***Official March 2021 Thread***

I am interested in your sci-fi and yak & yeti ADRs if you are dropping them. What day and time are they? Thanks!

Can you PM me? It won't let me start a conversation with you (probably because you don't have enough posts/replies yet). I have a couple of Yak&Yeti ADRs to release on Wednesday the 24th and wanted to see if either would work for you if you still need the Yak&Yeti ADR. I also have a couple other Sci-Fi ADRs to release once I see which one marshallabney wants. At least one will be on Tuesday the 23rd (unless Marshallabney needs both of those) and the other one is Thursday the 25th. Once I know which one is taken I can be more specific on times/dates through a private conversation.

On a side note I also have two Liberty Tree Tavern times to release. Those are for Monday the 22nd. All of these are for 6 people and at supper time.

next sunday we will be getting on the plane at this time can get here fast enough

Us too! UGH! I am sooo ready for this trip. However my older sister called me last night and she was a little stressed out. Not really about taking the trip (she is so ready for a trip) but more because it's come up so face she isn't feeling prepared...LOL I think it was just because it was her daughters colorguard try out week and so she was busy driving her around to practices and things like that so she didn't have the evenings to prepare anything. I didn't have the heart to tell her I was almost completely packed and ready. Hopefully now that tryouts are over she will have a slow week to get things done that she needs to get done.

Okay, all of my Sci-Fi ADRS are taken (I've PMEd you back if you PMed me) but I still have these ADRs available:
Monday March 22nd: Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:45 and at 6:40
Wednesday March 24th Yak & Yeti at 11:00am and 1:30pm

If I don't hear anything from anyone wanting to coordinate the release I will release these Tuesday morning.

I can't believe that in one week I will be in the Disney Bubble!

Random thoughts from our trip,

March 6-13
Southwest
Copper Creek

Copper Creek - About 1 hour prior to our landing I was reviewing my text messages and realized that the text I received had my arrival time for 12:00am. I know when I completed the check in process I had the correct time AND I had a reservation for ME. So I pay the $8 for in flight internet so I could update my arrival time. I finally get in and my arrival time says arriving via ME. I then try the chat feature that connects me to someone who without even letting me explain the situation says "go to the front desk."

I explain that I need her to update my arrival time and after insisting she finally does it. She ends her conversation with "you may now calmly pick up your bags and proceed to ME."

This is the second time I have had a 12:00am arrival time. When we were there in January we had a split stay and our room assignment text never came. I also used the chat feature and the CM said that my arrival time was for 12:00am. She could see that it was a split stay and fixed it right away.

Room view - when I booked I asked for a pool view. When we got to the resort our room location (6100) overlooked the front parking lot. Time made a request and we're moved to 5124 overlooking the smaller pool.

One last thing about CC - our hallway was a parking lot of mobility carts parked on either side of the hallway. I suspect they are parked in the hallway because they take up so much room and are an inconvenience to keep in the room. I suspect the housekeeping crew has the same sentiments when zig zapping their carts through the minefield in the hallway. Is it OK to store things outside my room? Like my empty luggage or coolers?

Bus transportation - we had the worst luck and spent a lot of time waiting at the resort/parks.

Mobile ordering - mobile ordering is the best!

Yak & Yeti - ate here for the first time and everyone loved it. Ordered too much food but it was all so good.

6ft markings - had some issues with this and many times felt that people were right on my tail. At those times I would say loudly to my kidlets, "do you know those people in front of you? No. Then step back from them and get on your line." Anyone close enough behind me that could hear got the point and stepped back.

Universal Studios - spent the day here on Wednesday. Too. Many. People.

Mask compliance - saw more people's faces than I would have liked to. It's been a year peeps. There was a strong CM presence throughout the parks holding their signs reminding people and asking for them to pull up their masks.

DAS - while in line for Pirates I overhead a female guest complaining about the wait time. She remarked to her friend that she was going to get a DAS card. "I will just tell them I have a bad back. Then we can get on all the rides without waiting. They can't say anything about it." Is that how easy it is?

RoR - successfully secured boarding groups from our resort room Sunday and Tuesday. No issues.

Oga's - I had an ADR for Tuesday 9am and although I checked and checked for a better time I was not successful. Monday night we went back to MGM (it will always be MGM in my family) and stopped by to see if we could go in. They let us in at 5:45pm, 7pm closing time. Quick stop at guest services on our way out to cancel the early morning reservation for the next day since I was within the 24 hr window.

Savi's & Droid Depot - my kidlets loved every minute. They had been looking forward to those experiences for a long time. I was so happy to see them experience GE for the first time.

Wait times - all times were exaggerated and we came in under every time. My kidlets would start a timer when we entered the que line. FYI, they started a time for pirates on Thursday and never turned it off. Now they are seeing how long the timer will go.

Crowds - crowd size was considerably larger than when we were here in January and picked up Thursday. Our spring break was early and was glad to be on our way out as more people began to arrive.

Flower and Garden Festival - my husband and I were excited to see this festival for the first time. My kidlets, not so much. We are taking an adults only weekend trip in May so we can enjoy the festival.

March 6-13
Southwest
Copper Creek

Copper Creek - About 1 hour prior to our landing I was reviewing my text messages and realized that the text I received had my arrival time for 12:00am. I know when I completed the check in process I had the correct time AND I had a reservation for ME. So I pay the $8 for in flight internet so I could update my arrival time. I finally get in and my arrival time says arriving via ME. I then try the chat feature that connects me to someone who without even letting me explain the situation says "go to the front desk."

I explain that I need her to update my arrival time and after insisting she finally does it. She ends her conversation with "you may now calmly pick up your bags and proceed to ME."

This is the second time I have had a 12:00am arrival time. When we were there in January we had a split stay and our room assignment text never came. I also used the chat feature and the CM said that my arrival time was for 12:00am. She could see that it was a split stay and fixed it right away.

Room view - when I booked I asked for a pool view. When we got to the resort our room location (6100) overlooked the front parking lot. Time made a request and we're moved to 5124 overlooking the smaller pool.

One last thing about CC - our hallway was a parking lot of mobility carts parked on either side of the hallway. I suspect they are parked in the hallway because they take up so much room and are an inconvenience to keep in the room. I suspect the housekeeping crew has the same sentiments when zig zapping their carts through the minefield in the hallway. Is it OK to store things outside my room? Like my empty luggage or coolers?

Bus transportation - we had the worst luck and spent a lot of time waiting at the resort/parks.

Yak & Yeti - ate here for the first time and everyone loved it. Ordered too much food but it was all so good.

6ft markings - had some issues with this and many times felt that people were right on my tail. At those times I would say loudly to my kidlets, "do you know those people in front of you? No. Then step back from them and get on your line." Anyone close enough behind me that could hear got the point and stepped back.

Mask compliance - saw more people's faces than I would have liked to. It's been a year peeps. There was a strong CM presence throughout the parks holding their signs reminding people and asking for them to pull up their masks.

DAS - while in line for Pirates I overhead a female guest complaining about the wait time. She remarked to her friend that she was going to get a DAS card. "I will just tell them I have a bad back. Then we can get on all the rides without waiting. They can't say anything about it." Is that how easy it is?

RoR - successfully secured boarding groups from our resort room Sunday and Tuesday. No issues.

Oga's - I had an ADR for Tuesday 9am and although I checked and checked for a better time I was not successful. Monday night we went back to MGM (it will always be MGM in my family) and stopped by to see if we could go in. They let us in at 5:45pm, 7pm closing time. Quick stop at guest services on our way out to cancel the early morning reservation for the next day since I was within the 24 hr window.

Savi's & Droid Depot - my kidlets loved every minute. They had been looking forward to those experiences for a long time. I was so happy to see them experience GE for the first time.

Wait times - all times were exaggerated and we came in under every time. My kidlets would start a timer when we entered the que line. FYI, they started a time for pirates on Thursday and never turned it off. Now they are seeing how long the timer will go.

Crowds - crowd size was considerably larger than when we were here in January and picked up Thursday. Our spring break was early and was glad to be on our way out as more people began to arrive.

Flower and Garden Festival - my husband and I were excited to see this festival for the first time. My kidlets, not so much. We are taking an adults only weekend trip in May so we can enjoy the festival.
Sounds like you had a lot not go as planned. Sorry for that! Hope you all still had fun.

People often think of DAS as line skipping, but you do actually have to wait for the full standby line time outside of the ride queue so it doesn’t actually let you ride “without waiting.” Anyhow, unlikely a claim of a bad back would qualify as DAS is not meant for physical disability—they would likely suggest a wheelchair instead.

March 6-13
Southwest
Copper Creek

Essentially, sadly people can make up anything they want to, to get a DAS pass. Doctors notes are not required for one, it's based on the judgment of the cast member.I know with a DAS if the line is less than 30 minutes the cast member will you on immediately. However, if the line is longer than 30 minutes you will get a return time. Which, essentially isn't bad for some, because you can ride other rides during your return time. I honestly get the frustration with some guests with the DAS system, more verification should be needed.

I'm really encouraged by the wait times I'm seeing these past few days! With this week having no availability, I figure it is probably the most accurate as far as predicting wait times for our trip (March 18-26). The times have been very doable!!!! Compared to our last spring break trip, with great FP and a good touring strategy, I don't think we will be disappointed with waits this year. Just three more sleeps!!!!!!

I have failed miserably to get a boarding group after three trips. What did you do to get your boarding groups?

Did you click join on all your pages without stopping to check anything else? Just curious what you did that may have prevented you from snagging them.

I've already removed my husband from being linked in MDE since he won't be on this trip. I've read that having people not on the trip can cause a slight stumbling block when trying to get a BG so I didn't want to take that chance of that being true. Now I am only linked with those that will be on the trip with me.

Did you click join on all your pages without stopping to check anything else? Just curious what you did that may have prevented you from snagging them.
We have several people on our MDE profile but the MDE app only selects the people who have active tickets. You don't have to worry about selecting people if you have the updated app. :)

Were you looking at time.gov and hitting join at 6:59:59?
I was relying on the time on my iPhone but I knew I was just a few seconds late. I will use time.gov next time. :)

We have several people on our MDE profile but the MDE app only selects the people who have active tickets. You don't have to worry about selecting people if you have the updated app. :)
:)

Yeah I knew it was suppose to only select those that are there, but didn't want to risk it since I've heard others having a glitch with it. But the reason I asked if you has just clicked join was because I thought maybe you had stopped to choose people and maybe thats why you didn't snag them. Sorry you haven't gotten them though. I'm hoping we are fortunate enough to snag some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter