in my experience it has happened in the middle of the night so it's just a "fun" wake up surprise.

I had them make changes like that pre-Covid too.

SW does normally send out an email if they change something. Granted in my experience it has happened in the middle of the night so it's just a "fun" wake up surprise.

I had them make changes like that pre-Covid too.

We are flying American and our original flights got changed, I'm assuming they consolidated flights. We are now leaving an hour earlier (6:05a) and when heading back home leaving two hours earlier now (5:30p). I've noticed on the AA app they have a "flexible change offer" for our flight, so I'm thinking the flight is probably full/oversold. Until we take off from DFW for MCO, I'm skeptically optimistic. One day and 21 hours left...

(Updated in post 1724)

Frontier is weird on their layovers. Not only are they WAY out of the way many times but also for long periods. The cheapest flights usually out of my city also are non-stops... nothing makes sense. I just checked and they have a non-stop for 127 but the rest are 156 and have 8-19 hour layovers in Denver. Which happens to be the complete opposite way of Orlando... lol

Glad you got your flight straitened out!

On the rumors board, people are talking about 2 hour waits to get into the pools at POP! I know I probably should have thought about this before, but I didn't - and we are big pool people who go back to the resort to rest and swim every day. This will suck!

On the rumors board, people are talking about 2 hour waits to get into the pools at POP! I know I probably should have thought about this before, but I didn't - and we are big pool people who go back to the resort to rest and swim every day. This will suck!
Same - these reports are scaring me too. I guess I knew there could be a bit of a wait....but 2 hours?! That's insane. I'm staying at CBR which has multiple quiet pools so hopefully those will be an option at least.

Same - these reports are scaring me too. I guess I knew there could be a bit of a wait....but 2 hours?! That's insane. I'm staying at CBR which has multiple quiet pools so hopefully those will be an option at least.

Do ya'll know what the system is like to wait? Do they put your name on a list and you can leave and then come back? I can't imagine standing outside the pool to wait for 2 hours. We will be at CBR too and may have to take advantage of the quiet pools. I wonder if the afternoons or evenings are busier?

Do ya'll know what the system is like to wait? Do they put your name on a list and you can leave and then come back? I can't imagine standing outside the pool to wait for 2 hours. We will be at CBR too and may have to take advantage of the quiet pools. I wonder if the afternoons or evenings are busier?
Good questions...I'm not sure. The reports I've seen so far are mostly from CSR. Hopefully it's a list with a return time and not waiting in a physical line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter